Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Neato Robotics Botvac 65 (Costco Specific Model) $379.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2015 12:52 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …

[Costco] Neato Robotics Botvac 65 (Costco Specific Model) $379.99

It was previously sale priced at $349.99 but since then the regular price has gone up probably due to the weak dollar. This is currently the best deal in robotic vacuums in Canada. It is somewhat the equivalent of the Botvac 80 in that it includes the Combo Brush, but it includes a total of 5 replacement filters. The Botvac 80 comes with the expensive filters which filter out allergens and stuff, this comes with (more of) the standard filters. Other than that, they are the same.

Ships from Stratford Ontario (at least in the East) and is out for delivery day after ordering. There are various reports online about the reliability of Neato models being somewhat less than Roomba but that's where the security of buying from Costco comes in. I will not get into the comparison of Botvac vs Roomba, tons of info on Google about that. I just know watching a Roomba would drive me nuts though.
46 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4482 posts
2024 upvotes
Thanks, I was waiting for this one to come on sale. I'll buy one.

They don't carry it in their warehouses right?
Dec 25, 2012
51 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Does this vaccuum work well on area rugs? I hear it gets caught all the time
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
def47 wrote: Thanks, I was waiting for this one to come on sale. I'll buy one.

They don't carry it in their warehouses right?
I've never seen it though I've seen Roombas in the warehouse, it looks like it is drop shipped from a neato supplier in Stratford, ON (for the east anyway). I ordered yesterday morning and it is out for delivery today.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario
Thanks OP. Been waiting for a sale.

Was looking at roomba, but from what I read it doesn't do multiple rooms well. Our main floor is kind of split up so we want something that will do all rooms.

Anyone used this model with multiple rooms?
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1389 posts
3630 upvotes
Man that thing is ugly. I have an XV Signature (all black). I paid way less than this a little over a year ago. But this does come with 4 bonus filters so that's a plus.

Just be aware that in Canada there are no authorized dealers for the batteries unless you happen to catch them on Amazon.ca from Amazon. And trust me, you will have to replace the batteries. There are knock-offs on eBay of course.
Oct 26, 2001
603 posts
138 upvotes
Saskatoon
I got this when it was $349, and it is an amazing little vacuum. It has enough battery to JUST finish our entire main floor(70% hardwood/30% short pile carpet). I've ran it dozens of times, quickly cleaning it out after each use, and the filter still looks brand new. It'll take me forever to use up the others it came with. I never owned a Roomba, but I can highly recommend this one. The paths it takes around rooms make a nice clean pattern in the carpet. :)
Oct 14, 2007
612 posts
1302 upvotes
Thedford
We purchased a Neato XV14 model a couple of years ago, and Neato's support has been excellent. Our first unit developed software problems after 24 months. I figured with a one year warranty I was out of luck, but after contacting Neato, they replaced the unit (which included new batteries, filter, brush etc) for $50 including shipping.

I also lost a bearing for the beater bar (my fault) and Neato cheerfully send me two replacement bearings (one for each end of the beater bar) at no charge.

We owned an early model Roomba that worked for 14 months before a plastic drive part broke. I contacted them and was told since unit is off warranty there is nothing they could do. Only remedy offered was to sell me a new one for $250 US, which was more expensive than I could purchase in Canada.

Based on this experience I would purchase a Neato over the competition hands down.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1047 posts
247 upvotes
Calgary
i got this robot vacuum from the last sale about 3 months ago
i highly recommended for anyone who are too lazy to vacuum or swipe the floor
Jul 9, 2008
270 posts
122 upvotes
I have the older neato XV-21 from costco that I got last year; how is this model compared to that other than slightly improved battery life and the inclusion of an allergen filter?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1818 posts
695 upvotes
Canada
gwmkwan wrote:
lol dayum, case closed! I had an older roomba before and returned it to costco. never looked back.
Dec 7, 2005
358 posts
100 upvotes
Halifax
That video was actually fairly accurate for the Roomba (Costco model 595). Our Roomba has scratches all over it where it's been bashing itself into things so not a wonder to me it destroyed the test lab!! Also, where the Roomba was sort of blowing the light white stuff all over the place is our experience with the Roomba sometimes. When our German Shepherd blows her coat, it's the thin light stuff and the Roomba has to be put on a few times to get "everything". Now I love my Roomba and having a "German Shedder" it's made living with one one much much easier, but it appears to me the Neato may be a better solution for us (even though it missed the one section in the course!). I think they have their plus and minuses and you can't go wrong with either from what people are saying about this Neato.
Nov 13, 2003
267 posts
205 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I was very tempted to get the Neato when it went on sale in costco.com (US) but ended up getting the Roomba 656 because of the better reliability overall (not a huge problem for Costco as OP says) and Roomba slightly shorter height to go under coffee table and sofas. The Roomba certainly sucks up dust bunnies, but not the really fine ones on floor (I have no carpet, no pets). I don't have the Neato so cannot compare apple to apple, and the videos out there don't do justice as there's way more obstacles in real world situation. Good price though esp. taking exchange rate into consideration.
Nov 15, 2005
170 posts
98 upvotes
redgrandam wrote: Thanks OP. Been waiting for a sale.

Was looking at roomba, but from what I read it doesn't do multiple rooms well. Our main floor is kind of split up so we want something that will do all rooms.

Anyone used this model with multiple rooms?

I've using it once or twice a day for the last 4 months. It's simply been awesome. It cleans our 2 bedroom 850sqft condo in about 45 mins. It does multiple room very well.

This is way better than roomba in my experience. My old roomba never finished his job ever. This one does consistently and it's an art looking at the way it goes about doing its business.

I'm amazed that despite running everyday it still picks up quite a bit of crap everyday.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Mine was just delivered... kids said "Oooooooh!" when they saw the box. They have no idea.

Biggest problem now is finding some "open area" to put it's home that A) isn't in the way and B) isn't somewhere my one year old will want to jump on it.... not that easy of a task in a regular sized house.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6647 posts
1504 upvotes
Ontario
I also got this when it was on sale last time. Love it compared to my previous Roomba which would clean randomly. This has good suction and cleans systematically. Only bad things are the spin brush is held on by a magnet and comes off occasionally when it gets stuck on something, and I cannot use the scheduling feature as I always have to prep the floor by picking up the curtains off the ground and picking up all the kids toys, swing, etc, otherwise it gets stuck in them. No big deal as I have to do this anyway when I vacuum manually, but unfortunately can't use the schedule feature. Also it's taller than a Roomba so it doesn't go under furniture as much as the Roomba did.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)