Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco.ca

Honey-Can-Do Stainless Steel 50L & 12L trash cans with sensors, $99.97

Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton

Honey-Can-Do Stainless Steel 50L & 12L trash cans with sensors, $99.97

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Costco.ca
Costco.ca has listed as a Hot Buy, a Honey-Can-Do stainless steel trash can duo set, with a 50L and a 12L trash can, for $99.97. As a price comparison, Amazon.ca is selling the same set for $197.99 and Camel camel... does not have further info. for comparison.

gc.JPG

Costco.ca is also selling a rectangular set that contains a 52 L and 12 L trash can, for $10 more, priced at $109.97.

gc2.JPG

Not sure what Walmart is doing with their pricing! Their round set is priced at $229, and their rectangle set is priced at $320.24! To buy the round trash can on it's own is $159 and a rectangle trash can on it's own is $154.

Lowes.ca ($265 and $275, respectively for the round and rectangular set) and Home Depot ($196.76 for only one single round, and $228.43 for one rectangular solo can), also have much higher pricing than the ones at Costco.ca.
7 replies
May 12, 2017
153 posts
79 upvotes
Are these all the same brands between these different stores?

Do you put plastic garbage bags in there?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
mcfrugal wrote: Nice find OP. Ordered.
Awesome! :)
carter500500 wrote: Are these all the same brands between these different stores?

Do you put plastic garbage bags in there?
Typically this is the same Honey-Can-Do brand/model between these stores, there is another brand being sold that is called iTouchless and I see Amazon.ca has a Ninestars rectangular set of 2 for $99.99 after saving $10, being touted as the original touchless trash can; could be a good value as well. Personally, I love Costco.ca's return policy, should anything happen.
Yup, regular trash can bags go into these.

Image of the Ninestar set at Amazon.ca for $99.99:

ninetsras.jpg
Nov 6, 2012
445 posts
736 upvotes
Edmonton
Yeah I'd rather pay a bit more and get Costco's return policy backed once they inevitably fail
Dec 25, 2003
642 posts
768 upvotes
Saskatoon
This seems quite expensive for a tube of thin metal and a top made of thin plastic with a delicate hinge, and a tiny motor/sensor?

When I bought the model from 5-7 yrs ago I paid $50 for the pair and that was painful enough. These shouldn't cost more than $5-10 to manufacture and the ones I have are so thin they dent very easily.
Just because others are $200, doesnt mean $100 is a good deal. At $40-50 it would be worth the having the novel motion sensor that often goes off when you walk by, but from experience, it is a pain to replace the hard to find and often over priced C and D sized batteries.
If you read this more than once, sorry for that.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4679 posts
3970 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
realBIGmike wrote: This seems quite expensive for a tube of thin metal and a top made of thin plastic with a delicate hinge, and a tiny motor/sensor?

When I bought the model from 5-7 yrs ago I paid $50 for the pair and that was painful enough. These shouldn't cost more than $5-10 to manufacture and the ones I have are so thin they dent very easily.
Just because others are $200, doesnt mean $100 is a good deal. At $40-50 it would be worth the having the novel motion sensor that often goes off when you walk by, but from experience, it is a pain to replace the hard to find and often over priced C and D sized batteries.
Now, if they were WiFi enabled and had an app so you could monitor the level of garbage and send notifications to your phone to remind you that it's garbage day, that would be so worth it. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Dec 25, 2003
642 posts
768 upvotes
Saskatoon
MrFrugal1 wrote: WiFi to... remind you that it's garbage day Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Hmm, thats not a terrible idea. Is it? But only if it used SMS and not another Chinese app to install.

These are the ones I got $50 5years ago at costco, $99 at walmart regular price:
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/nine-stars ... 0193648750

I am debating buying these spendy garbage cans from the OP. Shame :(
If you read this more than once, sorry for that.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)