Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco Canada

LG OLED65B7P 65-in. Smart 4K OLED TV $2997.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2019 10:56 pm
Mar 4, 2008
124 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry if this has already been covered, but can anyone explain why there's so much "noise" or "Grain" in all the HDR/4k scenes? Are there any settings to change to mitigate this or is it just the "live with it" approach
?
Oct 15, 2008
654 posts
170 upvotes
London
Anyone have issues playing 4k bluray on Xbox one S, or playing HDR game on PS4? Sometimes the screen blinks black for a moment. I assume it might be the cable. Or i need to update my software on my Denon receiver. Hopefully isnt the TV as it only happens on those sources, but doesnt happen on satellite, but thats only 1080
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
2040 posts
526 upvotes
'sauga
FunkyC wrote: Anyone have issues playing 4k bluray on Xbox one S, or playing HDR game on PS4? Sometimes the screen blinks black for a moment. I assume it might be the cable. Or i need to update my software on my Denon receiver. Hopefully isnt the TV as it only happens on those sources, but doesnt happen on satellite, but thats only 1080
Try connecting the source directly to your TV to see if it still happens.
Jan 6, 2009
78 posts
97 upvotes
Burnaby
I just called and confirmed with Bestbuy Geek Squad, they said the GSP (Geek Squad Protection Plan) 4yr $650 DOES NOT cover burn-in, only GSPT (Geek Squad Protection Total Plan) covers burn-in which it costs a lot more with monthly installment
Mar 4, 2008
124 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
*resolved
Last edited by say4ct on Nov 30th, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 30, 2017
161 posts
126 upvotes
Brossard
say4ct wrote: I just want to try this again, is anyone else experiencing a large amount of "noise" or "grain" in dark scenes using 4k/hdr on this tv? If so, how do we correct it? It's extremely distracting
it's the feed. lower quality content will be exposed. I'm guessing Netflix or cable? This tv has 4 times the resolution of your older 1080p tv. What you are experiencing is normal.
Jun 18, 2008
510 posts
270 upvotes
Calgary
Ultramega wrote: that's dot com, not ca
I don't think it matters in this case. I followed the link(s) from Canadian site at https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/geek-squad ... vices.aspx

EDIT: Then again, if you follow different link, you get to "American Bankers" version of terms and conditions, that spell things a bit different. In General Exclusions they say "pixel burnout in
accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines" is not covered. But, in Product Specific Benefits (TVs) the say "American Bankers will cover the cost of Pixel burnout coverage based upon manufacturer's guidelines". Specific trumps General, but "manufacturer's guidelines" (LG in this case) is not to cover for IR, so they can do whatever they please, and if you don't like it you can take them to court.
Apr 20, 2017
273 posts
459 upvotes
say4ct wrote: Sorry if this has already been covered, but can anyone explain why there's so much "noise" or "Grain" in all the HDR/4k scenes? Are there any settings to change to mitigate this or is it just the "live with it" approach
?
You are probably watching movies/shows that were recorded on 'film' vs. digital
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4212 posts
5052 upvotes
Montreal, QC
say4ct wrote: I just want to try this again, is anyone else experiencing a large amount of "noise" or "grain" in dark scenes using 4k/hdr on this tv? If so, how do we correct it? It's extremely distracting
What you're asking is very vague. What's the resolution of the feed itself, does it come from an external device or the TV is playing it natively? What's the actual video? Some people say some Netflix shows like Daredevil is purposedly grainy.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile and Videotron Fizz customer :-)
Jul 17, 2017
36 posts
6 upvotes
I'm seeing the same thing when watching Punisher on Netflix. I just assumed that it was normal and as intended for that show. If I watch other 4K content on Netflix (for example, BBC Planet Earth), I don't see that noise/grain, the picture is stunningly perfect, even during darker scenes.
Mar 4, 2008
124 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
*resolved
Last edited by say4ct on Nov 30th, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 14, 2009
342 posts
93 upvotes
Orleans
Yeah Netflix 4k content with dolby vision HDR is notoriously "grainy". It's not the tv. It's the source. If you have Amazon prime, Grand Tour looks phenomenal in 4k hdr-10.
Jul 7, 2008
220 posts
59 upvotes
Malton, Mississauga
If anyone has got their 65' B7 for less than $2999, can you please PM your receipt so i can get price protection. Thanks in advance

(i have posted this request in other thread but no luck so far)..
Aug 20, 2009
9825 posts
5933 upvotes
say4ct wrote: Thanks for replying, guys. Okay, to cut down on vagueness, yes, it is indeed Netflix playing in 4K HDR mode for Punisher, and Breaking Bad. I imagine this is particularly netflix? And am I correct in assuming if I tried native local 4k content (example, a 4k blu ray) this wouldn't occur? I tried a game on my xbox one x that is 4k patched and didn't notice this grain/noise in the dark colors. Sorry for the noob question, I just didn't forsee this being a problem.
That's just Netflix. They added a grain/noise filter to the source content to make it look more cinematic and edgy apparently. I see it on both a LG 65B7 and a Sony X900E. It's annoying, I agree but unfortunately not much can be done except tweet Netflix about it.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4212 posts
5052 upvotes
Montreal, QC
say4ct wrote: Thanks for replying, guys. Okay, to cut down on vagueness, yes, it is indeed Netflix playing in 4K HDR mode for Punisher, and Breaking Bad. I imagine this is particularly netflix? And am I correct in assuming if I tried native local 4k content (example, a 4k blu ray) this wouldn't occur? I tried a game on my xbox one x that is 4k patched and didn't notice this grain/noise in the dark colors. Sorry for the noob question, I just didn't forsee this being a problem.
My main challenge will be to try to get an 'OK' image with my 1080p feeds, which is mostly what I'm going to be watching for a while. I fully expect to be disapointed somehow, but hopefully my PS4 Pro will make me happy with my choice.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4212 posts
5052 upvotes
Montreal, QC
gamred wrote: If anyone has got their 65' B7 for less than $2999, can you please PM your receipt so i can get price protection. Thanks in advance

(i have posted this request in other thread but no luck so far)..
Maybe I don't understand price protection as much as I thought, but I thought the item had to be *in stock* at the moment you are requesting a price adjustment? Having an old receipt wouldn't help in this case if the item is not in stock when you request the adjustment.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
1919 posts
562 upvotes
Calgary
willy0275 wrote: Maybe I don't understand price protection as much as I thought, but I thought the item had to be *in stock* at the moment you are requesting a price adjustment? Having an old receipt wouldn't help in this case if the item is not in stock when you request the adjustment.
I doubt you'll get price protection if someone managed to negotiate a better deal. It generally applies to the advertised price. Couldn't hurt to try though.