Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco Canada

LG OLED65B7P 65-in. Smart 4K OLED TV $2997.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2019 10:56 pm
Nov 16, 2017
38 posts
19 upvotes
Civuck wrote: I too was worried about silver frame edges being distracting with the B7, but it has been a complete non-issue now that I have the television - they appear black during viewing. And now I think I actually prefer the B7 black/clear stand to the C7 silver stand which apparently can be distracting because of its reflectiveness. Btw, my panel does not have any tilt due to the stand.
White frame edges would depend on how your home theatre set-up is. For me, it IS distracting. When watching a movie or playing a game in a dark room settings, I don't want to see the frame edges reflected by display's lights. Also, when the TV is off, I don't want to see such white cheap-looking edges. I want it to be all black - plain and simple.

Also, regarding the tilt, if you do not see the tilt on B7, you may have installed the stand wrong or your floor is already tilt, and it will damage your stand over time. I've checked B7 in BestBuy and Costco, and both had slight tilt looking upwards. I asked BestBuy rep and he said that is the difference between B7 and C7, and he said he had no idea why LG made it that way for B7.

Even the most reputable TV rating sites such rtings.com shows tilt stand:
b7tilt.jpg
Nov 16, 2017
38 posts
19 upvotes
Vinc360 wrote: Can anyone tell me if the B7 (I'm getting the 55 in model) has enough space to fit a PS4 Pro under the stand?
Under the stand? Nope. Absolutely no space - not even for wires.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2002
1875 posts
576 upvotes
proud2BCdian wrote: saying false and misleading information here is NOT acceptable.
Agreed...and I wasn't. This guy owns both B7 and C7 - he says he prefers B7 as C7 stand is more reflective and distracting (@1:59):

Oct 25, 2012
241 posts
58 upvotes
proud2BCdian wrote: Under the stand? Nope. Absolutely no space - not even for wires.
Sorry, I mean under the bezel when the TV is on its stand.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2002
1875 posts
576 upvotes
proud2BCdian wrote: When watching a movie or playing a game in a dark room settings, I don't want to see the frame edges reflected by display's lights.
Me too - which is why I was initially concerned with the B7's silver bezel. But it quickly became apparent this was a non-issue once the TV was setup and being viewed.
proud2BCdian wrote: Also, when the TV is off, I don't want to see such white cheap-looking edges. I want it to be all black - plain and simple.
B7 has silver edges, not white. B7 and C7 have same white backpanel.
proud2BCdian wrote: Also, regarding the tilt, if you do not see the tilt on B7, you may have installed the stand wrong or your floor is already tilt, and it will damage your stand over time. I've checked B7 in BestBuy and Costco, and both had slight tilt looking upwards. I asked BestBuy rep and he said that is the difference between B7 and C7, and he said he had no idea why LG made it that way for B7.
Nope, no tilt on my B7. Although some C7 owners have complained of a tilt - see here. Sony A1 OLED also has a tilt.
Nov 16, 2017
38 posts
19 upvotes
Civuck wrote: Agreed...and I wasn't. This guy owns both B7 and C7 - he says he prefers B7 as C7 stand is more reflective and distracting (@1:59):

He also says, the silver frame may be some design flaw, and you have to compare B7P and C7P. The guy from the video may have different version of C7, which has silver stand. C7P on the other hand has dark grey finish. It's impossible to have reflection lol.
Stop posting false information if you don't even know the fact that there are variations of each models please.

Let me get the proper review:
"What’s the Difference of LG OLED55C7P and OLED55B7P

On the table above, We can find that most of the specs and features of LG OLED55C7P and OLED55B7P are similar. We can find the difference only from the styling of those two TVs as well as their price Let’s talk about that together.

1. More Premium Looks

The design of LG OLED55C7P and OLED55B7P is a little different. LG OLED55C7P comes with Aluminium stand and bezel that looks premium, while LG OLED55B7P comes with crescent stand and blade slim looks. If you care about design, then you can find that the design of LG OLED55C7P is more premium than the design of LG OLED55B7P.

