Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

CAT work light rechargeable 500 lm $16.97

• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2018 4:38 pm
Jan 8, 2016
62 posts
428 upvotes
Kitchener, ON

[Costco] CAT work light rechargeable 500 lm $16.97

Saw this work light at Costco, Waterloo.
They had 6 cases left this afternoon.

Regular price $24.99, Clearance price: $16.97.
Waterloo.jpg
Happy hunting!
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
whats the temperature? 5000k?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Nov 18, 2006
658 posts
319 upvotes
I have one of these lights and have used for some under-car repairs. One quibble is that it is SO bright -- the design of the housing doesn't lend well to lying in the direction you point it, so i was constantly tipping it over and blinding myself. However, after years of busting rough service incandescent bulbs and regularly burning myself on a standard trouble light -- this is still a great light. Being cordless makes it much more versatile, battery life seems pretty good...
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2004
1060 posts
579 upvotes
mathomas wrote: I have one of these lights and have used for some under-car repairs. One quibble is that it is SO bright -- the design of the housing doesn't lend well to lying in the direction you point it, so i was constantly tipping it over and blinding myself. However, after years of busting rough service incandescent bulbs and regularly burning myself on a standard trouble light -- this is still a great light. Being cordless makes it much more versatile, battery life seems pretty good...
Thanks to OP, I just bought one from the Waterloo store (they are in the hardware isle)
The box says it has 2 brightness levels, maybe that should help you with blinding yourself :)
Also battery life is 3 hours on highest setting and longer on lower.
For charging, it takes a standard micro usb plug to charge so that's more convenient as most (sorry Apple people :D) have plenty of those...
Nov 29, 2007
503 posts
62 upvotes
Can you use it while its being charged?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1508 posts
706 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone find these in the GTA?

Thanks!
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Walmart U.S. AT&T Group deal (kinda yay) + *NEW* Koodo 30GB for $25 4G LTE
Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
Too bad it doesn't have some kind of stand or legs to make it stable.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Jan 22, 2007
606 posts
15 upvotes
Checked yorkdale costco yesterday and wasnt able to find them.
GTA
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2144 posts
878 upvotes
Ottawa
mathomas wrote: I have one of these lights and have used for some under-car repairs. One quibble is that it is SO bright -- the design of the housing doesn't lend well to lying in the direction you point it, so i was constantly tipping it over and blinding myself. However, after years of busting rough service incandescent bulbs and regularly burning myself on a standard trouble light -- this is still a great light. Being cordless makes it much more versatile, battery life seems pretty good...
Are you referring to the same item? This one supposedly puts out only 500 lumens; that's barely more than a 40 watt incandescent bulb (450 lm) and nowhere close to a 60 watt light bulb (800 lm). I can see where the absence of a cowling (usually present on most older work lights) would be a royal PITA for close-up work though.
yadda, yadda, yadda
Aug 17, 2008
108 posts
13 upvotes
pauldryan wrote: Are you referring to the same item? This one supposedly puts out only 500 lumens; that's barely more than a 40 watt incandescent bulb (450 lm) and nowhere close to a 60 watt light bulb (800 lm). I can see where the absence of a cowling (usually present on most older work lights) would be a royal PITA for close-up work though.
Keep in mind that the incan bulb is emitting those lumens over its entire surface, including the part of the bulb that's hidden by the shroud.

This one is emitting all of its light out of a smaller area, so the surface brightness will be much higher.

Stare at a naked 40w bulb and in to the barrel of a 500lm flashlight and you tell me which is more painful. :)
Nov 25, 2015
41 posts
42 upvotes
Really great light, I have 2 one at work (mechanic) and one at home. Really bright and rechargable, no magnet. I will agree it is shaped oddly and can be a pain to get it to sit in the correct position. I don't know if it's was said but it also has a hook for hanging.
Mactools sells a similar light for $150 so this was a no brainer even for $25
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2004
2274 posts
880 upvotes
GTA
325i wrote: Anyone find these in the GTA?

Thanks!
Didn't see any at Heartland today.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
2300 posts
2175 upvotes
Laval, QC
Anyone find this work light in Montreal area? Thanks in advance.
Aug 30, 2001
425 posts
191 upvotes
Karlmtl wrote: Anyone find this work light in Montreal area? Thanks in advance.
none at marche central. might try the one on rue Bridge, but don't have too much hope.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2144 posts
878 upvotes
Ottawa
MerkurMan wrote: Keep in mind that the incan bulb is emitting those lumens over its entire surface, including the part of the bulb that's hidden by the shroud.

This one is emitting all of its light out of a smaller area, so the surface brightness will be much higher.

Stare at a naked 40w bulb and in to the barrel of a 500lm flashlight and you tell me which is more painful. :)
Phppph! Science ....... ain't nobody got time for that! Winking Face
yadda, yadda, yadda
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2006
1685 posts
1196 upvotes
Lots left in Ancaster Ontario. Selling for $14.97 now.