Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Battlefront II for Xbox One and PS4 -- $53.99

Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
4111 posts
861 upvotes
Mississauga
sickcityxiii wrote: People who think people are losers for talking bad about this game aren't understanding.

This has nothing to do with "Star Wars Battlefront II" being a good game or not (I'm sure it's pretty good and it does look great)......it's about not supporting shitty business practices by EA in hopes that other developers take notice and don't try to make it the norm among all games. If you aren't really much of a gamer, that might be hard to understand, but it really does mean a lot for people who enjoy the medium.

I suck at shooters even with players who don't have star card bonus's its 100% irrelevent to me as i don't pay a dime more then the cost of the game and never "getgud" but if its a good game must suck for the guys who spent years programming it to not hear the merits of its fun factor and cool factor outside of this one area that impacts a % of folks but not all

Think of all the worst parts of mobile games coming to full priced $80 AAA games.....This is what we do not want.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1334 posts
978 upvotes
Ottawa
charliegee wrote: I agree to a point, but CS:GO and Rocket League are for competitive gamers/streamers. This game is for casuals, you die a lot and start again in like 5 seconds. Comparing those games is not apples to apples.

One of the things I don't think people are realizing or acknowledging is that there are only a small percentage of people who actually buy these crates. As someone who said at the start of this thread, 99% (figuratively) of people won't be affected, you'll be playing on the same level playing field as others...

Except, there are lots of people, kids and people without busy careers and family who have a currency in abundance that another section of the casuals do not...time.
If you invest that time into a progression system that has unlocks, like most games do, you have "paid to win" in a sense and have not only experience as an advantage but all the unlocks that make you more powerful.

Now I think the solution to this might have been to come up with a better progression method and Dice messed it up I think we can all agree. However I don't just follow the simple narrative it was greed, I think it was also to provide options to the people who don't have time but do have spare money and want to keep up with playing a game in a series they know and love.

One thing Dice did do which is left out of the conversation in this crusade to stop other people buying it is that they not only put credits in as currency but also crafting parts. It's true it would take you along time to get what you want out of the crates with credits as the earn rate is low and it is RNG (like destiny). But the crafting part allows you to choose exactly what you want to unlock and to upgrade, so you have a shortcut path ontop of the random path.

Also you have to remember, Dice has said all DLC in future which includes maps, new single player content, balance updates etc. is "free". There is no season pass this time or map packs, which is good because it means every person that buys the game will be able to play with everyone else. If you look at Battlefield, selling DLC map packs was bad as the players get split and the servers aren't populated as well as they could be (they had to introduce premium friends to get round this).

Those updates probably have to be paid for from somewhere, so why not allow the very small percentage of people who would buy the crates the option to do it and so also give the ability for people who don't have time to keep up? This allows the majority to enjoy DLC and updates without paying a dime, so it seems win-win really.
To me, that is a better option than the Destiny method like Curse of Osiris update where you have to pay $20 every 3 months or you can't play the full game you paid for.
I'm upvoting this on sheer volume alone. Some good points made too. :)
Aug 27, 2011
724 posts
2692 upvotes
FYI, for those interested, I picked up a copy of the game at Costco today for $39.99 + tax. This is the cheapest I have seen. The game itself is decent, just the micro-transaction turns people off, which I don't disagree.