Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Asus Zenbook 13.3" ultrabook- $599.97

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2019 7:15 pm
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
master_jackson wrote: I don't know about you but Canada is a bilingual country and we should be able to be served in both official language.
I totally agree, so sell both French and English laptops then.

But that would screw with the manufacturer's "one-size-fits-all" profit-making plan for Canada, by instituting a junk "French Canadian" keyboard as the default for Canada.
Mar 23, 2017
117 posts
86 upvotes
Tutonaguy
For anyone looking for it in Halifax, there is none in HFX store, but they have it in Dartmouth.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2369 posts
569 upvotes
York
michiebaby wrote: Any left in the GTA?
There wasnt even any left when it dropped to 599 lol
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
elnini0 wrote: It's a lot easier to study, be served, etc in english in Québec than in french in any other anglophone provinces.
That's because they all work for (or want to work for) the government and have "just" enough English to pass the test.
Feb 8, 2010
626 posts
574 upvotes
GroundBus wrote: It should be a crime to sell laptops with french keyboards outside of Quebec.
This is the reason I refuse to buy any laptop in Canada. Last time I had to order a keyboard from China to replace the French keyboard on my ASUS laptop.
Feb 8, 2010
626 posts
574 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: Sooner or later, we won't have any French keyboards outside of Quebec. It will be Chinese and English. Saw a Tylenol coupon in CHINESE AND ENGLISH.
Chinese people use standard US English keyboard.... Just FYI.
Jun 1, 2007
102 posts
50 upvotes
Montreal
billy_z wrote: This is the reason I refuse to buy any laptop in Canada. Last time I had to order a keyboard from China to replace the French keyboard on my ASUS laptop.
Why not just put stickers on the couple of keys that are different?
Feb 8, 2010
626 posts
574 upvotes
Totalmayhem wrote: Why not just put stickers on the couple of keys that are different?
Sticker is not a good solution. Layout is bad.... It hurts my productivity as a programmer.

At the time I was doing a lot of shipping from China so it is relatively easy to get an OEM parts. Costs about $40.

Otherwise I have a cheap keyboard at office. Whenever I get there, just plug in the USB keyboard.
Feb 8, 2010
626 posts
574 upvotes
tenzo_r wrote: very noob question. Does PUBG work on this machine?
Yes, at slide show performance and crappy effects. It is up to you to play it or not.
May 20, 2008
151 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
I picked up the last display unit in Barrie and going to return it. If you want, you can get it from me. I don't care where I get my refund from.
... I didn't care for the trackpad in this thing. It is big and pleasant to touch, but I still don't like it. PM.
Jul 16, 2009
239 posts
254 upvotes
Costco kingston still has a bunch left (10+).

Can anyone link a compatible US keyboard replacement?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
update: Brossard sold the last one (demo) Saint-Hubert still have them at the previous discount price of $799.88 + eco fees
Jul 6, 2005
161 posts
6 upvotes
Anybody tried Hackintosh on this machine?
Jul 6, 2005
161 posts
6 upvotes
JonoG5 wrote: Oh, I have! But to get trackpad, brightness etc. working it takes some know how. I'm really hoping the originator of this thread/project will help me get it working. If not, I'll just return it to Costco.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guid ... ch.257448/
Ah I see, might just buy the i7 HP from Shoppers @ 799.99 with 20x the points. Problem is once you open you cannot return.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
mwahahaa wrote: Couldn't you just buy a US keyboard for relatively cheap on ebay? That's what I did for one of my Lenovo laptops and it was a very cost-effective solution.
It's the ANSI vs ISO layouts people here are complaining about.

Sure, if the keys are just one slab all the way across but with these chiclet style keyboards, you need to change the entire palmrest. With these ultrabooks, most components will be attached to the palmrest so it would mean you would need to remove the bottom, battery, the entire top LCD, motherboard (and maybe some daughter boards) and speakers that may be held down by strong tape. If you didn't get a palmrest with the touch pad, you'll need to transfer that too.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12065 upvotes
Toronto
Haz wrote: It's the ANSI vs ISO layouts people here are complaining about.

Sure, if the keys are just one slab all the way across but with these chiclet style keyboards, you need to change the entire palmrest. With these ultrabooks, most components will be attached to the palmrest so it would mean you would need to remove the bottom, battery, the entire top LCD, motherboard (and maybe some daughter boards) and speakers that may be held down by strong tape. If you didn't get a palmrest with the touch pad, you'll need to transfer that too.
I did it once with this style of keyboard, turned out alright but was a huge pain. Didn’t need to touch the LCD but you need to get under the motherboard so recommend it only if your comfortable with disassembly or can find a guide.

If you have one of the keyboards that drop in from the top though, there’s little reason not to swap it, $20 and a few screws from the bottom, if any, will usually do it.
Last edited by Angultra on Feb 1st, 2019 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 5, 2009
20 posts
12 upvotes
Ontario
toyboof wrote: Costco kingston still has a bunch left (10+).

Can anyone link a compatible US keyboard replacement?
Anyone planning to drive down from Ottawa willing to pick an extra one up?
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
Haz wrote: It's the ANSI vs ISO layouts people here are complaining about.
There is more of a difference than just that, as both keyboards you posted are English and neither has all those split-keys of a French Canadian model.

So you're half-right and half-wrong.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)