Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Costco.ca Sorel Men's Caribou Boots.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2019 11:37 am
37 replies
May 3, 2016
837 posts
667 upvotes
Since Costco is not an authorized dealer for this product, the manufacturer’s warranty does not apply. In place of the manufacturer’s warranty, Costco will refund your purchase price if you are not completely satisfied with this product.

Hmmm
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1448 posts
1792 upvotes
Buyer beware, sorels are not what they used to be.
I got the 1964s last year and they are cold trash compared to my nearly 10 year old sorels.

Luckily at least you should be able to return them when you find out they aren't good.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1011 upvotes
Saskatoon
Made in China or Canada?
I find sorel too heavy for my liking.
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
Sorels are heavy and look like trash. Seems like a lot of people have a weird affinity to ugly boots.
For Sale:
Apr 16, 2015
900 posts
577 upvotes
lleb13 wrote: Buyer beware, sorels are not what they used to be.
I got the 1964s last year and they are cold trash compared to my nearly 10 year old sorels.
They were never the same quality ever since they stop making them at the Kauffman plant in Kitchener and started making them in China
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2812 posts
3878 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: Sorels are heavy and look like trash. Seems like a lot of people have a weird affinity to ugly boots.
It's all about the badge.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3848 posts
2272 upvotes
'Shwallywood
The caribou are also sized 1-2 sizes above their stated size. I'm a 12, I bought 12, they fit like 14, even with thick socks, there's still too much slop
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2359 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: About as valuable as Columbia.
Sorel is going off their reputation for previously being high quality. Columbia never had that. Their (perceived) brand value is definitely higher than Columbia.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
bombdiggity wrote: Sorel is going off their reputation for previously being high quality. Columbia never had that. Their (perceived) brand value is definitely higher than Columbia.
Not to me or anyone I know. It's a safe brand for dads and moms just like Columbia and that's perfectly fine. What is not so fine is how heavy and impractical these boots are.
For Sale:
Apr 17, 2013
921 posts
153 upvotes
Gta
thelasthunter wrote: Sorels are heavy and look like trash. Seems like a lot of people have a weird affinity to ugly boots.

I have the Cheyanne. Works great in Jan/Feb weather. May not be the best looking boot out there but function over form.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
Sorel outsoles have no grip, horrible on icy surfaces
Signature removed due to rule violation
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3784 posts
2780 upvotes
Airdrie
saad29 wrote: Since Costco is not an authorized dealer for this product, the manufacturer’s warranty does not apply. In place of the manufacturer’s warranty, Costco will refund your purchase price if you are not completely satisfied with this product.

Hmmm
This is normal for Costco. I'd rather deal with Costco than the manufacturer anyways.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2359 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: Not to me or anyone I know. It's a safe brand for dads and moms just like Columbia and that's perfectly fine. What is not so fine is how heavy and impractical these boots are.
Lots of people younger than dads and moms wear Sorel presently (especially younger females), something that can't really be said about Columbia, and Sorel makes lighter, more modern styled boots as well.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
I found columbia to be equally as crappy unless you go above the $200+ stuff, rather the Merrell Ice+ line with the vibram arctic grip are probably one of the better winter shoes/boots out there with it being more affordable then columbia. The northface winterboots just looks good, but they suck.

Rule of thumb for getting winter shoes, focus on traction 1st before focusing on warmth, since you can always buy it a bit bigger and wear extra layers of socks.
Signature removed due to rule violation

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)