• May 19th, 2018 2:29 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1796 posts
464 upvotes
Vancouver

Costco cash card / day pass

I'm pondering letting my Costco membership lapse, because according to my Executive Membership rebate, I haven't been using it near enough to be worthwhile.

I have an $80 cash card left over from a tire promotion. Can I use it after my membership expires? Will I be denied a one-day pass because I will be a former member?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
4133 posts
2172 upvotes
PianoGuy wrote:
May 17th, 2018 9:10 pm
I'm pondering letting my Costco membership lapse, because according to my Executive Membership rebate, I haven't been using it near enough to be worthwhile.

I have an $80 cash card left over from a tire promotion. Can I use it after my membership expires? Will I be denied a one-day pass because I will be a former member?
Cash Card in the sense of a Costco GC, or is it a Rebate Certificate ?

There is a BIG Difference in regards to when they expire... as they can be tied to your Membership

No Membership... can mean no standing balance
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1396 posts
668 upvotes
Vancouver
I believe (was posted in another thread in rfd i think) that Costco now requires you to sign up for a temp membership to use GCs as a non member. As far as qualifying for it due to being an ex member, im sure you would qualify but there might be time restrictions (like x days after membership expires). If you want to be certain, maybe just ask someone in customer service.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
1305 posts
771 upvotes
PianoGuy wrote:
May 17th, 2018 9:10 pm

No harm, ask for a discount on membership from the CSR at the counter to get you into shopping more at Costco.
Or renew your membership with the rebate cheque and pay the difference for regular membership if the rebate is under $60.
LIVE LONG and suffer ...

:arrow: PEACE :arrowl:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)