Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Charging Essentials In Wall 7 Day Programmable Digital Light Switch 2 Pack

[OP]
Mar 17, 2015
64 posts
67 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK

[Costco] Charging Essentials In Wall 7 Day Programmable Digital Light Switch 2 Pack

Found a great buy at Costco (on item is selling on Amazon for $59.99 -- Charging Essentials In Wall 7 Day Programmable Digital Light Switch 2 Pack)). No Costco link as they weren't on the Costco website, just at the store. Roughly five cases left.

Costco Saskatoon has this same two pack selling for $27.99.

Have never seen these before. Picked some up as they will automate some indoor & outdoor lights to make it appear we are home whenever we are away.

Merry Christmas all!
Last edited by Wheatboy on Dec 18th, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
2948 posts
826 upvotes
Vancouver
Amazon doesn't sell these. They're sold by 'Best Deal Canada'. By looking at their other items for sale, it looks like they buy items from Costco and resell on Amazon.

Ron.
Oct 28, 2008
145 posts
52 upvotes
I bought these about 2 weeks ago and returned them without even installing them. I just opened it to read the instructions and it's missing one big feature that you would think would have. It's missing an auto-off feature! Says on the package that they are good for light switches, bathroom fans, etc. I wanted to buy them to replace the switch on 2 bathroom fans. Pretty sad that you can't get it to auto-off in xx minutes. I guess they expect you to take a shower the exact same time everyday! Bought a Wemo switch and works like a charm.
Amazingly, timed switches actually cost the same if not more than a Wemo switch.
Mar 9, 2006
33 posts
3 upvotes
its programmable, how would it not auto shut off? just program it to shut off at a certain time. i bought these when they had the save on energry program. i love it. it to turns my outdoor lights on and off at a certain time.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2378 posts
263 upvotes
Ottawa
r_malvia wrote:
Dec 18th, 2017 6:32 pm
I bought these about 2 weeks ago and returned them without even installing them. I just opened it to read the instructions and it's missing one big feature that you would think would have. It's missing an auto-off feature! Says on the package that they are good for light switches, bathroom fans, etc. I wanted to buy them to replace the switch on 2 bathroom fans. Pretty sad that you can't get it to auto-off in xx minutes. I guess they expect you to take a shower the exact same time everyday! Bought a Wemo switch and works like a charm.
Amazingly, timed switches actually cost the same if not more than a Wemo switch.
ditto, returned it unopened because it does not support 3-way switch. if you have two switches controlling same lights, forget about these.
and i bought them when Costco was selling them for $18.99
IT Services provider in Ottawa area.
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
11714 posts
1662 upvotes
Markham
golden_m wrote:
Dec 18th, 2017 11:27 pm
ditto, returned it unopened because it does not support 3-way switch. if you have two switches controlling same lights, forget about these.
and i bought them when Costco was selling them for $18.99
yes was $18.99 when there was energy rebate going on
80TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 60TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
40TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
11TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Oct 2, 2013
832 posts
205 upvotes
haven’t seen it in my local Costco, I need two to automate our outdoor lights.
for bathroom fan a better option is to have a switch with humidity sensor, i use the switch came with bathroom fan from Costco, now I nevery have to remember to turn the fan on and off, lol