Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Ooma telo $99!!! PLUS 3 months free international (59.97 value) HOT HOT

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2015 3:58 pm
Tags:
Oct 31, 2015
530 posts
518 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Costco] Ooma telo $99!!! PLUS 3 months free international (59.97 value) HOT HOT

Morning everyone

Just noticed this off costco.ca. The lowest I personally have ever seen this. Plus, they are offering free 3 months international at a 59.97 value. I purchased this
earlier in the month at 109 with the free 3 months international and i thought it was a killer deal.

so its

Ooma telo
3 month international calling
3 month premier service

http://www.costco.ca/Ooma-Telo-2-VoIP-H ... 38378.html
245 replies
Dec 18, 2014
178 posts
130 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
Great deal, will buy it today!
For those who don't know what it does it's basically a machine that you connect to your modem to get 'free' phone across Canada, you only pay the phone taxes which are around $4 bucks every month. It's a sweet deal considering we all pay around $30 a month for our phone monthly... Also you can transfer your number for $40.

Thanks OP
Jan 2, 2015
254 posts
154 upvotes
toronto
If you're still paying a TelCo for a landline, you're doing it wrong.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
3355 posts
5376 upvotes
Toronto, ON
$4 a month? Isn't it better to get the FONGO free phone line?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
Whats the benefit of this over TekTalk? I pay about $10 a month for TekTalk, connects to the modem as well. Plus caller ID, and also that "911" thing (does this have that as well?)
Aug 30, 2005
226 posts
93 upvotes
hmm I might pick this up. What's the call quality like? Any service issues/customer support good?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
SuperDuperFox wrote: Whats the benefit of this over TekTalk? I pay about $10 a month for TekTalk, connects to the modem as well. Plus caller ID, and also that "991" thing (does this have that as well?)
No 991 for sure :D
Oct 14, 2005
530 posts
53 upvotes
I got this last time too when it was 109. It's amazing and call quality is really good. The ability to see the call log online is also a bonus. I dropped my land line for it and won't go back.
[removed for signature violation]
Jun 14, 2006
761 posts
107 upvotes
GTA
TorontoBORN wrote: Morning everyone

Just noticed this off costco.ca. The lowest I personally have ever seen this. Plus, they are offering free 3 months international at a 59.97 value. I purchased this
earlier in the month at 109 with the free 3 months international and i thought it was a killer deal.

so its

Ooma telo
3 month international calling
3 month premier service

http://www.costco.ca/Ooma-Telo-2-VoIP-H ... 38378.html
Got it when it was 109 too just end of March but got 2 months of Premier service.
Maybe will try to talk to Costco folks to see if there is anything they can do for the price diff/ offer...

Also, note that Ooma offers other offers on top of this. I chose to port my number for the $40, so they emailed me with the offer to have premier service for $60 for the whole year + the 2 months.
US folks have better offer, CDN customers get the porting fee waived if you chose the Premier service. But since I had already paid for the port, they offered me the $60 deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1766 posts
2590 upvotes
Keep in mind, 911 service is garbage from VOIP companies since they take the call themselves, then try to figure out which 911 center to transfer the call to. Also, the 911 operator is not getting any information about your location so if you're incapacitated, can't speak or remember your address you're pretty much screwed.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
lifeisfuneh wrote: No 991 for sure :D
lol, oops. I mean 911 :lol:
RaphaelG041 wrote: Keep in mind, 911 service is garbage from VOIP companies since they take the call themselves, then try to figure out which 911 center to transfer the call to. Also, the 911 operator is not getting any information about your location so if you're incapacitated, can't speak or remember your address you're pretty much screwed.
That's the thing I'm sort of worried about. I believe with TekTalk they said something like they record a "default" address associated with your number, so when you make a 911 call, the address they recorded will show up. But if you move the modem to another address, you HAVE TO TELL THEM, or when a 911 call is made, they will see the original address.

So long as the correct address is recorded, it "should" be fine. Does Ooma do anything like that?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6630 posts
964 upvotes
I love my Ooma, so glad I got rid of stupid Bell gouging me. Now all I pay is 3.99 tax in on my credit card monthly, its great.

Excellent sound quality, to me its exactly the same as Bell land line, just a lot cheaper, from 65$ a month to 3.99$ a month
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4482 posts
2024 upvotes
Wrestlemania wrote: $4 a month? Isn't it better to get the FONGO free phone line?
yep, freephoneline ftw.

0$/month is hotter then 4$/month
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29323 posts
10707 upvotes
Hamilton
So does this thing call anywhere in the world or just local calling?
Nov 21, 2001
856 posts
159 upvotes
Markham
Why not get a Cisco SPA112 or similar voip box for $50 and buy the service from voip.ms? Unlimited North American calls for $5 or .5 cents a minute and has E911 service.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto, ON
911 part is what worries me. Anyone else have any concerns about that. Also do alarm systems work with VoIP like the ones in the GTA. Looking at The monitoring centre for home monitoring
Aug 10, 2006
35 posts
20 upvotes
Mississauga
foodyforlife wrote: 911 part is what worries me. Anyone else have any concerns about that. Also do alarm systems work with VoIP like the ones in the GTA. Looking at The monitoring centre for home monitoring
I used voip.ms with my alarm system for a couple of years with no issues. I ran the standard alarm weekly tests and everything checked out fine. The alarm did trip a couple of times due to kitchen accidents and I always got a call from the alarm folks which proves the alarm had no issues communicating over VOIP. You do need to spend the time to make sure you have everything configured correctly as per instructions from voip.ms though.

Lester