Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco.ca

Hisense 65R6107 4K roku smart tv - $999

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2018 9:13 am
Dec 4, 2013
344 posts
520 upvotes
Longueuil
Anyone know if the TV has HDMI-CEC or Anynet+ ?

This means that powering on my Apple TV will also power on the TV (using the HDMI) and turning off the Apple TV will turn off the TV.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
2266 posts
325 upvotes
London
Any chance the 65 version will be on sale either BF or BD?
No external links in signatures.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
hardywang wrote: Any chance the 65 version will be on sale either BF or BD?
Yes.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Has anyone confirmed if kodi can be added from the playstore? Nearly ordered the haier now leaning towards the 55" hisense. New to hdr and 4k, my LG led just bought the farm. Would go for the 65" but think it may be too much for the room it's going in.
Are HDR videos on Netflix included in the regular HD package or do you have to buy the 4K monthly sub?
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3431 posts
1079 upvotes
If you care about HDR you should get the M65-E0. Period. This hisense is not an HDR panel. It may show higher brightness and maybe some dimming but the colour coverage will be substandard.

I would suggest trying to find a friend with an HDR TV to show you what HDR looks like and see if you really care that much about it to spend extra money. The in store displays are BS. Put on an HDR movie or TV show.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3431 posts
1079 upvotes
Or if you don't mind a 55" panel you can go to the US and spend $825 CAD taxes in and get a TCL P607 which is HDR. If you stay over the border for 48 hours it's almost tax free.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3431 posts
1079 upvotes
actarus wrote: @VanceMendoza Did you get a TCL? I want one but I would prefer a 65in, if they ever release one.
No I got a Vizio P65-C1 for $1800. Too good of a deal to pass up and the Costco warranty is unbeatable.

The TCL is easily the best budget HDR TV though. It's crazy how cheap it is. Especially if you plan to spend a weekend in the US anyway.. you end up paying LESS tax than buying in Canada vs getting hammered twice.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Any thoughts on this???
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/sharp-55-4 ... 0197615259

Says HDR compatible, like the 55" hisense. No costco warranty, but I think Walmart has a warranty program too. Wanna jump on it... just not sure, so many different brands, prices, I want nice dark blacks, etc.

Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21222 posts
6989 upvotes
GTA
jackass_ca wrote: Any thoughts on this???
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/sharp-55-4 ... 0197615259

Says HDR compatible, like the 55" hisense. No costco warranty, but I think Walmart has a warranty program too. Wanna jump on it... just not sure, so many different brands, prices, I want nice dark blacks, etc.
For dark blacks you want OLED or a TV with FALD(full array local dimming). That TV can play HDR but the screen probrably doesnt have the necessary brightness, wide gamut and FALD.

Basically for a TV with the minimum requirements for HDR is at least $1000 unfortunately. No TV except for the TCL ones in the US has all those features for under $1000 at 55".
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
coriolis wrote: For dark blacks you want OLED or a TV with FALD(full array local dimming). That TV can play HDR but the screen probrably doesnt have the necessary brightness, wide gamut and FALD.

Basically for a TV with the minimum requirements for HDR is at least $1000 unfortunately. No TV except for the TCL ones in the US has all those features for under $1000 at 55".
OK, but most people are happy with the Hisense one? This seems comparable. BB has their own model as well, similar specs, pricing is now the same, they say originally it was $1000.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sh ... 64032.aspx?

It also has that grey speak of supporting HDR content???
Last edited by jackass_ca on Nov 16th, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21222 posts
6989 upvotes
GTA
jackass_ca wrote: OK, but most people are happy with the Hisense one? This seems comparable. BB has their own model as well, similar specs, pricing is now the same, they say originally it was $1000.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sh ... 64032.aspx?
Ignorance is bliss, if people are upgrading from 720p and 1080p, 4K should always look better. As long as they don't actually see a proper 4K HDR set, then any 4K TV should be an upgrade, assuming they have a 4K source. Though some lower end TVs don't tend to have a good upscaler (costs $$$) so 480p and 720p won't be as sharp.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
coriolis wrote: Ignorance is bliss, if people are upgrading from 720p and 1080p, 4K should always look better. As long as they don't actually see a proper 4K HDR set, then any 4K TV should be an upgrade, assuming they have a 4K source. Though some lower end TVs don't tend to have a good upscaler (costs $$$) so 480p and 720p won't be as sharp.
Not sure what is meant by this? I have seen the difference between 4K and regular LED 1080P tv's, but will I notice a difference between a 4K TV and this set? What is a proper HDR set? How do I know, does it say supports HDR content, or is that just upscaling?