2. Price

LG OLED55C7P, as the higher model, is offered at the higher price than LG OLED55B7P. Please note that the price difference is not fixed and varies from month to month and between retailers. You can check today’s price of LG OLED55C7P and OLED55B7P to know the current price difference between those two TVs."

Source: https://www.uhdtvvs.com/lg-oled55c7p-vs ... to-choose/
Nov 16, 2017
38 posts
19 upvotes
Vinc360 wrote: Sorry, I mean under the bezel when the TV is on its stand.
Still no. lol....PS4 Pro is quite thick.
Oct 25, 2012
241 posts
58 upvotes
proud2BCdian wrote: Still no. lol....PS4 Pro is quite thick.
Damn. Thanks! I guess I'll have to get a monitor riser of sorts.
Nov 16, 2017
38 posts
19 upvotes
Civuck wrote: Nope, no tilt on my B7. Although some C7 owners have complained of a tilt - see here. Sony A1 OLED also has a tilt.
Ah, come on people! We are comparing B7P with C7P. B7A or C7A are different. Research more or don't post. Also, go to Costco right now, and see the tilt for yourself. If you don't notice it, fine. But I'm a perfectionist and it counts.
B7 came out as a cheaper model; that's why it's B. C is more premium model, and E is more. I'm no longer responding to ignorant ppl who do not even research variations for each models. Have fun, good shopping, and don't get ripped off.
Nov 16, 2017
38 posts
19 upvotes
Vinc360 wrote: Damn. Thanks! I guess I'll have to get a monitor riser of sorts.
No problem. I tried to do it for myself too but there was no way lol. The stand+TV is quite heavy and you might wanna get a good riser if you plan to do so.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
2040 posts
526 upvotes
'sauga
B7 came out as a cheaper model; that's why it's B. C is more premium model
You sure about that? A Best Buy exclusive does not mean it's a more 'premium' model. It's priced the same as the B7, you know.

Unless you're talking about the Euro versions. Which makes no sense.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2002
1875 posts
576 upvotes
proud2BCdian wrote: C7P on the other hand has dark grey finish. It's impossible to have reflection
C7P at Best Buy has a bright aluminum stand, not dark grey.
proud2BCdian wrote: LG OLED55B7P comes with crescent stand.
Nope, no crescent stand in North America - Europe/Asian region only.
proud2BCdian wrote: LG OLED55C7P, as the higher model, is offered at the higher price than LG OLED55B7P.
Nope - same price right now at BestBuy.ca
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2002
1875 posts
576 upvotes
proud2BCdian wrote: Ah, come on people! We are comparing B7P with C7P. B7A or C7A are different. Research more or don't post.
C7A model doesn't exist.
proud2BCdian wrote: I'm no longer responding to ignorant ppl who do not even research variations for each models.
Thanks for your help anyway.
Aug 29, 2011
193 posts
149 upvotes
GTA
I actually like the B7P model better. The glass stand makes it look like the TV is floating or wall mounted as you see right through it. Also I don’t have any tilt. The frame is 90% black with a 1 mm silver edge. Don’t even notice it.
I have seen the C7P in Best Buy and didn’t like the silver stand.
The Duke
Nov 26, 2017
81 posts
94 upvotes
Vancouver
First time poster, long-time lover. If this hasn't been mentioned before, there are recommended settings for watching shows and playing games (specifically the Xbox One) posted at another forum. It's not just one guy's settings, either: the settings were derived and summarized from various sources, so this saves you from the trouble of searching all over for individual recommended settings.

Settings for watching shows
Settings for playing games

As for the lean in some of the B7s, when I first got my previous Samsung plasma over nine years ago, it perturbed me greatly that it had a very noticeable forward lean to it. It was much worse than the "slight" lean in the B7 (going by the picture). I could have tried to swap it, but didn't because, well, the problem seemed minor--especially in comparison to the "pink blotches in the whites" problem that was apparent in some panels of this particular model. My panel didn't have this problem and I thought I would have been rolling the dice if I were to get a replacement panel.

