• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2010 10:24 am
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
4039 posts
139 upvotes
Peterborough

[Costco] Costco - Bridgestone Tires - $70 off a set of 4 tires

Costco has a $70 rebate on Bridgestone tires if you buy 4. Installation is extra at $15 per tire.

http://tires2.costco.ca/

PSN ID: SaabFanatic
39 replies
Jul 21, 2008
96 posts
10 upvotes
BC
Shop around at the local dealers; I was able to get my Michelin Hydro Edge tires for almost $100 less after installation than Costco, who had an $80 rebate on a set at the time.

BTW, Hydro Edge = fantastic if you live in southwest BC ...
Jan 27, 2007
167 posts
23 upvotes
Edmonton
again?? they just had this deal in october...do they have it every other month??
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
5888 posts
332 upvotes
Waterloo
there is a guy that does not charge more he install and balancing for free im gonna pick up some all season for around 350.00 4 tires i do not no about winters?

http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Ontario/C ... 96dfd0b86f

I found his prices are quite cheap its in cambridge but is only 1 hour away from toronto!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
4039 posts
139 upvotes
Peterborough
kckwok wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2010 3:22 am
again?? they just had this deal in october...do they have it every other month??

Yes, they did have it in October. I thought they would have the Michelin on sale but I guess not.
PSN ID: SaabFanatic
Feb 5, 2007
460 posts
43 upvotes
Michelin rebate just ended at Costco and Bridgestone just started. Always worth shopping around but make sure you consider the value add at Costco. Lifetime rotations, road hazard etc. Nice thing about Costco is you can shop online for tires to compare when you are shopping around.
Ordered my Bridgestones last night.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1097 posts
226 upvotes
London
Tha_Doggg wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2010 9:01 am
I thought they would have the Michelin on sale but I guess not.
They did. It ended Saturday
It was also $70 off.
It wasn't limited to Costco. It was offered by Michelin.
Oct 6, 2007
43 posts
Mississauga
DealRacer wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2010 9:12 am
Michelin rebate just ended at Costco and Bridgestone just started. Always worth shopping around but make sure you consider the value add at Costco. Lifetime rotations, road hazard etc. Nice thing about Costco is you can shop online for tires to compare when you are shopping around.

Do you know if the installation includes balancing?

If so all you pay is the Tire + installation charge + taxes + eco fee?
Jan 11, 2007
158 posts
15 upvotes
Montreal
DealRacer wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2010 9:12 am
I had an almost shouting match with the clerk (not a mechanic) at Costco who wanted to charge $6 per tire to install my winter tires.
He finally relented and said I did not have to pay because my tires were bought before 1997 and were already mounted on rims.
Quebec made winter tires mandatory in winter. Tires bought before 1997 are exempt from the charge was his reason.
So beware of the free installation and rotation.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2009
1100 posts
75 upvotes
I personally only had experiences with Perilli and Michelin which are both excellent. However, from my friend who uses Bridgestone; he says they suck and are just a waste of money.
Jun 29, 2008
835 posts
26 upvotes
Dorianking wrote:
Dec 5th, 2010 5:59 pm
I personally only had experiences with Perilli and Michelin which are both excellent. However, from my friend who uses Bridgestone; he says they suck and are just a waste of money.

hmm, I was going for Bridgestone but I guess not after hearing this. Would you happen to know the model # or name for the tires?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5669 posts
161 upvotes
GTA
n00bxqb wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2010 2:43 am
Shop around at the local dealers; I was able to get my Michelin Hydro Edge tires for almost $100 less after installation than Costco, who had an $80 rebate on a set at the time.

BTW, Hydro Edge = fantastic if you live in southwest BC ...

Great Tire!
Jan 2, 2007
306 posts
3 upvotes
Dorianking wrote:
Dec 5th, 2010 5:59 pm

You can't stereotype an entire brand of tire based upon 1 person's experience. Every brand makes a crappy tire -- it all depends what you are looking for. Bridgestones are used on Formula-1 cars ... on the GT-R ... on all sorts of high performance vehicles. But to keep things available for everyone, the company makes budget tires that aren't worth the rubber in which they are formed.

I have first-hand experience with Pirelli and Michelin ... I really don't like Pirellis in general (even though Ferrari uses them). Michelin I like but some models, like the MXM4 model are way overpriced for what they are. The Pilot Sport A/S or Pilot Sport A/S Plus ... great tires from what colleagues have told me.

Use places like Tire Rack to find out what real life people think of the tire ...

---

Going back on-topic ... I got priced a set of 205/65/15 Potenza Pole Position 960A/S for C$495 at an Ontario Costco store. The same tires in the US ... US$385. (Both have the $70 rebate included since Costco USA is offering the same deal.) And the beauty of installing at the US Costco shop ... everything is transferrable ... so you can do rotations / tire repair ... all honoured at the Canadian Costco shops!
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2001
1185 posts
28 upvotes
Burnaby
hola2005 wrote:
Dec 9th, 2010 6:35 pm
hmm, I was going for Bridgestone but I guess not after hearing this. Would you happen to know the model # or name for the tires?

After hearing the experiences of a single "Friend of a random-person-on-the-internet"? You gotta be kidding me.

I'm also considering these tires. Need something for the winter...

hades
× < >