Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Apple TV 4K 32 GB $194.99/ 64GB $209.99 with Masterpass

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2017 1:34 pm
Sep 28, 2015
925 posts
1124 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Great price on the 64GB.

BTW I hate the HDR-everything approach. It hurts my eyes just browsing the app store or iTunes store. The color is also very unnatural for movies/TV shows not shot in HDR. Hope they will change this soon. I prefer only have HDR in actual HDR movies.
Oct 11, 2017
49 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
anotherbargainhunter wrote: They trust you to know that you are going to return it. It is a common sense anyway. Don't you think it is a decent act to do? Why you have to wait?
Please don’t put words or intentions I don’t have.
You said they will contact me, that’s why I answered that.
I’m new in Canada and it’s my first purchase online with Costco, that’s why I asked a lot of questions in this thread.
So if I need to contact them, I will do it.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
4237 posts
1821 upvotes
, ON
UnBiip wrote: Please don’t put words or intentions I don’t have.
You said they will contact me, that’s why I answered that.
I’m new in Canada and it’s my first purchase online with Costco, that’s why I asked a lot of questions in this thread.
So if I need to contact them, I will do it.
I didn't put words or intentions. You put the intentions out here yourselves.
No matter where you live on this earth, when you exchange for something you return what you don't want. You don't wait and hope they ask you to return it LMAO. Let me ask you this. You walk in to a store then you tell the rep that you just bought a tv but it is the wrong model. The rep agrees to exchange it for you. The rep gives you the new tv with the correct model. You don't automatically hand in the other TV with the wrong model number and wait for them to ask you? Since you are new to Canada just like you claim to be, please return the item and do not wait until they contact you. This is Canadian's common sense. What if they don't contact you since you stated your intention to wait for them to contact you? See my friend, you already put your intention that you have.

To help you here is the costco contact information:
https://customerservice.costco.ca/app/a ... 0/a_id/392

You did contact them when you get the wrong product, didn't you? I suppose you can contact them if you have questions about returning the wrong product?
Aug 24, 2016
209 posts
237 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
Thanks OP. I have just received the 4K 64GB from Costco, ordered thursday shipped friday and paid with Masterpass. I have tried many times and did not worked until I realized that I have written an « ^ » on my address. The address in my Mastercard don’t have it. I don’t know why I was able to create my Masterpass account with this error. To realized it, I had to do a first purchase.

Some photos of de box.
Images
  • 88ABFC36-4446-4332-BC59-D722199CB99D.jpeg
  • 8B507E68-E5DB-4BB4-814B-C87A663C9AF0.jpeg
  • C1547942-1E59-4124-B469-232282239D0E.jpeg
Mar 14, 2017
244 posts
162 upvotes
warmdeals wrote: BTW I hate the HDR-everything approach. It hurts my eyes just browsing the app store or iTunes store.
Is there a setting to disable HDR?

I have the 4G 64GB model from Walmart US last Christmas. I wasn't planning to buy it, but when I saw the unit being priced at USD$159 on the shelf I immediately jumped on it (they had to adjust the price at the cashier as it was not scanned at that price). Hooked it up in the basement and returned one of the Bell Fibe receivers to save on rental cost.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
4237 posts
1821 upvotes
, ON
I returned my 32 gb one back to Costco but forgot to reset it to factory setting to erase my account and etc. Is there a way to erase it remotely?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
anotherbargainhunter wrote: I returned my 32 gb one back to Costco but forgot to reset it to factory setting to erase my account and etc. Is there a way to erase it remotely?
You can try this, but I'd just reset a new password because I don't recall if Costco doesn't do it, if the next user can perform purchases or not.

Dec 27, 2009
530 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know what device I can use to play my Ultraviolet HD digital movies? I'm guessing there's no ATV4 app?

I can't Airplay from a MacBook Pro to Apple TV - it downgrades to SD. I also have a Roku 3.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
4237 posts
1821 upvotes
, ON
AncasterRFD wrote: You can try this, but I'd just reset a new password because I don't recall if Costco doesn't do it, if the next user can perform purchases or not.