The wording is vague even when googling what it is... stating that UHD can be meant to mean the same thing. Some say they support HDR content (I would take that as processing a signal from a device broadcasting it) and some say compatible, which I think means Upscaling? It's new to me, I just want the best TV for the best value, Not that I have a bunch of HDR devices, PS4 comes to mind for me... that's all.. I am coming from a regular 55" 1080p LED LG... so already I know that either the Hisense or the Sharp's should look much better. The bestbuy Sharp says supports HDR, the Walmart one says HDR Compatible. Both are exclusive so any google results are only for those respective stores

Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21222 posts
6989 upvotes
GTA
jackass_ca wrote: Not sure what is meant by this? I have seen the difference between 4K and regular LED 1080P tv's, but will I notice a difference between a 4K TV and this set? What is a proper HDR set? How do I know, does it say supports HDR content, or is that just upscaling?
Unfortunately, theres a lot of gimmicky terms, different standards and overall, confusing marketing in the industry.

If you haven't already, check out some reviews by Rtings, they have pretty descriptive analysis on TVs and you should be able to pickup terms and areas of importance to you. Everyone will have a different environment for their TV and different use cases. Some TV excel more then others, maybe this will clear up some of the confusion.

HDR is a term used by all TV manufacturers, even on TVs that can't actually utilize it. HDR content is also a small % of all media content. Generally, in order to 'achieve' HDR capabilities, the TV must first be able to play it back via software codec. But that doesn't matter if the TV panel is a low quality panel, which leads to the 2nd part of the HDR requirements. A quality panel that has a high peak brightness (usually 800+ nitts), wide colour gamut (for a wide spectrum of accurate colours) and a high contrast for deep solid blacks. In other words, a quality panel, not a low end panel with grey blacks, muted colours and terrible backlight leakage.

Peak brightness is important for bright scenes and vivid colours. Wide Colour Gamut simply means accurate colours. High contrast is where deep blacks come in, and so far, the best way to achieve this is through an OLED panel, or with Full Array Local Dimming (FALD) where only certain areas of the screen are illuminated. This feature is the rarest on TVs so far, due to cost.

TLDR: You get what you pay for, a HDR panel basically guarantees a very good panel. And it can playback HDR content in its full glory, plus whatever extra features that add to the cost, like FALD, Android TV, high quality upscaler, 120hz.

For example:

Mid end Sony x900e TV: http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900e

TCL c807 TV: http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/c-series-2017-c807

Hisense H8C TV: http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/h8c
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
jackass_ca wrote: Not sure what is meant by this? I have seen the difference between 4K and regular LED 1080P tv's, but will I notice a difference between a 4K TV and this set? What is a proper HDR set? How do I know, does it say supports HDR content, or is that just upscaling?

The wording is vague even when googling what it is... stating that UHD can be meant to mean the same thing. Some say they support HDR content (I would take that as processing a signal from a device broadcasting it) and some say compatible, which I think means Upscaling? It's new to me, I just want the best TV for the best value, Not that I have a bunch of HDR devices, PS4 comes to mind for me... that's all.. I am coming from a regular 55" 1080p LED LG... so already I know that either the Hisense or the Sharp's should look much better. The bestbuy Sharp says supports HDR, the Walmart one says HDR Compatible. Both are exclusive so any google results are only for those respective stores
A real HDR will say "Ultra HD Premium" and meet the HDR10 or Dolbly HDR specs for brightness, colour, etc.
https://www.wired.com/2016/01/what-is-hdr-tv/

HDR compatible just means you view an HDR encoded source, but you won't notice the difference on your regular 4K TV.
Last edited by engineered on Nov 16th, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1990 posts
1047 upvotes
Winnipeg
coriolis wrote: Ignorance is bliss, if people are upgrading from 720p and 1080p, 4K should always look better. As long as they don't actually see a proper 4K HDR set, then any 4K TV should be an upgrade, assuming they have a 4K source. Though some lower end TVs don't tend to have a good upscaler (costs $$$) so 480p and 720p won't be as sharp.
What TV do you have?
Lorenzo
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
OK, thanks guys, unfortunately neither of these Sharp models are on Rtings...
Both are 60 Hz refresh and say Ultra HD, but not premium. I didn't expect a true HDR at this price, but hoping these would be great pictures nonetheless

Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21222 posts
6989 upvotes
GTA
lorenzo1000 wrote: What TV do you have?
I had a Samsung KS8000, bought 8 months ago. Last week it broke because I fell forward and punched it while playing VR (lol feels bad really bad). It's unsalvagable, so time to buy a new TV.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
coriolis wrote: I had a Samsung KS8000, bought 8 months ago. Last week it broke because I fell forward and punched it while playing VR (lol feels bad really bad). It's unsalvagable, so time to buy a new TV.
lol bummer. Worst part is you weren't even using the TV!

Got pics for our amusement?
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21222 posts
6989 upvotes
GTA
engineered wrote: lol bummer. Worst part is you weren't even using the TV!

Got pics for our amusement?
I was literally inches from missing it, ugh. 2000 down the drain.
Images
  • upload.jpg