Expired Hot Deals

[Costco.ca] Celebrate Canada's 150th with Crystal Whisky Deluxe Glass Set of 6, $34.99 with free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2017 1:10 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7239 posts
1432 upvotes
Edmonton

Celebrate Canada's 150th with Crystal Whisky Deluxe Glass Set of 6, $34.99 with free shipping

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Costco.ca
Edited: I changed up the subject line to highlight the best deal available: Costco will not have a YMMV attached to it for a probable error. At Costco.ca the 6 pack is $34.99 and free shipping is included. If you paid $5 each glass ( if pretending same price as Walmart in the probable description error of 4 for $20 as mentioned below) then the 6 pack for $34.99 at Costco.ca will cost only $4.99 more than what would be $30 if $5 per glass - but then you get them shipped for free.

Further edited: Thanks to shorfd, who noted that the SKU is different on both the regular 4 pack and the deluxe 4 pack, which is likely an indication of an error in the description. This means that if you order the $19.99 package it is possible you may end up with a 2 pack and would need to take it up with Walmart.ca to see if they can accommodate you. Check out the Costco.ca links below, too, if you want - the 6 pack for $34.99 and free shipping is pretty reasonable! Here's how I'm looking at it: If you paid $5 each glass (same price as Walmart in the probable error 4 for $20) the 6 pack for $34.99 at Costco.ca does cost $4.99 more than what would be $30 if $5 per glass but then you get them shipped for free.

Edited: Some of the glassware has a darker black or gold looking maple leaf and some show up as a red maple leaf. The descriptions on Walmart.ca are lacking in terms of what they are comprised of - Costco website states lead-free crystal for both versions that they sell and Walmart doesn't mention it at all. Some sets are mentioned as being deluxe, on both Walmart and Costco. Looks like the red maple leaf is the deluxe (and maybe crystal) version? If anyone knows, feel free to chime in!
1.jpg

Walmart.ca sells these glasses in a set of 4, for $19.99, which is $5.00 each. Costco is selling what looks to be the same set of 4 for $29.99 or a 6 pack for $34.99 so the ones Walmart is selling for $19.99 are a better deal! (Depending on factoring pick up/shipping etc. at Walmart.ca, and they are not available in-store @ Walmart.) The design of the maple leaf is gorgeous, being simply stated. I like the clean lines of the glass, too. Over time, some of our best drinking glasses go missing or break so I'm adding these to my cart. These will be great to use on Canada Day! Each holds 290 mls, or 8.9 ounces, room for plenty of ice. Walmart doesn't appear to state that these are crystal glasses but the Costco description mentions they are crystal and they do look identical from what I can see from the images on the Costco.ca website.

Oddly enough - there is also a link for a 4 pack of the same glasses also at Walmart but they show up as $34.99 but are described as being 'deluxe', despite looking the same. The above $19.99 for 4 price could be a price error, considering what Costco's Hot Buy Price was and of course depending on what the glasses are made of and - I'm wondering if the first link of $19.99 for 4 glasses at Walmart isn't going to end up being a 2-pack after all!? (Even though it states 4 pack.) Screen shot the image/item description stating 4 pack, etc. when you place your orders, then!
2.jpg
From the Walmart.ca website description:
Celebrate your nationalism with these uniquely designed Canadian-themed scotch glasses. Highlighting the country’s 150 years of rich history, these glasses will be a significantly memorable addition to your barware collection.
Last edited by jory29 on May 19th, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 14 times in total.
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5625 posts
755 upvotes
Mississauga
jory29 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 7:52 pm
1.jpg

Walmart.ca sells these glasses in a set of 4, for $19.99, which is $5.00 each. Costco is selling what looks to be the same set of 4 for $29.99 or a 6 pack for $34.99 so these are a better deal! (Depending on factoring pick up/shipping etc. at Walmart.ca, and they are not available in-store @ Walmart.) The design of the maple leaf is gorgeous, being simply stated. I like the clean lines of the glass, too. Over time, some of our best drinking glasses go missing or break so I'm adding these to my cart. These will be great to use on Canada Day! Each holds 290 mls, or 8.9 ounces, room for plenty of ice. Walmart doesn't appear to state that these are crystal glasses but the Costco description mentions they are crystal and they do look identical from what I can see from the images on the Costco.ca website.

Oddly enough - there is also a link for a 4 pack of the same glasses also at Walmart but they show up as $34.99 and they are described as being 'deluxe.'. The above $19.99 for 4 price could be a price error, considering what Costco's Hot Buy Price was and of course depending on what the glasses are made of and - I'm wondering if the first link of $19.99 for 4 glasses at Walmart isn't going to end up being a 2-pack after all!? Even though it states 4 pack. Screen shot the image/item description stating 4 pack, etc. when you place your orders, then!

2.jpg

From the Walmart.ca website description:
Celebrate your nationalism with these uniquely designed Canadian-themed scotch glasses. Highlighting the country’s 150 years of rich history, these glasses will be a significantly memorable addition to your barware collection.
Thanks op very nice set.
Feb 18, 2014
210 posts
137 upvotes
jory29 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 7:52 pm
Oddly enough - there is also a link for a 4 pack of the same glasses also at Walmart but they show up as $34.99 but are described as being 'deluxe', despite looking the same. The above $19.99 for 4 price could be a price error, considering what Costco's Hot Buy Price was and of course depending on what the glasses are made of and - I'm wondering if the first link of $19.99 for 4 glasses at Walmart isn't going to end up being a 2-pack after all!? (Even though it states 4 pack.) Screen shot the image/item description stating 4 pack, etc. when you place your orders, then!
Nice looking glasses... FYI, the 2nd image for the $19.99 sku shows the packaging saying a set of 2 so it's likely a description error. No idea what Walmart's policy is on situations like this.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7239 posts
1432 upvotes
Edmonton
shorfd wrote:
May 19th, 2017 8:42 pm
Nice looking glasses... FYI, the 2nd image for the $19.99 sku shows the packaging saying a set of 2 so it's likely a description error. No idea what Walmart's policy is on situations like this.
Great catch and explanation, thanks! The SKU is indeed different on both packs (the 4 pack and the deluxe 4 pack description) so at this point I am inclined to say it is likely a description error and one could end up with just a 2 pack for $19.99. I had hoped not as the Costco website also shows that they are in a 2-pack, so I thought maybe they are just packaged as sets of 2 x 2. Thanks for noticing the SKU and I'll update the OP!

Edited: This probably the best case scenario: At Costco.ca the 6 pack is $34.99 and free shipping is included. If you paid $5 each glass ( if pretending same price as Walmart in the probable description error of 4 for $20) then the 6 pack for $34.99 at Costco.ca does cost $4.99 more than what would be $30 if $5 per glass - but then you get them shipped for free.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7239 posts
1432 upvotes
Edmonton
RubberCheese wrote:
May 20th, 2017 12:46 am
FYI - if you are just looking for just a pair, Amazon has them for $12 (black) or $18 (red/deluxe) glasses... slightly more expensive but if you only want two...

https://www.amazon.ca/Steiner-Alexander ... _i=desktop
Nice find! Thanks for posting. We actually don't have room for the 6-pack right now, but I am determined to get rid of the old ugly coffee mugs sitting in the kitchen cupboards.

Edited: Even though it states those won't ship for 1 - 2 mos., in my experience, usually Amazon.ca ships earlier... UNLESS you are waiting for the white plastic garbage bins that took forever to come in but were sooooo worth it!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)