• May 20th, 2011 10:45 am
Tags:
None
Apr 26, 2004
900 posts
28 upvotes
Thornhill

[Costco] Acrylic Utility Sink and Cabinet - $290

Very good looking, at that price it's very good. Sold out in Woodbridge, 8 @ Downsview, 14 @ Markham, 24 @ New Market.

Posting picture from old thread

43 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
7568 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
See post #1. Then use your phone to confirm. Then report back current day inventory from phone call(s) to ahelp other members.
yeahyeahyeah wrote:
Sep 12th, 2010 1:25 am
where can i find this sink??
Jul 30, 2003
808 posts
42 upvotes
I went looking for this on Sunday at Costco Queensway/Royal York and they didn't have any.
I still kinda feel $290 is overpriced for what is essentially a tub, drawer, and faucet......
Dec 23, 2007
568 posts
46 upvotes
Winnipeg
I was thinking of this for my laundry room in the basement. (Im renovating the basement/laundry room)

The price in my mind is so so.... one thing i didn't like about the sink is there isn't a spot to put a bar of soap (most laundry tubs do). Guess thats why its called a utility sink.

Anyways instead of buying this i bought those truckload event white kitchen cablents from home depot. There on for $99 dollors for any size cabinet you want. Im going to add a sink and countertop and have a sweet laundry room setup. Of course it will be more money in the end, (depending on how many you buy) but just some thought if people are thinking of doing the same. I went with 3 - 30" cabinets, 2 - 30" upper cabinets, 1 pantry.

Sorry and i dont mean to hijack this thread.

sould look something like this in the end Image
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
7568 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
Agreed, I liked the product even though it is a bit bulky for my space, but not enough to drop approx. $350 after taxes for it.

If this was priced at $199 pre-tax, I would buy it and make it work.
Miguel wrote:
Sep 13th, 2010 1:25 pm
.........I still kinda feel $290 is overpriced for what is essentially a tub, drawer, and faucet......
Sep 6, 2009
23 posts
It depends on your situation, but I bought the Nexstyle tub and did it myself. Was very easy and looks great in my laundry room. Looked into buying lower cabinets and a steel sink...much more expensive from what I could see. $290 plus tax isn't so bad, it also includes a half decent faucet.
Jun 4, 2008
115 posts
1 upvote
There was 1 left at the Burlington Costco today and since my wife likes it so much we bought it....thanks for the post OP!!!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
7568 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
What was the price? Same at 290?
ibadaccord wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 4:51 pm
There was 1 left at the Burlington Costco today and since my wife likes it so much we bought it....thanks for the post OP!!!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2006
5922 posts
151 upvotes
Murica
saw it in billy bishop way location across from yorkdale mall in GTA.
It was a very nice utility sink. I have an old school one which is still good.
Oct 2, 2010
1 posts
Chicago
Do you know if this sink is still being sold anywhere? Seems like it has vanished from the face of the earth.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
2523 posts
356 upvotes
Ottawa
Yeah, I saw 3 or 4 of them on the shop floor yesterday.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18500 posts
929 upvotes
Way too much for something usually used to wash muddy boots and rinse out rags.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Mar 19, 2006
779 posts
192 upvotes
There are a few left at the Innes rd. Costco in Ottawa.

I bought this and installed it myself. Looks great and the faucet is of reasonable quality.

Be sure to look at your drain rough-in. Unlike regular cabinets and laundry sinks, there is a back to the drawer so your p-trap has to be high enough to clear it.
I saw this after installing it since the I had the drawer out to connect the drain > :(
Jan 3, 2006
360 posts
10 upvotes
Costco has been carrying these for a little while now, I bought one when they first came in. If you're shopping around for a laundry tub this is a good deal. The faucet is a pull out and looks like it's worth $150-200. Also if you are looking for something that looks esthetically pleasing, the standard one isn't for you, and that's all I ever saw out there - and in the same price range. If you've seen something else even remotely close post it up!
× < >