• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2019 4:21 pm
[OP]
Dec 29, 2012
575 posts
126 upvotes
Scarborough

Costco clothing - post good and bad finds

I want to start a thread about clothes/shoes at Costco for anyone to update with their good finds and also bad ones. I'll start:

1. Oct 31: - ordered the Bula thermal top and pants for ladies online, and received them - seem to be much better quality than the Cdntire Wind River ones.
- none of their gloves in the store fit me, are my fingers too short?
- Parasuco pants for work are stretchy, have mock zip and don't crease, so I love these - but had to buy a size larger than normal
2. If you found any good warm black leggings that one can wear to the office, please post here.
3. BC Clothing fleece zip hoodie for men bought last year is super warm, but zip is erratic and wimpy (will not buy again)
21 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7268 posts
1500 upvotes
Mississauga
I bought NIcole Miller leggings, two in a pack for $16.99. Not bad quality and great price.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
3416 posts
2984 upvotes
Vancouver
100% Merino wool long sleeve T shirts. Super warm and comfy, and look good under a sports jacket or blazer. Cheap, something like $25.
18% = GTA residents as a proportion of Canada's total population
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts something location specific, without giving a location

Were you hit with surprise customs/import fees on an Amazon.ca purchase?
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12008 posts
1759 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Kiraly wrote:
Nov 10th, 2018 2:15 pm
100% Merino wool long sleeve T shirts. Super warm and comfy, and look good under a sports jacket or blazer. Cheap, something like $25.
What brand r these, what do they look like (solid colours?), r they thin or thick?
De gustibus non est disputandum
Jul 6, 2008
787 posts
177 upvotes
London
Costco had Ben Sherman shirts and pants.. they are nice... but I think they are "made for costco"
[OP]
Dec 29, 2012
575 posts
126 upvotes
Scarborough
Anyone seen "insulated pants" at Costco? All other brands seem to be $150+.
Feb 16, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
There are puma sweat pants and sweatshirts right now that are like 15$
Dec 7, 2009
243 posts
101 upvotes
burbs
Catnippy wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 11:34 am
Pants as in jeans? They do have insulated jeans for about $25 or so. Might vary by location.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
4198 posts
1144 upvotes
Debtario
I like the made in Canada Bula 2 pack merino wool toques and beanies. I've also seen Bench hats but they were loose fit and loose knit, not as warm.

Costco Uggs seem to be a "Costco special", the quality is not there - made in China, doesn't even say Australia on the back. Seems to be almost identical to the Kirkland "short shearling boots" with a cheap ugg brand patch at the back.

Catnippy wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 11:34 am
They have BC Clothing insulated cargo pants for around $25, basically a pair of long johns sewn in to the pants. Not sure how much insulation you need, but they've worked well for me shoveling snow in -20+ temps last year. They also have sunice snow pants as well that seem to be good quality.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
1849 posts
595 upvotes
B.C.
I like the latest generation of dress shirts. They're basically identical in build and design to the ones at Marks Work Warehouse but at 1/3 the price.

I don't like that they only have one 2XL shirt per box though.
Jul 6, 2008
787 posts
177 upvotes
London
ericlewis91 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2018 3:29 pm
Costco had Ben Sherman shirts and pants.. they are nice... but I think they are "made for costco"
update: pants are awful, they wash and are so so wrinkly :(
Mar 13, 2017
12 posts
-paradox base layers, 4 years old and still going strong
-bought a bula facemask for skiing (still haven't tested it)
-bought birkenstocks 2 years ago, still going strong
-anything karbon I tend to scoop up, my fav techwear
-bought 3 adidas gym shorts 5 years ago, still holding up
-kirkland underwear for regular use, adidas underwear for sport/sweat activities
-kirkland merino socks :)
[OP]
Dec 29, 2012
575 posts
126 upvotes
Scarborough
Agree with the Paradox base layers! The Bula ones are super warm but don't appear to last as long.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
3416 posts
2984 upvotes
Vancouver
Becks wrote:
Nov 12th, 2018 2:55 pm
What brand r these, what do they look like (solid colours?), r they thin or thick?
[Merino wool long sleeve T shirts] Cloudveil. Thin, like T shirt cotton. Have a look here: https://www.costco.ca/Cloudveil-Merino- ... 66520.html
18% = GTA residents as a proportion of Canada's total population
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts something location specific, without giving a location

Were you hit with surprise customs/import fees on an Amazon.ca purchase?