Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco - Blendtec Total Blender $449.99 & Vitamix Total Nutrition Centre ($499.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2013 11:06 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 12, 2012
500 posts
66 upvotes
Richmond Hill
itr452 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2012 12:46 pm
dammit too tempting
with a baby on the way spending way too much money but I always wanted a blendtec or a vitamix
I've got a baby on the way as well, I plan on using my vitamix to turn leftovers into baby food. Healthier for baby and my wallet. It also makes the best hummus I've ever had, so smooth.
Nov 4, 2008
26 posts
3 upvotes
I just got a vitamix and I'm in love. I use a blender 2 to 3 times a day. I make all my food from scratch, so I use it for more than just smoothies. It's way quieter than my juicer, which sounds like a freakin chainsaw.

I have a baby due in April. I think it was worth it if only because it keeps me on the straight and narrow health wise. Oh yeah, but I got mine brand new in the box sealed off kijiji for $280 :D
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4906 posts
750 upvotes
jmcx wrote:
Nov 21st, 2012 3:45 pm
Oh yeah, but I got mine brand new in the box sealed off kijiji for $280 :D
Awesome price! Why did the seller part with it?
Mar 4, 2009
288 posts
46 upvotes
Ottawa
Blendtec all the way!!!! It will destroy a Vitamix, plus, as has been stated, the Vitamix looks like it was made in the early 70s, it's enormous. I got mine last year through Costco.com since they weren't carrying it up here, it's the best! If you're deciding between the two, just watch some of the youtube videos comparing them, the Blendtec is definitely superior (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO7bkHxiQEM - bunch of fools, but pretty good comparison of the blenders).
Dec 27, 2011
204 posts
56 upvotes
HAMILTON
i have a blendtec ICB3 and I will never, ever, look back.

It's amazing, I have a kale shake every morning and add to it a whole blender full of rock solid frozen fruit. It eats them in one cycle (40 seconds) and the finished product is completely liquefied.

You cannot go wrong with a blendtec. FYI the refurb ICB3 is $200 (retail $1500) at vminnovations.com (there's a thread on it somewhere) - they only ship to the US but the shipping is free.

If anyone is interested, here's the recipe:

1-2 stalks Fresh Kale
Costco Frozen Superfruit (Blackberry, Blueberry, Raspberry, Pomegranate)
Costco Fresh Medley (Apricot, Peach, Strawberry, pineapple)
1 Banana
1 Apple
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
r3-4 tbsp vanilla yogourt
1 pinch hemp hearts
top up with a bit of milk

40 seconds later, breakfast is served :)
Jan 21, 2010
196 posts
101 upvotes
Brantford
I got a Vitamix at Costco when they were in Etobicoke. It's awesome. Liquefies everything. No little leftover bits of kale or seeds. You get all of the nutritional value of the food as well as the fibre.
I also got the dry container which I don't believe the Blendtec has. It pushes the contents up as opposed to sucking them into a vortex and it has a hammermill blade, so it handles dry contents much better. I've been using it to make chickpea flour that can be used in all kinds of recipes and is way more healthful than wheat flour. It takes less than a minute to turn 2 cups of chickpeas into flour. You can also make rice flour, oat flour, etc.. It can also be used for nut butters and to knead dough. You can look at it as an investment in your health.
Mar 13, 2011
207 posts
14 upvotes
Heartbreak Ridge
I didn't like the idea of jerking a black phallic plunger into the Vitamix to unjam stuff from their blade, probably more for the women. The Blendtec along with the Wildside jar pretty much destroys everything on it's own. The jar design is so great infact, Vitamix tried to copy it and lost millions in court.

