Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 5, 2010
5 posts
USA

Costco Chair and Ottoman

Hi all,
New to this forum, and am seeking your help. I am a Costco member and I came across this chair recliner and ottoman that looks like an Ekornes chair, but not as expensive. The manufacturer, True Innovations, a subsiidary of True Concepts, LLC, I believe, claims that it is a top grain leather. But I know for a fact that the leather is coming from China, and I have heard that some leather from china has been causing people rashes and allergic reactions to the leather. And that it could not be real leather either. Some kind of bonded/bycast leather ****.
My question is, Does anybody know of this company, of this chair, and if it is real top grain leather?
Thank you very much,
Pegasusnm
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6033 posts
583 upvotes
SW Ontario
Link? picture? was it online or instore?

either way if you get it and don't like it, you can always return it no problem. Even if it is delivered from costco.ca
[OP]
Jul 5, 2010
5 posts
USA
It was instore. I went and smelled the leather. It does smell like leather. I'm concerned about the workmanship since I have never heard of this company. I found out that the parent company is from some island near Magagasccar, southeast of Africa. That is strange. But the subsidiary company is from California. Still, I think the materials are from China.
I also saw a coupon here somewhere, (can't find it now) where that chair and ottoman will be on sale from July 12 - 25. i am looking for that coupon since it is a savings about $50-$60.
That is true about returning it. I never had a problem with Costco with returns.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6033 posts
583 upvotes
SW Ontario
I haven't bought furniture from there, but I have looked at some stuff in the store, and I'm always impressed with the quality I see in the pieces. It's usually very solid stuff.