Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: World Famous™Butane Stove & Griddle Combo(K-BBQ Grill) $38.99Free Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2013 2:48 am
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12166 posts
277 upvotes

[Costco] Costco.ca: World Famous™Butane Stove & Griddle Combo(K-BBQ Grill) $38.99Free Shipping

World Famous™ Butane Stove and Griddle Combo - $38.99 Free Shipping
http://www.costco.ca/World-Famous%E2%84 ... 36821.html
The World Famous™ butane stove is the perfect grill for backyard camping or on a picnic. It is lightweight and comes with a plastic stove carrying case. Stove features 8,000 BTU’s with Peizo matchless ignition. The accompanying griddle makes it perfect for roasting meats and vegetables or anything else your heart desires!

Features:
8,000 BTU, will last 3 hours on standard butane cylinders (butane cylinders not included)
Piezo matchless ignition
Large base for stability
Perfect for camping, hunting, outings, picnics
Operates on disposable butane cylinders (butane cylinders not included)
Flame height control
Enamel coated metal construction

Includes:
Stove
Non-stick aluminum 32-cm (12.5-in.) griddle with detachable handle
Plastic stove carrying case

Specifications:
Dimensions (L x W x H):
34.3 cm x 28.7 m x 11.4 m (13.5 in. x 11.3 in. x 4.5 in.)
Weight: 1.8 kg (4 lb.)

Warranty:
1 year
-Price for the butane stove at various kitchen supply stores and retail locations go for about $20-30.
the World Famous butane stove costs $30 at Canadian Tire (LINK)

-Grill top usually goes for $10 (cheap ones) to $30 (nice ones) at kitchen supply stores and asian malls.

-Butane canisters are cheap. $5-8 for a three to five pack and they last a long time.

-You can buy some pork belly, beef ribs, various sliced meats and sit around the patio table outside and eat. (you can cook on the kitchen table but I find the air gets kind of oily since you don't have an exhaust over it.

-The stove and grill plate are two different items so you could just use the butane stove burner to cook with a regular pan or pot outside or wherever , or you could use it inside for hotpot/Shabu-shabu.
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
13 replies
Feb 16, 2006
131 posts
6 upvotes
Does anyone know if this World Famous butane stove any better than those $10 stove from Chinese supermarket?
Jan 2, 2007
139 posts
28 upvotes
Kitchener, Ontario
You probably shouldn't use this indoors without proper ventilation since it'll produce carbon monoxide and potentially kill you.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
2162 posts
190 upvotes
Cyc66 wrote:
Jun 26th, 2013 11:35 am
You probably shouldn't use this indoors without proper ventilation since it'll produce carbon monoxide and potentially kill you.
You can use a butane stove inside. They do not produce significant quantities of CO.
Jan 2, 2007
139 posts
28 upvotes
Kitchener, Ontario
RedFlagRobot wrote:
Jun 26th, 2013 11:43 am
You can use a butane stove inside. They do not produce significant quantities of CO.
Well I learned something new today! :lol:
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2004
1976 posts
510 upvotes
GTA
Looks very similar, but this one includes the non-stick griddle pan.
Mikeneko wrote:
Jun 26th, 2013 11:32 am
Does anyone know if this World Famous butane stove any better than those $10 stove from Chinese supermarket?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1104 posts
266 upvotes
I dunno, based on my experience you're better off with a propane stove (several readily available at this price). Easier access to multi-packs and larger cans make it an overall better value. I will agree that this is much more portable tho, if that floats your boat.
Nov 28, 2007
998 posts
190 upvotes
Calgary
from my experience, i would stay away from butane stove if you are planning to use it for indoor
i highly recommend induction stove
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
15185 posts
3267 upvotes
Mikeneko wrote:
Jun 26th, 2013 11:32 am
Doubt it. I used the $10 stoves all the time in both residential and commercial applications and have been happy with it.
Cyc66 wrote:
Jun 26th, 2013 11:35 am
I've used 6 at a time and am still kicking.
gwmkwan wrote:
Jun 26th, 2013 3:15 pm
from my experience, i would stay away from butane stove if you are planning to use it for indoor
Induction isn't bad if you have the right pans. But if you have non ferrous pans, butane is the only way to go.
May 22, 2013
455 posts
38 upvotes
gwmkwan wrote:
Jun 26th, 2013 3:15 pm
I'd personally buy one for emergency situation, in case there is a huge power outage.
In many countries, people still use butane gas for cooking. It is not dangerous at all (unless you puncture the bottle I suppose).
Butane is more energy efficient than electric stove. ;)
I has no costco membership. I won't be buying it at the moment. Errr...
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12166 posts
277 upvotes
ag2000 wrote:
Jun 26th, 2013 10:52 am
Thanks, OP,

Where do you get them so cheap? I see $11.38 per 4 cylinders in the Walmart... http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/coleman-but ... s/10137457
the most common price in any asian grocery store that I've seen is 7.99 for a 4 pack. some places are cheaper and some places are more expensive.
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Jul 23, 2005
703 posts
90 upvotes
Montreal
is it available in store?
or is it online only?
× < >