Shopping Discussion

Costco clothes. Do you buy? what's your opinion on quality.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2011 12:42 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 5, 2009
612 posts
33 upvotes

Costco clothes. Do you buy? what's your opinion on quality.

I for one have been impressed with their apparel quality and definitely the prices which I find to be very affordable and fairly priced. Would love to know who does their kirkland brand wares.

What do you think? Have you bought any of their stuff?
52 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
177 upvotes
redflag5050 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2011 4:36 pm
I for one have been impressed with their apparel quality and definitely the prices which I find to be very affordable and fairly priced. Would love to know who does their kirkland brand wares.

I buy my most of clothes from Costco, pants, jackets, socks, underwear, etc. I have not bought any kirkland brand clothes though.
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3017 posts
1022 upvotes
gman wrote:
Mar 12th, 2011 4:42 pm
I buy my most of clothes from Costco, pants, jackets, socks, underwear, etc. I have not bought any kirkland brand clothes though.

I wear Kirkland brand jeans, and I find them quite good, comfortable and moderately durable. I'm sure they're made in some sort of Chinese orphanage, but I try not to think about it.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3320 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
All my work shirts are Kirkland shirts. High-end tailored shirts aside, I think the Kirkland stuff is the best value on the market, just as good quality (sometimes better) as what you get at The Bay or mid-range stores.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
184 upvotes
Surrey
redflag5050 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2011 4:36 pm

I just bought a number of shirts - combination of kirkland dress shirts and some name brands. They all look pretty decent, and the advantage is that if it turns out to be crap, I can take 'em back.
Feb 10, 2009
655 posts
20 upvotes
My mom bought me a pair of Kirkland brand Uggs. They are a shoe in for the original, just without the Ugg label in the back. Noone I know knows they are knockoffs. At 40 bucks a pair, I'm ok with them.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
184 upvotes
Surrey
aggronieszka wrote:
Mar 12th, 2011 10:57 pm
My mom bought me a pair of Kirkland brand Uggs. They are a shoe in for the original, just without the Ugg label in the back. Noone I know knows they are knockoffs. At 40 bucks a pair, I'm ok with them.

:lol: Your mummy buys you clothes? :lol:

Just hasslin' ya. :-)

Just so you know, 'Ugg' boots are the style, although here in North America the name is also a brand. IIRC, the name of the boot came out long before the brand, so you don't have knockoffs at all.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2008
9782 posts
440 upvotes
I have a few items which have served me well, not kirkland brand though. Warm down filled winter jacket (made by sorel) which was a steal IMO at less than $90 on clearance.
Feb 9, 2010
159 posts
68 upvotes
Aurora
Their mens shirts are really good( for the price), we used to gets shirts for 30-40 bucks each from Bay or so and now have gotten a few from Costco and the quality is quite good.
Feb 10, 2009
655 posts
20 upvotes
iamnotamerican.com wrote:
Mar 13th, 2011 1:12 am
:lol: Your mummy buys you clothes? :lol:

Heck yeah! I may be a chick, but my god I hate clothes shopping. My mom and my sister do most of my clothes shopping for me. They're the best :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
5415 posts
381 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Manatus wrote:
Mar 12th, 2011 6:15 pm
All my work shirts are Kirkland shirts. High-end tailored shirts aside, I think the Kirkland stuff is the best value on the market, just as good quality (sometimes better) as what you get at The Bay or mid-range stores.

+1. The shirts are awesome. The quality is as good as shirts I buy 3 times more expensive from brand name stores.

I almost buy exclusively from Costco for clothes nowadays since I am too lazy to go to actual stores. I find that the Kirkland stuff as good as good brand name ones if not better, at fraction of the price as elsewhere for similar stuff. Plus returning is a breeze if you find that you don't want it later.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2481 posts
129 upvotes
York
The majority of my pants come from Costco. I've yet to be disappointed. Also I don't know the material name but those 'coolmax' shirts, the ones with that material that dries faster than others, are of top quality (and cheap price) as well. Actually when I want clothes it never really crosses my mind to go anywhere else first.
Sep 12, 2006
65 posts
12 upvotes
Kirkland brand men's dress socks are excellent, almost indestructible and hold their shape and colour really well.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6224 posts
84 upvotes
TCWeasel wrote:
Mar 12th, 2011 4:51 pm
I wear Kirkland brand jeans, and I find them quite good, comfortable and moderately durable. I'm sure they're made in some sort of Chinese orphanage, but I try not to think about it.

Read the labels, they've got quite a bunch of stuff that's made in Canada. Their jeans used to (are still?) be made in Canada.
Mar 8, 2011
8 posts
7 upvotes
ontario
I usually buy my clothes from Costco. Their Kirkland brand jeans are great. Only problem I have had is finding the correct size for good items as the Medium and Large tend to sell fast and they are left with XL or XS. The other thing is to keep your receipts as they sometimes drop their prices within 2 months for the same item. They most of the time honor the price difference.
× < >