Page 2 of 2

Re: Costco - Bridgestone $70 Rebate - Set of 4 Tires

Posted: Sep 4th, 2010 5:09 pm
by txenglan
I'd like to get new tires and new rims. I've been looking around on the Costco website but can't locate a list of rims they may carry. Seems they only have tires. Can anyone confirm this?

Posted: Sep 4th, 2010 5:51 pm
by JaaK
Costco tires offer a great service for it's price. Obviously, it's best to purchase tires when they have their yearly sales... Personally, I prefer Michelins, but to each their own..

In fact, went to Costco this morning and had my tires rotated and re-balanced. I noted to them that I had a small leak from one of my tires and they plugged it up (screw plugged it). Of course, this is part of the lifetime package of your tires for having them installed at Costco. Staff at the tire centres are always friendly..

To have all this.. I personally wouldn't venture down to the states for the minimal savings...

Posted: Sep 9th, 2010 12:03 pm
by nsfour
Was trying to buy online where it shows the Dueler 695A/T are available, but when I go through the whole purchase process, it then told me they are out of stock :(

Posted: Sep 9th, 2010 12:23 pm
by sunnybono
Danno2005 wrote: I think the Alenza is a great 3 season replacement for the RX300. Don't expect strong winter performance - probably one of that tire's weaker points.
The Goodyear Triple tread performs well all 4 seasons. Expect to pay a nice premium for it though.

You're correct in stating the Triple Tread is a great tire at a premium price, however you also need to look at the Michelin LTX MS2. I just picked up a set of 4.

sk

Posted: Sep 9th, 2010 12:29 pm
by TripleHelix
I will be waiting on the michelin sale and possibly get some XIce2's from costco if the price is right...

Posted: Sep 13th, 2010 3:03 am
by kckwok
If they dont have michelin tires for a Toyota Rav4 2008 base VE6 model but only bridgestone, does that mean they won't have it during the michelin sale as well or do you guys think that there will be more michelin tires to choose from? Thx.

Posted: Oct 3rd, 2010 10:48 am
by ancnfamily
kckwok wrote: If they dont have michelin tires for a Toyota Rav4 2008 base VE6 model but only bridgestone, does that mean they won't have it during the michelin sale as well or do you guys think that there will be more michelin tires to choose from? Thx.
If you go to your local Costco store, they can always order tires for you..

Posted: Oct 4th, 2010 1:13 am
by doberman_baby
dirtmover wrote: Agreed, we did a detailed comparison of three options:

- buy in Canada
- buy in the US and have them delivered to Canada
- buy in the US and have them delivered to a US address and drive down to pick them up

Most people get fooled by the sticker price difference but the reality is that, after you take all additional expenses into account, the final price difference is minimal over what you can get here and when you take into account the additional hassle and potential warranty issues it's just not worth it in most cases. The notable exception is high end and expensive tires which you can make a bit of a saving on but still nowhere near 50%.
The 3 options right on target! I was researching some snowies in 265 70 17 (Bridgestone) ... tirerack about US700 delivered to WA state. I then drive down (only 1/2 hr away) ... declare at the border and pay the duties & taxes. Would come to about 800-900 CDN already. Then, the issue of warrantly. Finally, last week, bought at Costco, the Bridgestone DMV1 ... with rebate, taxes, balancing $944. As one can see, the difference is at max $100 between CDN and US prices, in my case.

BTW, the Michelin deal is coming October 4th.

Posted: Oct 25th, 2010 10:02 am
by warpdryv
check out tires23.com

they've been cheaper than tirerack canada or us delivery for me.

i just called costco and when i finally got hold of someone he was extremely helpful and his price worked out to the exact same as tires23.