264 upvotes
Winnipeg

Costco.ca: Dell S2718D Ultra Thin Monitor $569.99

Deal Link:
Price:
$569.99
Retailer:
Costco.ca
This monitor is listed at $849 on Dell's website and is on sale at Best Buy for $699.99 but Costco has it on for $569.99 and with their 90 day return policy I figured I would give it a try. Anyone have this monitor? I ordered today so a couple of weeks to get.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
1147 posts
97 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
seems strange

60hz and the base footprint is huge so it largely defeats the purpose of the thinness, plus it's non-VESA and non-height adjustable

for $560 i think you can get better specs
[OP]
Dec 21, 2012
368 posts
264 upvotes
Winnipeg
60hz is the only problem although I don't do a lot of gaming. I also like the fact that the controls are in the base and there's a usb 3.0 hub in the base so I can connect a game controller directly to the monitor. The only other problem is the power supply is external, which may be good if it dies, at least it can be replaced without tossing the monitor, but it does take up more room behind the desk. I have an older TN panel now so I'm looking forward to see what the difference is.
Jul 5, 2013
260 posts
104 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Was about to buy this last month because I wanted a usb c input so I can hook up my macbook to the monitor with a single cable for everything (vid/ audio and changes mac) usb c to usb c. That's the big advantage with this monitor.and that its 1440p 60hz. I have the 12iinch macbook and 4k at 60hz is a no go and 4k and 30hz is no fun so dropped to 1440p to achieve 60hz. Clean macbook desktop set up. Got the wireless mac keyboard and trackpad (or mouse) good to go. I wouldn't get this for gaming. Lots of better gsync and freesync with higher refresh rates out there now for less.
Sep 16, 2013
776 posts
426 upvotes
SW ON
B&H has this monitor now in their Deal Zone for USD $319.95 until midnight. Free shipping to Canada. You can prepay taxes (USD $42.59 to Ontario, no duties) and get it at the door without worrying about additional charges. I ordered many things from B&H and it's very convenient. Link: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... _wled.html

As a side note I don't understand the value of this monitor. It's a regular WQHD IPS panel, not even true 8bit. And with a weird base as others noted.
Jan 13, 2013
60 posts
40 upvotes
AURORA
not VESA mountable nowadays for any monitor is PURE EVIL.