Vitamix is probably a tad sturdier, less electronics. But the Blendtec is far more aesthetically pleasing, shorter profile along with the vortex designed caraffe, made it a no brainer. I don't have to ramp up the speed manually. Just one button and it starts and stops on it's own. Super easy to clean too. Throw some water + soap then hold the pulse button for a few seconds.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2010
1007 posts
34 upvotes
Aurora
GunnyHighway wrote:
Nov 21st, 2012 8:44 pm
I didn't like the idea of jerking a black phallic plunger into the Vitamix to unjam stuff from their blade, probably more for the women. The Blendtec along with the Wildside jar pretty much destroys everything on it's own. The jar design is so great infact, Vitamix tried to copy it and lost millions in court.

Vitamix is probably a tad sturdier, less electronics. But the Blendtec is far more aesthetically pleasing, shorter profile along with the vortex designed caraffe, made it a no brainer. I don't have to ramp up the speed manually. Just one button and it starts and stops on it's own. Super easy to clean too. Throw some water + soap then hold the pulse button for a few seconds.

Here is a YouTube channel which compares the two pretty well I think: http://www.youtube.com/user/blenderdudeTV. Also if you're planning on making peanut butter the Vitamix+plunger seems to work much better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMnOqQFZ ... =plcp&hd=1
Oct 20, 2004
594 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa
The Blendtec has disappeared from the Costco.ca website. It is $30 off on the Costco.com website so maybe it will reappear tomorrow in time for the 3X Aeroplan points.

Edit - It appears that it is out of stock online and so doesn't come up in searches but it is still there if you look at the featured blenders...
Dec 30, 2010
11 posts
3 upvotes
North York
does anyone know is Blendtec online price the same as in-store or cheaper?
Aug 8, 2012
12 posts
KITCHENER
yaldaren wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2012 4:57 pm
The Blendtec has disappeared from the Costco.ca website. It is $30 off on the Costco.com website so maybe it will reappear tomorrow in time for the 3X Aeroplan points.

Edit - It appears that it is out of stock online and so doesn't come up in searches but it is still there if you look at the featured blenders...

Darn it!!! i have been waiting to get one of these. but the price made me hesitate. So i bought a Nutribullet to hold me over for a year or two. It works good, but im not satisfied. All my smothies are thick because i use all frozen fruit. The Nutribullet starts to bog and sound not to healthy.

I was going to return it tommorow and pull the trigger on the blendtec. Now i dont know what to do. I hope they get them in stock ASAP. i have searched every where and this is the best deal going for Canadians. Now if it goes on sale $30 off... even better.
Mar 4, 2009
288 posts
46 upvotes
Ottawa
nunoicx wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2012 5:31 pm
does anyone know is Blendtec online price the same as in-store or cheaper?
Have not seen them for sale in-store.
Dec 4, 2005
876 posts
70 upvotes
murphys wrote:
Nov 21st, 2012 7:29 pm
i have a blendtec ICB3 and I will never, ever, look back.

It's amazing, I have a kale shake every morning and add to it a whole blender full of rock solid frozen fruit. It eats them in one cycle (40 seconds) and the finished product is completely liquefied.

You cannot go wrong with a blendtec. FYI the refurb ICB3 is $200 (retail $1500) at vminnovations.com (there's a thread on it somewhere) - they only ship to the US but the shipping is free.
Anyone else gone this route? I'm strongly considering this versus a new one. Would love to hear about other good Canadian blendtec alternatives to Costco after it left the site, too.
Aug 8, 2012
12 posts
KITCHENER
I wonder if its possible to call Costco and try to get the scoop. maybe they are just out of stock, and will be back in stock. Would be also good to know if thats it, in which case need to look for a plan B.

As for the refurb ICB3, I read on another forum that if you order from their ebay store, they ship to canada for $80. But you are responsible for any broker fees at the border. question is how much will the fees be. Another thing to consider is that the Jug on those are not BPA free. so you most likely will want to buy a new jar. so the real question is all said and done what is the total.

here is the link to 2 ebay listings i have been eye balling:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Blendtec-ICB3-13 ... 51a0bfe54e

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BLENDTEC-ICB3-CO ... 0481365441
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24043 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
Are there any deals on Vitamix parts? I need a replacement dry blade set. (I think they're around $12-$15?) The wet one mostly does the job though.
× < >