Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

65" Haier 4K[3,840 x 2,160] LED TV - $749.99 - UHD

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2022 5:37 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2004
1575 posts
348 upvotes
Ajax
Still same price.
First set i bought had major vertical banding issues. 2nd set worked out great. Calibrated and tested. No noticeable banding or back-light bleeding. Very happy with the purchase. Definitely got extended warranty with it as well.
Nov 21, 2007
560 posts
607 upvotes
Does it have WiFi installed? Or, Does it use cables connecting to internet?
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13892 posts
3539 upvotes
Toronto
funky_monkey wrote: Does it have WiFi installed? Or, Does it use cables connecting to internet?
Neither. Doesn't support internet
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7649 upvotes
Kanata
funky_monkey wrote: Does it have WiFi installed? Or, Does it use cables connecting to internet?
This doesn't have any "smart" features so it has no network connections built-in.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6989 upvotes
GTA
alecLelievre wrote: anyone know how this stacks up against the vizio M65-d0?
HDR10/Dolby Vision support, firmware updates (they added HDR10 over-the-air update), a 6" tablet as a remote, overall better quality. Review here: http://ca.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/m-series-2016

The M65 does not have a TV tuner and the RCA should have slightly better speakers!

It's comparing a base Toyota Camry to a Audi A4. Both are good at their job of getting from A to B, but one has more features.
Jun 10, 2005
604 posts
393 upvotes
I saw 8 in stock at the Dixie and Dundas Costco. Their computer said they had 50+ available... Maybe in the back?
Jun 10, 2005
604 posts
393 upvotes
I calibrated my TV with THX tune-up and am quite happy with the results considering the size and price. I found the other suggested settings were a bit too dark and I couldn't see any detail in dark scenes. These settings kind of wash out bright scenes, but overall, it looks better to my eyes.

For those interested:
Brightness = 60
Contrast = 46
Color = 55
Tint = 46
Sharpness = 45 - 50
Color Temp = Cool
Mar 2, 2004
907 posts
60 upvotes
Markham
Efx wrote: Still same price.
First set i bought had major vertical banding issues. 2nd set worked out great. Calibrated and tested. No noticeable banding or back-light bleeding. Very happy with the purchase. Definitely got extended warranty with it as well.

Your 2nd set has ZERO vertical banding or not as bad?
I can see vertical banding on mine when the TV source is poor.
Sometime even on the 4K hockey games from Bell Fibe TV.
I’m not sure if I should exchange it or not as my 90 days is almost up.
Nov 22, 2016
5 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
alecLelievre wrote: anyone know how this stacks up against the vizio M65-d0?
You can look up the difference in features and specs but yesterday I had a chance to compare three 4k TV at home, Haier 65uf2505, Vizio m50-c1 and LG OLED65E6P. I owe the Haier and the Vizio, the LG Oled is store at my place while my son's house is being completed. There is a very noticeable difference in the picture quality of each tv. The best of course is the LG follow by the Vizio, last was the Haier. The Vizio was half way between the LG oled and the Haier.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4639 posts
799 upvotes
Toronto
dad604 wrote: You can look up the difference in features and specs but yesterday I had a chance to compare three 4k TV at home, Haier 65uf2505, Vizio m50-c1 and LG OLED65E6P. I owe the Haier and the Vizio, the LG Oled is store at my place while my son's house is being completed. There is a very noticeable difference in the picture quality of each tv. The best of course is the LG follow by the Vizio, last was the Haier. The Vizio was half way between the LG oled and the Haier.
Thanks for the info, you get what you pay for, my understanding is if it(4k) is better than what you currently have, then go for it, price range tells everything.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Jul 11, 2009
853 posts
887 upvotes
Toronto
Gophermofur wrote: I calibrated my TV with THX tune-up and am quite happy with the results considering the size and price. I found the other suggested settings were a bit too dark and I couldn't see any detail in dark scenes. These settings kind of wash out bright scenes, but overall, it looks better to my eyes.

