Costco Battlefront 2 Clearance.

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2018 10:15 am
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
2202 posts
918 upvotes
Burlington
Still not buying it. It won't ever be a deal until the lootboxes and microtransactions are removed.

I bought monster hunter and there's none of that stuff. Why would I support a company that doesn't care about the gamers.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6052 posts
2158 upvotes
Toronto
ya the multiplayer is a wash regardless of the price but i'm still interested in playing the campaign because I'm sure the graphics are amazing on PC as DICE game usually are. I'd spend $5-10 to play the campaign but my guess is it comes to access before hitting that price
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4197 posts
552 upvotes
I personally don't mind micro transactions, I work a lot, I'd rather pay some money to unlock Vader than grind through the game.
Aug 20, 2009
6529 posts
1192 upvotes
Grimsby
Kherani wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2018 6:57 pm
I personally don't mind micro transactions, I work a lot, I'd rather pay some money to unlock Vader than grind through the game.
To each his own I guess. I make a decent living and value my time but I don't like the idea of just throwing money at games like that. I just think they could have a sane progression system so that you could unlock it in a reasonable period of time and not have microtransactions at all. Like how every MP used to be :(
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1093 posts
285 upvotes
Kherani wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2018 6:57 pm
Here's a novel concept. How about not having to waste time grinding at all or spending money and being able to play with Vader from the start in a game you paid $80 for? And we're not talking about paying $5 to unlock Vader. It will literally take thousands of hours or hundreds if not thousands of dollar to unlock everything!
Mar 19, 2004
980 posts
49 upvotes
Just to jump in on unlocking stuff. I bought this game in mid-December for my 8 yr old Star Wars crackhead son (I take full responsibility) for play on our Xbox One X. He loves it, I haven't had the time to play it much myself. Now I'm not a deadbeat parent who lets their kid play 20-30hrs a week. He likely averaged 6hr a week since getting it, maybe a bit more over the holidays. He's managed to unlock all the hero's and ships, and it appears he's stacked quite a few decent star cards. I haven't looked at it close, but this assumption that it takes "thousands" of hours to unlock, seems a bit much. The Xbox is in our living room, so we manage when he plays. Anyway, the game looks incredible on 4K on my new 65" Sony. I enjoy watching him play, and I cry a little inside as I realize he can now kick my a$$ at FPS on the Xbox.....when I get this kid on PC though (with my mouse and KB), he's getting schooled!
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1093 posts
285 upvotes
Unlocking All Current Content in 'Star Wars Battlefront II' Takes 4,528 Hours or $2,100

https://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/new ... ii-w511845

This fellow posted a video just over a week ago claiming how he spent $100 dollars and 800 hours and he's just only unlocked a 1/4 of the content!! It will take the average person 2 years just to reach 800 hours played. That is just ridiculous!!

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discu ... t-unlocked
[OP]
Nov 27, 2003
789 posts
224 upvotes
Bryson wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 12:32 pm
Unlocking All Current Content in 'Star Wars Battlefront II' Takes 4,528 Hours or $2,100

https://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/new ... ii-w511845

This fellow posted a video just over a week ago claiming how he spent $100 dollars and 800 hours and he's just only unlocked a 1/4 of the content!! It will take the average person 2 years just to reach 800 hours played. That is just ridiculous!!
Just watched the first 4mins, will watch the rest... good post!

Yeah, I'm just focusing on one Trooper type (Officer), and it seems like pretty slow going. I have unlocked most of the heroes, but not a lot of decent Star Cards for them. I think this will probably frustrate me in the long term.

But, for the short term, after a weekend of pretty steady play, I would say it's $30 well spent, for the only Star Wars option out there right now.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6252 posts
2039 upvotes
Canada
I have all the characters unlocked and I've spent maybe 20 hours on the game.

The rest of the upgrades/weapon tweaks you grind for are just like most FPS games.

"Fake hate"
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1298 posts
381 upvotes
TBD
I thought the campaign was great. Granted anything would've been better than BF1 but I actually enjoyed the campaign on this one.
[OP]
Nov 27, 2003
789 posts
224 upvotes
raspeed wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 7:46 pm

The rest of the upgrades/weapon tweaks you grind for are just like most FPS games.

"Fake hate"
The weapons grind definitely seem more grindy than COD. The amount of time it takes to get new weapons and mods, in my view, is unreasonably long.

I decided to go the officer route, and to snag the arguably OP Blurrg (with Reduced Recoil, and Extra burst) and it was painful getting those kills... so many assists, with nothing to show for it. It got better when I switched off of turret (which was stealing a lot of my kills from the weapon), but still a slog.

And the kicker is, after spending a weekend of getting the weapon load out that I want, is that it may be nerfed / rebalanced, etc. (for all I know it may already have been). If this happens, you will not get any compensation for a weapon that you may no longer want to use. Hours wasted.

But re-balancing is a necessary thing. So maybe make the task of unlocking these things easier / quicker. I would suggest either reducing the number of kills required, or include kill assists as part of the grind. Let more people access the weapons that they want to use and have fun.

All that said, still worth $30. :)
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1093 posts
285 upvotes
raspeed wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 7:46 pm

"Fake hate"
LOL! Characters originally cost 60K credits to unlock. It was this "Fake hate" that got EA to reduce the price down to 15K so those 20 hours to unlock your poor little Vader would have taken you 80 hours! Also unlocking the characters is NOT the hard part. It's the thousands of hours of grinding it's going to take you to unlock and upgrade all the weapons because you're going to get your ass handed to you by people with Purple star cards! Ain't nobody got time for that! Good luck and have fun!

Back in my day *grampa voice* we'd hope onto a server of Quake or Unreal Tournament and the deciding factor was each players skill, not the thousands of hours he no lifed into the game or because he used daddy's credit card!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6252 posts
2039 upvotes
Canada
I got tired of Quake and all those old FPS because there was nothing to work for. It's like complaining that Monster Hunter World doesn't give you ever armor set and weapon out of the box.

Are you going to rip in to Rare? Cause they are doing the same with Sea of Thieves.

But hey, keep playing the angry neckbeard card and calling out kiddies with daddies credit card because someone doesn't agree with you.

"Fake hate"
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6252 posts
2039 upvotes
Canada
... and yes, your whining resulted in Vader being cheap. So cheap, it was hardly worth locking him because you had him unlocked after playing a few rounds. It was almost pointless. "LOL"
Bryson wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 11:24 am
Back in my day *grampa voice* we'd hope onto a server of Quake or Unreal Tournament and the deciding factor was each players skill, not the thousands of hours he no lifed into the game or because he used daddy's credit card!
No, they just installed aimbots and lag switches.
Last edited by raspeed on Feb 14th, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 20, 2009
6529 posts
1192 upvotes
Grimsby
I got tired of Quake and all those old FPS because there was nothing to work for.
I think its just different perspectives. I work all day, gaming is a hobby to me. I don't want to "work" in my games, I want to have fun. Some people find it fun to grind for things and others don't. To me grinding for the sake of it is just busywork and I don't get any fulfillment out of it. Maybe you do and I'm not judging that perspective, fun and value are subjective after all.

I'm not a fan of Sea of Thieves adding cosmetics 3 months after the fact (to escape those pesky reviewers) but at least they are truly optional and do not impact gameplay.