• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2008 9:47 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 2, 2005
208 posts
Newmarket

[Cineplex] Costco: Cineplex night out pass 22.99

Just went tonight and they had tons of em out.

22. 99 gets you:

- 2 general admissions
- 2 regular soft drinks
- 1 regular popcorn

works for me!!!
17 replies
Banned
Jul 4, 2008
1434 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
^ hmm. do people really pay full price for movie tickets these days?

i find that everyone use those cineplex coupons now. i use them alot
considering they are around $7.10-$8

But i guess for someone who doesn't have these coupons and likes popcorn and drinks this is a good deal?

Does anyone know the REG price for 2 reg drinks and popcorn? ~ $10?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1127 posts
61 upvotes
Ottawa
Medium drinks and Popcorn are ~$4.00 each, and admission is ~$10 each. So you save about $10, not bad.

However if you are going on a Tuesday night admission is ~$4.20, so there's your savings. Also getting a large drink, large popcorn combo is much better, and ~$13. You get free refills, and candy!

I bought one of these think they we're a good deal, but they aren't really, unless you absolutely cannot get out on Tuesday night and need popcorn. I'm glad the expiry date is far away. Thanks to Tuesday nights, and scene points, they won't get used until the next mega-flick next summer that I'll want to see on a Friday.

Oh, and they won't run out. You take the card to the cash, and you get a little paper certificate, like any other Cineplex pass.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
1510 posts
80 upvotes
Haven't they had these for sale for the past year?? I still have so many Scene cards with points on them from last years sign up bonus coupled with the other bonus offer from cereal boxes, etc, that I havent' had to pay for a ticket all year (admittedly I haven't been to that many movies).
Banned
Jul 4, 2008
1434 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
mabba18 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2008 9:11 pm

However if you are going on a Tuesday night admission is ~$4.20, so there's your savings.
sigh. we don't have cheap tuesdays anymore.
all movies are $11.95 (stupid vancouver.)
all day every day.

which is why i just buy the ciniplex coupons.

just go on your local craigslist.com and type in "cineplex admit one" and you a few should come up.

they range from $7-8

example.
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/searc ... dmit%20one
Jan 9, 2008
218 posts
9 upvotes
I guess you can upsize the popcorn and pop for a buck or 2 at some theatres..here in Calgary they do that..

If I'm going to a damn movie I'm getting a garbage bag full of popcorn! :cheesygri
Mar 31, 2007
327 posts
2 upvotes
These have been out for years.
They're good for people who want to avoid those line ups on tuesdays.
not a bad package actually.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
2259 posts
61 upvotes
I pick up the kids combo. One ticket plus kids treat tray. You pay about $1 more than regular price admission. Hubby and don't like the over salted, smushy theatre popcorn :) , so we trade in our airmiles for the 2 for 1 coupons instead.
Dec 20, 2007
758 posts
70 upvotes
we've had these in BC for over a year... great deal considering that we don't have cheap tues any more.
May 17, 2005
568 posts
26 upvotes
Saskatoon
this is a great price i went to ciniplex last night this is what i spent

10.50 / ticket x 2 = $22.00

popcorn medium + 2 drinks + m&m's = $18.XX

I can post receipt, if u like.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
10903 posts
1322 upvotes
Angela V wrote:
Oct 18th, 2008 2:40 pm
I pick up the kids combo. One ticket plus kids treat tray. You pay about $1 more than regular price admission. ...
+1, Costco Kid's combo is $9.59 = 1 kid's Cineplex admission for 13 and under + treat tray.
Costco Item number 127511 in the same area as the adult combo
Dec 18, 2007
355 posts
Mississauga
I get my passes for $8 each. I bring my own candy and pop and just buy a large popcorn. I have a scene card so I get 10% the popcorn. That's cheaper than the Costco deal. I do get the kids combo from Costco. You can't beat that.

I found a coupon where you can get the passes for less than $7 with a limit of 20 passes. Haven't tried it yet. I'm gonna give that a try....just as soon as I find which drawer I stuck it in.....
Dec 15, 2005
316 posts
6 upvotes
Actually... it's good for people busy during the weekdays...like me. Most of the time i go to the movies only during weekend cuz it's the only time i'm free.
Dec 8, 2005
259 posts
26 upvotes
Victoria
a regular ticket is 9.25

a regular drink is 4.51 x2 9.02
regular popcorn is 5.50

this is with no tax included
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2008
1742 posts
628 upvotes
the thing is.. this technically isn't a hot deal.

since it isn't on sale. It has always been this price.
AND.. some RFD-ers don't have access to Costco.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad." :-0
× < >