Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco - Blendtec Total Blender $449.99 & Vitamix Total Nutrition Centre ($499.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2013 11:06 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 28, 2002
5844 posts
206 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Costco - Blendtec Total Blender $449.99 & Vitamix Total Nutrition Centre ($499.99)

Costco.ca

http://www.costco.ca/.product.338788.ht ... ngItemName
http://www.costco.ca/.product.10395861. ... loedViewCP
Blendtec® Total Blender $449.99Delivered

Vitamix Total Nutrition Centre $499.99 & $449.99 Delivered

This is as good a time as any to buy whichever you may fancy.......
411 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 6, 2005
9116 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
I really want a good blender that does a reliable, complete job every time...

On average, I probably make a smoothie every other day at best. Would a high end blender like these be overkill?
Follow me on Instagram and 500px
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3328 posts
148 upvotes
Georgetown
The warranty on a Vitamix is 7 years... and it likely will last a lot longer than that (the last blender you will ever need to buy?). It also will do the best job of any blender you could possibly have... so.... consider it an investment if you use a blender frequently.

Blending ice and other such things will kill regular consumer blenders.
Apr 23, 2011
674 posts
77 upvotes
Brighton
I own the Vitamix. It is overkill, but it will blend anything you want no problem.
This is a signature. It is boring, yes, but you are reading it.

Long Live Buttons!
Deal Fanatic
May 6, 2005
9116 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
Suede wrote:
Nov 20th, 2012 5:13 pm
I own the Vitamix. It is overkill, but it will blend anything you want no problem.
It's it louder or quieter than your typical household blender?
Follow me on Instagram and 500px
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2004
1040 posts
124 upvotes
Kanata
The Blendtec also has a 7 year warranty. I'd say they're both louder than your typical blender, but they finish the job MUCH quicker, and therefore you won't have that noise for anywhere near as long. I did a TON of research on both brands before deciding on the Blendtec.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
1813 posts
30 upvotes
Does the vitamix go on sale? The links look like regular price to me.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4910 posts
753 upvotes
Vitamix 1230 owner here. I pieced together my complete station from separate authentic components I bought on Kijiji, eBay, and an authorized retailer in Mississauga for a little under $300.
Kaitlyn wrote:
Nov 20th, 2012 3:26 pm
On average, I probably make a smoothie every other day at best. Would a high end blender like these be overkill?
If you want to crush ice and have the appliance last an eternity, get one of these premium blenders.

I make fresh and frozen fruit (with protein and nuts) smoothies (sometimes with ice, sometimes without) every single day. Yup, I use my machine as an overpowered smoothie station when it's capable of so much more, like making dough, heating soups, becoming a flour mill, preparing ice cream, etc.
Kaitlyn wrote:
Nov 20th, 2012 5:14 pm
It's it louder or quieter than your typical household blender?
I own(ed) three blenders simultaneously (prior to recently getting rid of one) and it was easily my loudest one. It has that unmistakable jet engine loudness to it, recognizable every time you walk by a Booster Juice and two or three of these babies are spinning at any given time.
Jul 24, 2012
139 posts
10 upvotes
Edmonton
If you don't want to spend the money have a look at the Ninja (Canadian tire carries them). They're a fraction of the price and Consumer Reports rated them just under the Vitamix. I'm sure they won't last as long but if you're not blending as often a Vitamix is overkill. I bought the "middle" Ninja and it works fantastic, I blend frozen fruit and it annihilates it. When mine dies I may step up to a Vitamix but so far it's been great.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4910 posts
753 upvotes
I always hear great things about Ninja blenders and the reviews are pretty impressive given its price point. I own a completely different Ninja product (the 3-in-1 Cooking System), and if I didn't already own a Vitamix, I wouldn't turn down a Ninja blender.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
1652 posts
758 upvotes
Additionally folks, if you want to crush or puree ice, make sure you get a minimum of 500 Watt. The Oster Blender at Costco is 600 Watts. Great reviews.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3328 posts
148 upvotes
Georgetown
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
Nov 20th, 2012 5:31 pm
I always hear great things about Ninja blenders and the reviews are pretty impressive given its price point. I own a completely different Ninja product (the 3-in-1 Cooking System), and if I didn't already own a Vitamix, I wouldn't turn down a Ninja blender.
The Ninja reviews seem to indicate it's blade structure doesn't result in "smooth" smoothies, etc. It leaves things... gritty? If a key use is smoothies, and you want them "smooth"... that would be a key factor.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3328 posts
148 upvotes
Georgetown
Let's just be simple and clear here.... for home use, or non-daily / heavy duty use... $400+ blenders are overkill! However, if you want the "best" blender, don't want to ever have to worry about buying another blender again, and want it to have the best performance - consistently - then get a professional quality blender and enjoy it. Vitamix are what is used in most professional settings (juice bars, Starbucks, etc)... those blenders get used constantly, day after day after day... they are tanks.

You need to decide if you want the luxury blender - with the perks it brings - or if you want to find a good blender that may have some issues and may die with heavy usage, etc.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
1652 posts
758 upvotes
Tiberius agreed with your logic. Most folks do not use them like juicebars, making drinks by the dozens per day. A $50 blender for occasional use is just fine. Hey if you got the Moolah and want the best, then go for whatever tickles your fancy.
× < >