• Jan 10th, 2007 11:21 am
Tags:
None
Apr 10, 2006
254 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver

Costco business membership worth it?

What do you all think? Do you get alot of good deals there? I've barely even been in one so I'm not sure what they offer :) Thanks!
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
6686 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
2% back on all your purchases...but you have to shop there obviously.

I have to keep the membership active for credit card processing through Costco NOVA.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2005
4799 posts
414 upvotes
Drew_W wrote:
Dec 8th, 2006 12:17 am
2% back on all your purchases...but you have to shop there obviously.

I have to keep the membership active for credit card processing through Costco NOVA.
You can also sign up for the normal business membership which is like Gold Star.

Basically a business membership allows you to purchase stuff for you, your business and for resale. A normal gold star membership does not allow you to resell products (though how they would differentiate is a different story).
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
3118 posts
3 upvotes
I'm gone RFD! Staple…
Great home phone and internet services too for exec members, plus you get a spousal card for free, as the son of the member I was able to get an exec membership as well for less than half the price.
TRANCE/HOUSE Fan?

D J H A R O U N . C O M
Jan 9, 2007
2 posts
A costco membership is absolutely worth it if you have a car and live close to a Costco store. It is especially handy for party planning and get together events when you are not sure what to bring (or don't have time to make something). Most things are much cheaper at Costco and they have some items I haven't seen outside of Costco. If you do not have a big family to share all the goods with, you can always split the bulk items and it will still save you $.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14317 posts
91 upvotes
Mississauga
tkyoshi wrote:
Dec 9th, 2006 3:53 am
You can also sign up for the normal business membership which is like Gold Star.

Basically a business membership allows you to purchase stuff for you, your business and for resale. A normal gold star membership does not allow you to resell products (though how they would differentiate is a different story).
When you show up to the cash register with 30 cases of pop and water, I think they know you're reselling. :lol:
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
× < >