None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
1048 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto

Costco Baklava

I ate some Baklava at a recent office party, the person said they got it from Costco.

I went looking for it, but did not find any.

Do they actually sell it?
9 replies
Dec 20, 2007
597 posts
46 upvotes
LOL at this thread. I think I've seen it there before.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2011
8602 posts
13444 upvotes
Yes, at Christmas.
It is very yummy.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2006
2473 posts
202 upvotes
Whitby
I've had it before, I didn't think it was all that great, it was a struggle to finish it. At the time I lived close to the Lawrence strip and Arz Bakery where I could get it fresh, which, is much better. I guess it'd do in a pinch, it was pretty costly from what I remember.... If you have a middle eastern bakery anywhere near you, give them a shot.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17605 posts
741 upvotes
Brampton
I always am tempted to buy them when I walk by, but never have. They've probably gotten soft or gooey from sitting in that package so long..

Luckily I am not too too far from Baklava King on Dundas so I still make it there once and a while

I brought a huge tray from Baklava king to my family get together on boxing day and they went over huge, most people really loved them
come troll our unofficial chatroom at #redflagdeals on EFnet
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2012
1797 posts
362 upvotes
I could eat this stuff till I get sick

have no clue if Costco sells it or not (vaguely remember seeing some last time I went there)
I think your best bet in terms of price and quality is trying a middle eastern place that probably makes their own (or at least has a decent supplier)

I usually get my baklava in a thin white rectangular box with a plastic window on the top where it comes from I have no clue, I just know that whenever I have baklava I usually have nuts.

So... I am pretty sure these guys sell baklava... and if memory serves me correct it is pretty good ( I am not middle eastern and my interpretation of "good" should be taken with a grain of salt)

Roasted Nut Factory at 2399 Cawthra Rd, Mississauga, ON
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17605 posts
741 upvotes
Brampton
That Roasted Nut Factory is a never-discussed gem of a place from what I can remember. They've got the best cashews and pistachios from what I remember... Delicious

Have not been in over a year but I remember it being just a tiny place
Oct 24, 2012
22 posts
2 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
How about Paramont Fine Food's Baklava ? compared to Baklava king's ?

I've read it's baked foods are good.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5462 posts
178 upvotes
BC
They do, I've sampled and its pretty good. They dont have it all the time, but it seems to me I've seen it more than just at Christmas... so maybe they get it around holidays, check at Easter.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17605 posts
741 upvotes
Brampton
drstein wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 8:24 pm
How about Paramont Fine Food's Baklava ? compared to Baklava king's ?

I've read it's baked foods are good.
I've always been the odd one out to dislike Paramount while it has scores of people who love it, but even I have to admit their baklava is awesome. It's right up there Baklava King's... Baklava King's is richer though, more butter and more honey where Paramount's is dryer and crispy all over
× < >