For those interested:
Brightness = 60
Contrast = 46
Color = 55
Tint = 46
Sharpness = 45 - 50
Color Temp = Cool
thanks. gonna try this on the 42" 1080p
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2959 posts
2496 upvotes
Scarborough
Antiloop wrote: How is this TV with PS4 Pro?

Since it has no HDR.
Probably the same as it would be with the regular PS4. 4K is barely noticeable on any tv (under 90 inches) from 6 ft or so. Personally, I wouldn't pay for the Pro, but that's an opinion, as is my comment.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2959 posts
2496 upvotes
Scarborough
JimU wrote: thanks. gonna try this on the 42" 1080p
Each model is different, if you are referring the THX calibration, do it for your tv. Whatever you do, don't use the posted settings on your different model TV, it will likely be way off.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2004
1575 posts
348 upvotes
Ajax
aw124 wrote: Your 2nd set has ZERO vertical banding or not as bad?
I can see vertical banding on mine when the TV source is poor.
Sometime even on the 4K hockey games from Bell Fibe TV.
I’m not sure if I should exchange it or not as my 90 days is almost up.
Not as bad. I don't think it's possible to get a perfect panel...
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2855 posts
836 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
is anyone else experiencing an issue with the tv powering itself back on when powered off with the factory remote?

initially, it was like once a week this was happening. now it's happening 8 out of 10 times. sometimes I have to go through the process of off (auto power on), off 3 - 4 times before it will stay off.
Saving money on things I don't need since 2009. thanks RFD

Woodstock, ON
Nov 27, 2016
8 posts
17 upvotes
crashxxx wrote: is anyone else experiencing an issue with the tv powering itself back on when powered off with the factory remote?

initially, it was like once a week this was happening. now it's happening 8 out of 10 times. sometimes I have to go through the process of off (auto power on), off 3 - 4 times before it will stay off.
I just got the tv 2 days ago. But no, I haven't had that happen once yet. I would definitely get a replacement asap.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
crashxxx wrote: is anyone else experiencing an issue with the tv powering itself back on when powered off with the factory remote?
Do you have any devices connected that are HDMI-CEC capable? These could turn on the TV. Like for example a Chromecast device.
Nov 27, 2016
8 posts
17 upvotes
So I just picked this TV up 2 days ago from HHGregg and payed $549.99 US. When I first hooked it up to my PS3 I was not impressed. The homescreen looked great but video did not appear to be up-scaled at all. I decided to try a 4k source. I went to best buy and bought a roku premiere+. Now.... the picture is gorgeous. I've been streaming netflix (upgraded my subscription for $2) and youtube in 4k ultra hd and it looks amazing on this big screen. Even the 1080p content looked better than ever (via roku upscaling). I had friends over the day I set it up and they were blown away. This is my first 4k tv mind you. I'm 25yrs old with 2 kids, I've never paid more than $1k (US) for a tv. This definitely shatters the 50" panasonic plasma 1080p it replaced. If you're like me, and this is your first 4K tv, you will not be disappointed. I haven't even calibrated the settings yet. I noticed very slight vertical banding when the screen is completely white but very minimal and it doesn't bother me at all. I honestly haven't listened to the TV speakers, as I immediately plugged in my surround system. I saw people complaining about the speakers but seriously.... who relies on tv speakers on a 65" 4k tv?? I've read through every post in this thread and I can't believe some ppl lol. It makes me wonder what it's like for you when you're at a friend's house and their tv isn't a smart 4k 10-bit HDR 120 native hz panel. Must be just awful lol. If you're so privileged and rolling in cash to afford a tv that reaches your wildest expectations in 2016, why are you even in this thread? For the money, this tv is incredible! I'm going to enjoy this for the next 2-3 years until 4K HDR is more readily available and the cost isn't so prohibitive. And then, I'll be glad I hadn't sunk an extra $1k into a 2016 tv when that $1k will buy greater specs/tech in 2018/19. :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)