Let me try and will let you know.
Mar 25, 2007
186 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver
The English Hacker wrote: Does anyone know what device I can use to play my Ultraviolet HD digital movies? I'm guessing there's no ATV4 app?

I can't Airplay from a MacBook Pro to Apple TV - it downgrades to SD. I also have a Roku 3.
Haven't tested it on my Apple TV 4K yet (it arrived today after the mishap, and I'm still at work).
However, did you try to sign up for Movies Anywhere at http://www.moviesanywhere.com (you might need a US VPN to do that nowadays, not sure) and get it linked with Google, so you can probably access the movies in HD just from your YouTube purchases?
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2228 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
The English Hacker wrote: Does anyone know what device I can use to play my Ultraviolet HD digital movies? I'm guessing there's no ATV4 app?

Chromecast should do the trick. The only place UV movies remain accessible in Canada is flixster video and they only do mobile apps. UV is dead and will be replaced by movies anywhere, hopefully they port over when the service comes to Canada.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7618 posts
5705 upvotes
Ottawa

infuse 5
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Mar 21, 2010
311 posts
185 upvotes
Winnipeg
Create an American itunes account and download VUDU to the ATV4. Create VUDU account and link it to your UV account and stream using a US-based VPN.

VUDU works seamlessly on ATV.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2016
1176 posts
1794 upvotes
scarborough
pmcd wrote: It is not available for Android TV. Later this year according to Bell. I don’t know if the Apple TV app can pause Fibe TV. That is also to be added. Both the ShieldTV and Apple TV are great streamers. Seems to me that my Apple TV has better support than my Shield TV, in Canada at least.
I didn't say it was available on android TV but it is available for Android through the google play store for android boxes. I have a Sony TV with android Tv which the apps available sucks and are very few. I'm current using an android box attached to my Sony TV which gives me more apps.

Android TV apps are not the same as Android boxes/tablet apps. I believe Sony controls which apps are available with its TV
Oct 11, 2017
49 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto

MrGrinch wrote: Create an American itunes account and download VUDU to the ATV4. Create VUDU account and link it to your UV account and stream using a US-based VPN.

VUDU works seamlessly on ATV.
I've link my Vudu account and my google account to Movies Anywhere :
see this post : https://forums.redflagdeals.com/google- ... s-2133649/

And I have access to my movies under the App Youtube in the Apple TV, without VPN (I don't know why)
Sep 28, 2015
925 posts
1124 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
You can disable HDR (that's what I am doing right now), but it won't switch to HDR for any HDR movies, you'll have to do it manually.
XeniaOnatopp wrote: Is there a setting to disable HDR?

I have the 4G 64GB model from Walmart US last Christmas. I wasn't planning to buy it, but when I saw the unit being priced at USD$159 on the shelf I immediately jumped on it (they had to adjust the price at the cashier as it was not scanned at that price). Hooked it up in the basement and returned one of the Bell Fibe receivers to save on rental cost.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
Is the Apple TV app store unique? Or mirroring the same apps as iPad and iPhone?

Anyone know how to access the Apple TV store via the web?

Like Playstore can be accessed and you can see what apps are applicable to what product.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
rebel_rfd wrote: Is the Apple TV app store unique? Or mirroring the same apps as iPad and iPhone?

Anyone know how to access the Apple TV store via the web?

Like Playstore can be accessed and you can see what apps are applicable to what product.
Apple TV's App Store will only show apps that can be installed on the Apple TV.

You can not access the Apple TV's App Store via the web.

Read How to Find More Apps on the Apple TV
Dec 27, 2009
530 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
bakudan wrote: Haven't tested it on my Apple TV 4K yet (it arrived today after the mishap, and I'm still at work).
However, did you try to sign up for Movies Anywhere at http://www.moviesanywhere.com (you might need a US VPN to do that nowadays, not sure) and get it linked with Google, so you can probably access the movies in HD just from your YouTube purchases?
You can't create a Movies Anywhere account outside the US and my situation doesn't allow for a US VPN. Even if it did, wouldn't the service recognize that I have Canadian-specific digital codes?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)