Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco: Bestar Tremblant Workstation Computer Desk With Hutch $299.99 Deal !

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2011 12:02 am
Jun 13, 2008
462 posts
121 upvotes

[Costco] Costco: Bestar Tremblant Workstation Computer Desk With Hutch $299.99 Deal !

I just picked up this desk at my local costco (Burlington) for $299.99 after $100 OFF

Offer is Valid through: Feb, 1 to Feb 7, 2010

Great deal for this desk....I am still working on assembling it ....too excited to post it here for other RFDers

It went on sale around same time last year as well so for those that missed it...Don't miss it this time :)

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.asp ... 93&topnav=

The Tremblant workstation offers a sophisticated elegance. This modular design offers functional beauty as the desk can be attached to the corner workstation or can be used on its own allowing you to create a configuration that best suits your needs. The hutch design offers a rich traditional flair along with plenty of open and closed storage.

Features:

Colour: Brown
Reversible design allows for left or right set up
Work surface with 2.5 mm (0.09 in.) shock resistant PVC edge detail
Scratch-, stain- and water‑resistant workstation and accessories
Pedestal with 1 door, 1 utility drawer and 1 file drawer on ball-bearing slides
Keyboard shelf on ball-bearing glides
Hutch with closed and open storage
Open storage with 2 adjustable shelves
Assembly required
Specifications:

Dimensions (L x W x H):
236 cm x 165.1 cm x 172.2 cm
(93 in. x 65 in. x 67.8 in.)
Weight: 167.3 kg (368 lb.) - Heavy, So I recommend you take someone strong with you for help
"The Real RFD'ers would avoid sweating in order to retain moisture in the body so they do not need to purchase water."
40 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1373 upvotes
Kanata
Typing this reply from my own Tremblant workstation. Amazingly good price on this set. Keep in mind that the two boxes weight approx. 340 lbs so take care when trying to get it home - get the young lads in the parking lot to load it for you :!:

After buying this, I almost laugh when I see the over-priced wobblies at Staples, etc. If you have the space and need a workstation, run to your nearest Costco :twisted:
Oct 28, 2009
23 posts
1 upvote
I helped my dad unload one of these yesterday. Ridiculously heavy.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2526 posts
59 upvotes
I wish I still need a desk because I've wanted this for years! Amazing price for what you're getting.
Feb 24, 2009
338 posts
95 upvotes
How big are the boxes? I want to know if it will fit in my civic.
Jul 14, 2003
76 posts
1 upvote
Yes, just so heavy to take home. (curbside delivery is like $170 by costco though). had to unpack in my suv in the garage and took home pieces by pieces (NOT box by box).
paying less than a buck per pound for this workstation.
Murphy Rules state that - if things go well as you'd like, you are obviously overlooking something serious.
Jul 14, 2003
76 posts
1 upvote
ronifel wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2010 10:43 am
a little short of six feet long
Murphy Rules state that - if things go well as you'd like, you are obviously overlooking something serious.
Mar 27, 2006
818 posts
107 upvotes
I assume this is a laminate coated fiber-board desk?

How sharp are the edges? I have an older laminate desk that has very sharp edges that are hard on the leather arms of my chair.
[OP]
Jun 13, 2008
462 posts
121 upvotes
ronifel; wrote:How big are the boxes? I want to know if it will fit in my civic.
Won't fit in civic...I took a relatives Infiniti QX56 to pick this up....
I think it will fit in any SUV like explorer or similar size...car won't do the job.
"The Real RFD'ers would avoid sweating in order to retain moisture in the body so they do not need to purchase water."
Jul 14, 2009
21 posts
From what I've read, it won't fit in my lil' non-SUV Focus :lol:
I was wondering though, it fit in a car with the back seats folded down? Or are these boxes just as wide as they are long?
Mar 24, 2006
627 posts
17 upvotes
bought one last time, fit well in the compact suv. the desk is not made from solid wood. the customer service of manufacturer is also good. desk is heavy, but should not be too challenging to carry by one adult (i just load one end first, then push the whole thing in)
Jul 16, 2006
375 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
+1 for a great desk. Picked one up last year for this price.

It's fully reversible. Mine is set up exactly opposite to the pic in the first post.

....and yes, it's heavy. carrying it up a flight of curved stairs was not fun.
Dec 11, 2003
399 posts
31 upvotes
As it is available online, why not buy in online which would usualy include delivery? :confused:

P.S. Never mind, the shipping and handling cost is $176.
Nov 23, 2004
146 posts
8 upvotes
Whitby
ronifel wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2010 10:43 am
I picked one up last night (and when I say picked up, I mean barely)...these boxes are heavy!

It just fix into our Ford Escape with the back seats folded down and the front seats moved forward.

With the boxes being so heavy it is very hard to maneuver them around.

I unloaded them into the garage and then opened the boxes and took it piece by piece into the house.

Although it is particle board the finish seems nice and main edges seem to be finished. It's going to take a while to put together.

From what I can tell, this seems like an awesome price.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2004
1474 posts
116 upvotes
Edmonton
any pics of this already set up at home?
× < >