Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco.ca

Vizio UHD Smartcast M&P series TV's on sale up to $500 OFF

Mar 11, 2005
223 posts
40 upvotes
I have the P65-C1 and have it connected up to an HTPC.. I can confirm it does a pseudo 4:4:4, like the RTINGS review talks about.

We have concluded that all current Vizio TVs that we have reviewed do not display 4:4:4, but something quite close. This is due to the TV inputs accepting 4:4:4 but the image is not as clear as 4:4:4 on other TVs. This is most obvious when looking at the test pattern from very close.

.. So yes, text is completely legible but not as pixel perfect clear as a set that does true 4:4:4, which my old Samsung did. Without being a fanboy, the set is so overwhelmingly good at everything else, it was an easy decision to keep.

Not a deal breaker (I'm very picky) but I don't know if I would want to use this as my primary monitor, i.e. if I was sitting super close to the screen. One other thing to keep in mind, I'm making my 4:4:4 comparisons at 1080p, my current video card does not do 2160p.
Mar 3, 2008
488 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto
Or just return within 90 days and buy it again at lower price.
Oct 24, 2004
829 posts
192 upvotes
I'm 15 feet from where I'm sitting, p65, m70 or p75 but the p75 Is a bit pricey.
Aug 17, 2016
4 posts
1 upvote
Would getting the extra warranty from Costco worth it ? is it possible to buy after the fact I ordered it already.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2010
1166 posts
492 upvotes
Ottawa
FYI: most (if not all) of these new visio tv's lack any kind of digital Television Tuner which is used to catch Over The Air (OTA) digital HDTV transmissions.

Seems Visio have started dropping the inclusion of a TV Tunner in order to save money. Their TV's are technically now considered Monitors.

This may be an issue for those who plan on hooking up one of these "Monitors" to a TV antenna.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4475 posts
811 upvotes
mrinterested wrote: FYI: most (if not all) of these new visio tv's lack any kind of digital Television Tuner which is used to catch Over The Air (OTA) digital HDTV transmissions.

Seems Visio have started dropping the inclusion of a TV Tunner in order to save money. Their TV's are technically now considered Monitors.

This may be an issue for those who plan on hooking up one of these "Monitors" to a TV antenna.
Can you get 4K over the air? I wouldn't think you can get much of anything over the air, let alone 4k.
If I'm correct, it makes sense to save money there.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2010
1166 posts
492 upvotes
Ottawa
flafson wrote:
mrinterested wrote: FYI: most (if not all) of these new visio tv's lack any kind of digital Television Tuner which is used to catch Over The Air (OTA) digital HDTV transmissions.

Can you get 4K over the air? I wouldn't think you can get much of anything over the air, let alone 4k.
I do not know if you can get 4K transmissions OTA .
You can however get 720 and 1080 transmissions OTA.

Update: Apparently it is possible to get 4K OTA (even up to 8K). It does however require the new ATSC 3.0 Tunner.
Quick google search result or check out the video on http://atsc.org/ for more info.

Currently all the OTA channels that i get here in Canada are either 720 or 1080 using My TV's built in digital HDTV Tunner.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4475 posts
811 upvotes
mrinterested wrote:
flafson wrote:

Update: Apparently it is possible to get 4K OTA (even up to 8K). It does however require the new ATSC 3.0 Tunner.
Quick google search result or check out the video on http://atsc.org/ for more info.

Currently all the OTA channels that i get here in Canada are either 720 or 1080 using My TV's built in digital HDTV Tunner.
That's very interesting and good to know, I thought they made it impossible to watch OTA.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2010
1166 posts
492 upvotes
Ottawa
flafson wrote:
mrinterested wrote:
flafson wrote:

That's very interesting and good to know, I thought they made it impossible to watch OTA.
Just to be clear, as i stated in my original post.

These Visio TV's do not have any digital OTA HDTV tunner.

Therefore it is impossible to watch any OTA directly on these Visio TV's without buying a seperate HDTV OTA tunner box.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4475 posts
811 upvotes
mrinterested wrote:
flafson wrote:
mrinterested wrote:

Just to be clear, as i stated in my original post.

These Visio TV's do not have any digital OTA HDTV tunner.

Therefore it is impossible to watch any OTA directly on these Visio TV's without buying a seperate HDTV OTA tunner box.
I get it, I was under the impression that OTA tuning was history, didn't know it was possible and as advanced as cables or satellite.
Nov 29, 2006
996 posts
83 upvotes
Anyone see the p series in store yet ? I'd love to get the p55 but would rather get it instore , assuming it's cheaper
Apr 30, 2013
240 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
The Master wrote: Anyone see the p series in store yet ? I'd love to get the p55 but would rather get it instore , assuming it's cheaper
Ya, I think the P55 is the one I want. Right size, right features. Kinda hoping it will come closer to the $1000 $1200 mark
Nov 9, 2013
660 posts
262 upvotes
Looking for a 65-70" 4k w/HDR but not in a rush. Any of these worth jumping on?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2003
1845 posts
160 upvotes
Vancouver
The Master wrote: Anyone see the p series in store yet ? I'd love to get the p55 but would rather get it instore , assuming it's cheaper
There is no indication that the P-Series will be available in-store any time soon.

GYR8
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
Fresco wrote: Considering the P65-C1 was so hotly anticipated I thought there would be more interest in this thread. Although I am annoyed that at $2000 USD this TV should be priced at closer to $2600 CDN and not $3k. Still a little too rich for me. If it comes down to $2500 for black friday then I may bite.
Because generally speaking, the price will drop fast shortly after release (more so given the holiday "sales" will be around the corner, tho odds are the better deals would actually happen before/after those sales instead of during lol.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1876 posts
1480 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Thanks! I just emailed Costco. I bought on August 21st and it hasn't shipped yet so hopefully I have no issues matching.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1876 posts
1480 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Thanks! I just emailed Costco. I bought on August 21st and it hasn't shipped yet so hopefully I have no issues matching.
Feb 15, 2005
522 posts
141 upvotes
Montreal
Superstar1976 wrote:
Ya, I think the P55 is the one I want. Right size, right features. Kinda hoping it will come closer to the $1000 $1200 mark
Keep in mind the P55 is an IPS pannel vs the other's VA. Also, the P50 has 60Hz refresh rate vs the other's 120hz... basically, if you want all P goodness, you have to go 65+
FYI, IPS have less contrast, but better viewing angles
Last edited by astro_man on Aug 30th, 2016 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-=Heatware=-
ebay under astro_man26
Nov 11, 2007
325 posts
30 upvotes
astro_man wrote:
Superstar1976 wrote:
Keep in mind the P55 is an IPS pannel vs the other's VA. The P50 also has 60Hz refresh rate vs the other's 120hz... basically, if you want all P goodness, you have to go 65+
FYI, IPS have less contrast, but better viewing angles
I didn't realize the 55" was an ips panel. For my wide room I only want ips. Are the LED IPS panels similar in viewing angle to the older, original LCD panels? Because my nearly ten year old LG has no issues with viewing angle but the 50" Vizio d series was terrible from the side. I'm itching to get a new TV but the Vizio has me scared. Looking at Sony x850d or an LG right now although they are pricey.