So I went into my garage, found a piece of wood of the right thickness, painted it black to match the colour of the panel's bezel and stand, and used it as a shim underneath the stand, thus correcting the lean. Problem solved, easy peasy.
Nov 16, 2017
38 posts
19 upvotes
Civuck wrote: C7A model doesn't exist.

Thanks for your help anyway.
When LG announced 7 OLED series in Korea, C7A actually first came out in Korea only, and for world-wide model it came out as C7V in Europe and C7P for other regions.

Thanks for your ignorance and another misinforming anyway.
Nov 16, 2017
38 posts
19 upvotes
B7P @ Costco:
2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

B7P's tilting is obvious. Checked both 55" and 65"; compared with other TVs.
B7P's stand is made of cheap plastic.

C7P's stand is made of heavy stainless steel, and it's not silver. If you think it's silver, get your eye examined; it's dark grey. You should lose your driver's license if you still see it that way.
The same stand of E7 is used, and does the picture look like silver?
e7.jpg

And for those who keep talking about bargain: get a job and make more money. These TVs are dirt cheap. Phones are getting closely priced these days. If you still want bargain and have got bargain, good for you! But it's very likely you may get floor TV or open box one + ripped off warranty plan they offer.

Extended warranty for OLED TVs is really for display burn-in. Costco's and BB's warranties will NOT cover this. It is better off purchasing extended warranty directly from LG since it covers burn-in seriously.
Nov 16, 2017
38 posts
19 upvotes
classicrock wrote: First time poster, long-time lover. If this hasn't been mentioned before, there are recommended settings for watching shows and playing games (specifically the Xbox One) posted at another forum. It's not just one guy's settings, either: the settings were derived and summarized from various sources, so this saves you from the trouble of searching all over for individual recommended settings.

Settings for watching shows
Settings for playing games

As for the lean in some of the B7s, when I first got my previous Samsung plasma over nine years ago, it perturbed me greatly that it had a very noticeable forward lean to it. It was much worse than the "slight" lean in the B7 (going by the picture). I could have tried to swap it, but didn't because, well, the problem seemed minor--especially in comparison to the "pink blotches in the whites" problem that was apparent in some panels of this particular model. My panel didn't have this problem and I thought I would have been rolling the dice if I were to get a replacement panel.

So I went into my garage, found a piece of wood of the right thickness, painted it black to match the colour of the panel's bezel and stand, and used it as a shim underneath the stand, thus correcting the lean. Problem solved, easy peasy.
Congrats on your upgrade to OLED!
But I highly recommend updating your TV's firmware first. There have been many improvements.

The latest firmware version is 04.70.30, which came out a few days ago, but somehow this version does not update over-the-air. So, you have to use a USB stick for this update. I think it will eventually be available OTA though.
Those settings are outdated. For firmware updates, there sometimes are changes in brightness in certain modes. So, I would not rely too much on those settings, but they still are good starting points!

Here is the link for the latest firmware download:
http://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/software-firmware

I hope it helped you! Enjoy.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1824 posts
591 upvotes
proud2BCdian wrote: B7P @ Costco:
2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

B7P's tilting is obvious. Checked both 55" and 65"; compared with other TVs.
B7P's stand is made of cheap plastic.

C7P's stand is made of heavy stainless steel, and it's not silver. If you think it's silver, get your eye examined; it's dark grey. You should lose your driver's license if you still see it that way.
The same stand of E7 is used, and does the picture look like silver?
e7.jpg

And for those who keep talking about bargain: get a job and make more money. These TVs are dirt cheap. Phones are getting closely priced these days. If you still want bargain and have got bargain, good for you! But it's very likely you may get floor TV or open box one + ripped off warranty plan they offer.

Extended warranty for OLED TVs is really for display burn-in. Costco's and BB's warranties will NOT cover this. It is better off purchasing extended warranty directly from LG since it covers burn-in seriously.
I think BB warranty covers burn In?

Link to LG extended warranty? Last time I checked I could not find a link.