Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Apple AirPods $139.99US Costco

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2018 12:06 am
Jun 13, 2017
114 posts
453 upvotes
Vancouver

[Costco] Apple AirPods $139.99US Costco

Saw a great deal on Apple AirPods in the Bellingham Costco for $139.99US
Images
  • IMG_1720.JPG
32 replies
Dec 18, 2013
356 posts
186 upvotes
Vancouver
Any rumors of a newer model coming out? I want to buy these for my Dad.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2456 posts
2953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
$139.99? at USD?????

Just buy the QC25 with the bluetooth attachment. Better quality sound, won't lose them, wireless, and sound cancelling

Screw these ear peanuts
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
14865 posts
4820 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC
blackston3 wrote: $139.99? at USD?????

Just buy the QC25 with the bluetooth attachment. Better quality sound, won't lose them, wireless, and sound cancelling

Screw these ear peanuts
Aren't these really very different products intended for different user wishes?

The QC25 is an over-the-ear design. I walk in quite warm weather and would find them to be impractical for that while the AirPods would be ideal.

The combination you suggest also appears to be considerably more expensive at C$295 plus $C77, so a total of C$372.

https://www.amazon.ca/Bose-QuietComfort ... B00M1NEUKK
https://www.amazon.ca/Wireless-Bluetoot ... B01MTQGY69

It that appears that the QC25 is also susceptible to physical connection problems to the point that Bose or Amazon feels a need to put the following caution on the Amazon page,
Do not place any stress or pull on the input cable. Doing so may shorten the life of your headset. Be sure the earcup ports are clear of lint, dust and debris. Do not allow moisture to get inside the earcups.
I'm not suggesting that the QC25 is an inferior product, only that it is not comparable to the deal posted by the OP.
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
Feb 1, 2009
558 posts
907 upvotes
Toronto

Screw these ear peanuts
You're a peanut
May 11, 2018
88 posts
148 upvotes

Screw these ear peanuts
IDK how you can think its relevant to compare over-the-ear banded headphones with earbuds. Two totally different demographics.
Last edited by Grego8 on Sep 21st, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ju Leon...
Mar 16, 2006
429 posts
499 upvotes
Vancouver

Screw these ear peanuts
I would just hire a band to play the songs. they are also wireless
Jul 31, 2015
913 posts
560 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
teemaxx wrote: Any rumors of a newer model coming out? I want to buy these for my Dad.
I'd hold off. There's likely going to be another Apple event next month focusing on iPads and Mac Minis. Rumor is that Apple wants the new wireless charging airpods to be released with their AirPower charging mat. But looks like AirPower is having some R&D issues. I think they'll still release the wireless charging AirPods alongside the new iPads and Mac Minis just to make sure it's on people's Christmas wish list.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2456 posts
2953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MexiCanuck wrote: Aren't these really very different products intended for different user wishes?

The QC25 is an over-the-ear design. I walk in quite warm weather and would find them to be impractical for that while the AirPods would be ideal.

The combination you suggest also appears to be considerably more expensive at C$295 plus $C77, so a total of C$372.

https://www.amazon.ca/Bose-QuietComfort ... B00M1NEUKK
https://www.amazon.ca/Wireless-Bluetoot ... B01MTQGY69

It that appears that the QC25 is also susceptible to physical connection problems to the point that Bose or Amazon feels a need to put the following caution on the Amazon page,

I'm not suggesting that the QC25 is an inferior product, only that it is not comparable to the deal posted by the OP.
Not really, the QC25 regularly go for $150CAD and whether you want the bluetooth attachment or not, they are available ($30 and $60 version on eBay, $70 on Amazon). You're still spending $180-$210, same (or more) the price as the Airpods but you're getting a superior sounding product and noise cancelling.

Hey, if anyone is fine with buying $180CAD worth for Apple airpods, go right ahead... LOL
Apr 25, 2006
317 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
I bought AirPods few months back at this USD price
Via Costco.com

Cost me $209 CAN

Tax and $5 shipping

Good thing you can use Canadian membership
Create your account and use mastercard to pay

I have option to ship in the US so didn’t try getting it here all the way

Hey it’s Costco - can still return in 90 days at Canadian store :-)
Oct 25, 2010
179 posts
107 upvotes
Vancouver
If you don’t get hit with taxes/duty on the way home... you are only saving $40.

Meh, would rather just buy local. My first pair of AirPods were DOA, had to take them back to BestBuy for a replacement.
May 27, 2008
572 posts
543 upvotes
In USD? not a deal at all... COLD COLD COLD! You can see it on eBay.ca and thesource.ca often @ 179$ CDN (more if you are PSP) plus you have to get there to pick it up at a US border point...

not hot at all...
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1913 posts
497 upvotes
Toronto

Screw these ear peanuts
But it's bose.. and sounds like garbage...
Banned
Oct 5, 2015
951 posts
666 upvotes
Outremont, QC
martlgore wrote: In USD? not a deal at all... COLD COLD COLD! You can see it on eBay.ca and thesource.ca often @ 179$ CDN (more if you are PSP) plus you have to get there to pick it up at a US border point...

not hot at all...
$139 is equivalent to $180 cad, while I see the source has it for $219
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2017
2581 posts
2677 upvotes
hopefully Amazon adjusts its price soon to compete
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1685 posts
744 upvotes
TBD
carols110 wrote: $139 is equivalent to $180 cad, while I see the source has it for $219
Plus WA tax. I can't recall what it is, 8 or 9 % I think.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2012
5361 posts
4957 upvotes
Toronto
There are much much better options than the Airpods. If they fit your ears and you don't use them for phone calls, I suppose they aren't the worst thing and certainly the tech is solid.

I'm a fan of the right tool for the job. Decide what you need headphones for and get the best ones you can afford for the job.

For phone calls I have a Plantronics 5200 headset - best in the world for phone calls
For flights I have Sony WH1000-XM3 - finally as comfortable as the Bose with better features and sound
For wireless earbuds I bought a set of the Bose SoundSport Free from a friend to try out, but the pairing to a laptop sucks BAD so might just ditch those on Kijiji

As an emergency standby I have a set of Bose SoundTrue wired earbuds. I spend a lot of time on conference calls and need something to work with a phone but the microphone on all wired earbuds SUCK. They pick up every movement of the cord and are horrible for ambient noise. The Plantronics can't be beat for that.

I have a lot of colleagues who use Airpods for conference calls and the sound on the receiving end is horrible.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)