[Costco] Cerave 539g tub plus 57g travel size

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2019 11:59 am
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2519 posts
517 upvotes
Vancouver
When Costco had this in 2017, Brighton Ave, Burnaby was only one which was selling. None in Vancouver, Richmond or Willingdon warehouses.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1342 posts
308 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
rugerty100 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 12:50 am
I wish they had the U.S. Costco packaging, with the pump.

(The U.S. price would be nice too Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes)
Jesus that's an amazing price.
Sep 2, 2010
249 posts
67 upvotes
In Calgary, I've always bought Cerave from the Sunridge location. I have never seen it at the Deerfoot Meadow location.
Oct 12, 2012
684 posts
816 upvotes

Can confirm, available at Costco on Brighton Ave in Burnaby.
Jan 4, 2014
21 posts
8 upvotes
Mississauga
Can confirm that Mississauga Laird Rd doesn't have it
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
1986 posts
311 upvotes
Gta
Soooo. Have to ask.. why is this stuff so good.? Is it that much better than any other moisturizer?
Koodo member
Sep 17, 2013
152 posts
124 upvotes
queenofhearts wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 5:42 pm
Soooo. Have to ask.. why is this stuff so good.? Is it that much better than any other moisturizer?
I use it daily for my face. Doesn't make me prettier but it isn't greasy or smelly and helps my face not feel dry all day long.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
1986 posts
311 upvotes
Gta
Thanks...but how is it different (better than any other moisturizer?)...goes on like butter? Absorbs quickly with no shine... makes skin glow? I’m of the opinion that all moisturizer basically do the same thing...moisturize!
Guess I should google reviews and see what’s so great about it ( other than this is a huge tub for a good? Price)
Koodo member
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15575 posts
5809 upvotes
queenofhearts wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 6:11 pm
Thanks...but how is it different (better than any other moisturizer?)...goes on like butter? Absorbs quickly with no shine... makes skin glow? I’m of the opinion that all moisturizer basically do the same thing...moisturize!
Guess I should google reviews and see what’s so great about it ( other than this is a huge tub for a good? Price)
There can be many differences between moisturizers, even high quality ones. There are some brands, like CeraVe (Cetaphil is another) that offer very basic moisturizers which are very gentle. These are good ones to start with before moving on to more fancier ones that are filled with more chemicals. These products are simple, and that gives you a good spot to figure out what works for you (e.g. you switch to another moisturizer and start developing redness). This is why so many recommend these simple brands, because they will likely work for you.

One of the interesting things that CeraVe includes is hyaluronic acid. Now, like most things in skin care there is no miracle cure, but much research has been done and many believe that hyaluronic acid is a very beneficial ingredient (here is a study that explains a bit: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3583886/).

Compared to St Ives, Vaseline, Aveno, etc. you will notice CeraVe is more expensive. It's that this is a good price for CeraVe, however there are other more budget friendly moisturizers. If applying consistently will one make you look years younger? I highly doubt it. But if you have specific skin problems (e.g. eczema) there will be big differences between moisturizers.