Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

65" Haier 4K[3,840 x 2,160] LED TV - $749.99 - UHD

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2022 5:37 pm
Aug 16, 2010
718 posts
729 upvotes
Sudbury
Various netlix shows and 4k videos on youtube.
Nov 10, 2016
16 posts
3 upvotes
I am trying to get 4K@60HZ, I have this TV hooked up to my computer with a R9 280x Graphic card, with a DP 1.2 To HDMI 2.0 Adapter and a 2.0 Hdmi Cable.
I Cannot change my settings on my computer to go past 30HZ on the monitor, but my computer says the maximum resolution and hertz this TV can do is 2160p@70 HZ.

How do i get my computer to display 4K @ 60HZ?
Nov 17, 2016
3 posts
Sorry guys but can someone please let me know how long it takes for TV to turn on after you press power? Does it take like 10 secs? I want to make sure it's normal before sending this back.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1015 posts
448 upvotes
I bought this TV yesterday, calibrated the pictures...

I have no problem when watching something in motion, but when displaying all black or a freeze frame I find the light bleeding everywhere so that I get a very inconsistent black.

Is it common or should I return mine? Any settings that might solve this?
Salesperson
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1310 posts
417 upvotes
Ottawa
edmondt wrote: I bought this TV yesterday, calibrated the pictures...

I have no problem when watching something in motion, but when displaying all black or a freeze frame I find the light bleeding everywhere so that I get a very inconsistent black.

Is it common or should I return mine? Any settings that might solve this?
On a totally black screen I see bleeding at the four corners.

I also get vertical banding. One right in the middle of the screen is very pronounced, I don't know what I can do about it.
Apr 29, 2001
273 posts
190 upvotes
Montreal
Yes it does take around 10 seconds for me as well. I think I read that others are similar. My LG plasma it replaced used to take around 7-8 seconds. for an extra few seconds I 'll live with it now :)
Apr 29, 2001
273 posts
190 upvotes
Montreal
According to the Best Buy Canada Black Friday flyer I just received by email, we're getting pretty much the same deal on the LG OLED's: $2299.99 for the 55" B6 model, $3999.99 for the 65" B6 model.
Nov 17, 2016
3 posts
gpaps wrote: Yes it does take around 10 seconds for me as well. I think I read that others are similar. My LG plasma it replaced used to take around 7-8 seconds. for an extra few seconds I 'll live with it now :)
Thanks so much. My LG's are around 5 sec mark which is acceptable.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2006
1103 posts
3 upvotes
Alliston
Just picked this up yesterday at Costco Barrie, and put it up this morning, I am very pleased with it so far. Cant beat the price, there was 3 still their as of 6pm yesterday.

Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
2496 posts
2740 upvotes
Toronto
nguyentri wrote: On a totally black screen I see bleeding at the four corners.

I also get vertical banding. One right in the middle of the screen is very pronounced, I don't know what I can do about it.
I got pretty much the same, all good, no vertical banding but very bad black uniformity. Basically on black background you can see light clouds all over the screen.

I don't watch much movies so did not even notice it until lately when I watched couple movies from Netflix, now I can't unsee it )
I wonder if anyone has this screen without any artifacts like banding or light bleeding, does it worth to try to find one or they all have one or another and hence you get this cheap price.
Feb 7, 2014
320 posts
269 upvotes
Kitchener
I saw this tv today at costco waterloo, to me it felt not good compared to a samsung 6 series that was on display near this tv. Samsung 6270 from bestbuy that will be on sale during black friday for $899, dont you think it worth the $150 from the Haier tv?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2008
5064 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
haihai wrote: I saw this tv today at costco waterloo, to me it felt not good compared to a samsung 6 series that was on display near this tv. Samsung 6270 from bestbuy that will be on sale during black friday for $899, dont you think it worth the $150 from the Haier tv?
This tv is 10" larger.....normally a 10" size increase is worth HUNDREDS OF $ alone.

What's your main reason to buy a tv, big size or quality? The Samsung is probably better quality but t's a smaller tv and it still costs more. For 750 this is the BEST TV YOU WILL GET FOR THIS SIZE.
Current KOODO customer😎
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
9005 posts
5728 upvotes
randomkidx wrote: This tv is 10" larger.....normally a 10" size increase is worth HUNDREDS OF $ alone.

What's your main reason to buy a tv, big size or quality? The Samsung is probably better quality but t's a smaller tv and it still costs more. For 750 this is the BEST TV YOU WILL GET FOR THIS SIZE.
For people who don't care much about anything but having a big TV, this is a great option.

I too have spent plenty of time comparing this TV to others on display at Costco and differences are noticeable picture quality wise. Most notably, yellow issue.
Nov 20, 2016
1 posts
Definitely the 65'. I bought one two days ago & it's a great bargain esp considering its only $499 now!
Nov 30, 2011
697 posts
224 upvotes
EDMONTON
YusefH654015 wrote: Definitely the 65'. I bought one two days ago & it's a great bargain esp considering its only $499 now!
Can anyone confirm this?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2009
1413 posts
630 upvotes
YusefH654015 wrote: Definitely the 65'. I bought one two days ago & it's a great bargain esp considering its only $499 now!
The 65" is $500?!?!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2959 posts
2496 upvotes
Scarborough
dunlop wrote: The 65" is $500?!?!
No, was there today, still 749.99. Other guy's just derpy or confused. You'd know if it was on sale, usually .97 or. 89 on the end if it was on sale/clearance.
Feb 7, 2014
320 posts
269 upvotes
Kitchener
randomkidx wrote: This tv is 10" larger.....normally a 10" size increase is worth HUNDREDS OF $ alone.

I was having the same debate with myself.
bigger TV and cheaper but with lower quality. or smaller with better quality.
that's why i was asking, may be someone would help me with decision :)