Expired Hot Deals

[Costco.ca] Digiwave HDTV Antennas on sale (+Free Shipping)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2017 12:34 pm
[OP]
Apr 16, 2004
706 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Digiwave HDTV Antennas on sale (+Free Shipping)

Deal Link:
Price:
various
Savings:
various
Expiry:
October 8, 2017
Retailer:
Costco.ca
I've edited this from the original post which focused on only a single Digiwave HDTV antenna.

Costco has FOUR different antennas on sale:

Digiwave ANT7289 360 Degree Adjustable Multidirectional Super 8-bay HDTV Antenna = $79.99

Digiwave ANT7286 Ultra Clear Digital Outdoor Antenna = $71.99

Digiwave ANT2081 Outdoor Superior HD TV Digital Antenna = $34.99

Digiwave ANT5009 Digital Indoor / Outdoor TV Antenna with Stand = $47.99

Includes Free Delivery from Costco.ca.
You do not have to be a Costco member to order online.

Price in warehouse may be lower - can anyone confirm this?
Last edited by leovee1 on Sep 25th, 2017 8:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
118 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
6964 posts
1031 upvotes
anyone with personal experience with this antenna in GTA ? I have the leaf antenna in east Toronto, pointed somewhat south west, and I get solid reception for the few local stations, CBC, CBC French, Global, CTV, OMNI, CITYTV, TVO, and a few others that's sometimes iffy. Just wonder if this antenna would be a good upgrade.
Dec 19, 2013
778 posts
357 upvotes
Ottawa
Is there a tool where I can see the coverage of each channel and/or the toweres where they are transmitting from?

I'm from Ottawa, so I don't expect to capture any American channel but I'm curious to know whether such antennas will get me any extra channels comparing to indoor antennas
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
10392 posts
12720 upvotes
Montreal
NoCountry4RFDer wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 8:46 am
Is there a tool where I can see the coverage of each channel and/or the toweres where they are transmitting from?

I'm from Ottawa, so I don't expect to capture any American channel but I'm curious to know whether such antennas will get me any extra channels comparing to indoor antennas
Tvfool.com
[OP]
Apr 16, 2004
706 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto, ON
NoCountry4RFDer wrote:

This doesn't answer your specific question but it's a tool that helps you point your antenna: http://www.xtek.ca/hdtvpointer/
Aug 21, 2011
38 posts
27 upvotes
McMasterville
I've had the ANT7286 for quite some years now. Living in McMasterville, Qc and having half of the antenna pointed towards Montreal and the other one at Plattsburgh, I get all channels you'd normally get from Montreal and almost all coming from Plattsburgh except ABC. FOX is ok most of the time but there are times it will not be stable.

Note that I changed the baluns on my antenna for better ones. I don't use any preamp.
Jun 1, 2017
19 posts
6 upvotes
mic2074 wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 8:13 am
anyone with personal experience with this antenna in GTA ? I have the leaf antenna in east Toronto, pointed somewhat south west, and I get solid reception for the few local stations, CBC, CBC French, Global, CTV, OMNI, CITYTV, TVO, and a few others that's sometimes iffy. Just wonder if this antenna would be a good upgrade.
I would consider the model on the top row in the link below. These are made by Eaglestar and are multi-directional. I am in north Mississauga and I can pull in lots of Buffalo area channels, as well as local one from the CN tower.
I do have it mounted above my roof line facing directly south.
These run about $50, and have had my for 3+ years now.
Plus they are not a ugly as the metal ones

http://www.aa-e.com/display.php?groupID ... oryID=53-6
Oct 7, 2015
151 posts
144 upvotes
Vanier, ON
Dumb question: According to TV fool link above, I could get both analog and digital signal. The antenna will pick up all of them ?
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14091 posts
3103 upvotes
I tried expensive antennas before when The source had them on sale. Could never get more than 2 of the 3 channels in my area at once. Then i read about using 2 antennas at once using a combiner (reverse of a splitter). I found an old rabbit ears style antenna and built another with coat hangers and used a combiner and now get all three channels at the same time inside my house with maximum bars. Sometimes you don't need to wait for sales on more expensive gear...
Aug 9, 2017
150 posts
136 upvotes
NoCountry4RFDer wrote:
I know people living in Ottawa and they get US channels. They use a RCA751 antenna. They also get about 15 HD Canadian channels. They have a house near the airport and the antenna is in the attic.
My goal in life is to get a million downvotes :)
Aug 9, 2017
150 posts
136 upvotes
x8ssJoe wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 10:31 am
Dumb question: According to TV fool link above, I could get both analog and digital signal. The antenna will pick up all of them ?
Depending on the antenna you buy, you should have no problem getting both. Don't expect to get everything tvfool is showing you. With a good antenna, like a clearstream2 or a rca751 you should be able to get the following in HD; cbc, global, cbc in French, two Omni channels, two ctv channels including local one, tvo, tele-qebec, v, tva, yes/religious shared channel, and city tv. You might also get from time to time some 5 to 15 US channels.

You should consider using an amplifier if there is 50' of cable between the antenna and the tv. Install the amplifier as close as possible to the antenna.
Oct 7, 2015
151 posts
144 upvotes
Vanier, ON
Abeesee wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 10:59 am
Depending on the antenna you buy, you should have no problem getting both. Don't expect to get everything tvfool is showing you. With a good antenna, like a clearstream2 or a rca751 you should be able to get the following in HD; cbc, global, cbc in French, two Omni channels, two ctv channels including local one, tvo, tele-qebec, v, tva, yes/religious shared channel, and city tv. You might also get from time to time some 5 to 15 US channels.

You should consider using an amplifier if there is 50' of cable between the antenna and the tv. Install the amplifier as close as possible to the antenna.
Thanks for the info. I am in Ottawa as well, and living on a 15th floor facing south. I also get a shoot for US channels?
Sep 26, 2016
152 posts
180 upvotes
According to tvfool, 1 channel in red, 3 channels in grey... :|

No tv for me.
Oct 13, 2015
909 posts
276 upvotes
Sainte-Dorothee, QC
How many channel it can reach in general? I think it still can not watch the encryption channel.
Aug 9, 2017
150 posts
136 upvotes
x8ssJoe wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 11:07 am
Thanks for the info. I am in Ottawa as well, and living on a 15th floor facing south. I also get a shoot for US channels?
Stay away from the clearstream2 if you hope to get US channels. The clearstream2 is kind of omnidirectional. The rca751 is narrower in its reception but goes further in distance. The people I know who lives near the airport told me that they had tried both and that was the result. I think they bought the antennas from kijiji for something like half price compared to retail. They did their research using Amazon.com in order to find what was the best antennas.

It is impossible to know for sure what you will get as it depends on what is in front of you. But being on 15th floor and assuming there isn't a tall building near by blocking your way, you should reach quite far with an antenna.