Hot Deals

[Costco.ca] Arcan 3 ton Aluminum/Steel Floor Jack $139.99 shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2017 12:07 pm
Dec 9, 2008
168 posts
26 upvotes
Mississauga
I got mine yesterday. Need to find some good jack stands. I bought Torin Big Red Steel Jack Stands through Amazon. The max height is 16 3/4 inch. I don't know it feet my Honda Odyssey 2009. I would like to get a big one.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1219 posts
551 upvotes
barqy wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 1:49 pm
Did you find that the husky jack suddenly drops the car when you try to bring it back down?
Any hydraulic jack will do this. You just have to be more firm and slower when releasing.
Aug 24, 2003
803 posts
77 upvotes
gvrd
Chewfam wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 3:10 pm
Any hydraulic jack will do this. You just have to be more firm and slower when releasing.
Right. The problem with the husky jack was that it took a TON of force to release the lowering mechanism . So much that you would twist too much causing the vehicle to drop 2-3" all of a sudden.

Apparently the arcan one has a much smoother release mechanism which is I i sold my husky
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
5542 posts
461 upvotes
GT-EH
Anyone know any good stands for sale? Double safety pin if possible?
Jan 4, 2007
26 posts
GVRD
No, jack worked flawlessly last week. Make sure you follow instructions on how to bleed any trap air bubbles in cylinder!
BC, Canada
Apr 15, 2012
118 posts
91 upvotes
barqy wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 1:49 pm
Did you find that the husky jack suddenly drops the car when you try to bring it back down?
The first time I jacked up my car with the husky jack I turned the handle too quickly and car dropped a bit fast. Now I know to turn the handle VERY slowly so car doesn't plummet. I didn't find the handle to be stiff or anything to turn. There's a ton of grease in the gears. It's a solid jack and seems sturdy when I changed my tires yesterday. The jack stands are good too. Not wobbly or anything
Nov 17, 2015
25 posts
13 upvotes
I was just at Costco Courtenay (BC) and they had this one in stock so I picked it up.

Not hybrid but I'm not worried about the weight. The rest of the specs are very similar.

Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
4815 posts
1259 upvotes
Space
I wish these had holes for those safety bars. Kind of like a jack + stand 2-1.