Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2007
1006 posts
37 upvotes

Costco.com order from Canada...

I want to order a small item from Costco.com (It's an Eye-fi SD camera card) but I am a Costco.ca member and live in BC. The item is only available online at Costco.com
Does anyone know if I can order it with my Canadian credit card? I did try to sign in to costco.com but needed a US address so no joy there,
Can I purchase a gift card and use that. If so, do I have to purchase the gift card in the US?
Also I have heard about using a box number for delivery just across the border. Maybe Blaine? Has anyone done this before and is it all legal?
What about declaring the tax (Item is $99 plus tax)
I have searched for Eye fi in Canada and the US but can only find 2G eye-fi cards and I want the 4G anniversary edition. Also the price for the 2G is the same as Costco's 4G price!
Any help with any part of this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2008
4895 posts
823 upvotes
BC
boubouq wrote:
Nov 17th, 2008 9:09 pm
I want to order a small item from Costco.com (It's an Eye-fi SD camera card) but I am a Costco.ca member and live in BC. The item is only available online at Costco.com
Does anyone know if I can order it with my Canadian credit card? I did try to sign in to costco.com but needed a US address so no joy there,
Can I purchase a gift card and use that. If so, do I have to purchase the gift card in the US?
Also I have heard about using a box number for delivery just across the border. Maybe Blaine? Has anyone done this before and is it all legal?
What about declaring the tax (Item is $99 plus tax)
I have searched for Eye fi in Canada and the US but can only find 2G eye-fi cards and I want the 4G anniversary edition. Also the price for the 2G is the same as Costco's 4G price!
Any help with any part of this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Check out p2pparcel.com in Point Roberts.
Use their address as an extra shipping address in your costco.ca profile.
Order the SD card, pay with your Cdn, credit card, and use your US address for shipping.
Drive down to Diefenbaker Park in Tsawwassen. Park the car and walk over the border with your dog (with rabies cert.), pick up package, pay $2.75 fee, register for future USPS deliveries, walk back to customs, declare the $99USD, and expect to pay GST + PST but no duty. If they wave you through, consider it a bonus.
If there is not much traffic lined up, by all means drive through, gas up, and buy groceries at the International Market.
But the first option is healthier, and the dog will appreciate it.
All legal, and many people do it regularly.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2007
1006 posts
37 upvotes
Thanks so much.
I always wondered if this was possible and legit!
I am going to give it a try. Thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2007
1006 posts
37 upvotes
macnut wrote:
Nov 17th, 2008 10:41 pm
Check out p2pparcel.com in Point Roberts.
Use their address as an extra shipping address in your costco.ca profile.
Order the SD card, pay with your Cdn, credit card, and use your US address for shipping.
Drive down to Diefenbaker Park in Tsawwassen. Park the car and walk over the border with your dog (with rabies cert.), pick up package, pay $2.75 fee, register for future USPS deliveries, walk back to customs, declare the $99USD, and expect to pay GST + PST but no duty. If they wave you through, consider it a bonus.
If there is not much traffic lined up, by all means drive through, gas up, and buy groceries at the International Market.
But the first option is healthier, and the dog will appreciate it.
All legal, and many people do it regularly.
On Costco.com I am unable to have a different address on the billing address as it has to be my usual address for credit card payment (and it will not let me choose a Canadian province as the drop down menu only has US states)
Same on Costco.ca but only Canadian Provinces can be added. So I was unable to add any.
Has anyone managed to get around this with giftcards or any other way?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2007
1006 posts
37 upvotes
Anyone else tried to purchase from Costco US?
May 4, 2006
227 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
Does anybody know a secure way to buy an item from costco.com and have it shipped in Niagara/Buffalo area? I do not have an US shipping address...
I am in GTA. I found a Saeco espresso machine at Costco.com for $399 and same (or very similar) machine at Costco store Yorkdale Mall area for $699.
The difference in price is insane.
I tried to discuss at costco.com, but they repeat that I need a shipping address in US, and same address on my CC that I use for the purchase. At yorkdale costco they say it is impossible for us, as Canadians, to buy from costco.com, unless we have address and CC in US.
I would use the Gift Card idea (buy GC here and pay online with GC), but I have no idea how to pass the issue with shipping address...
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
1482 posts
152 upvotes
boubouq wrote:
Nov 21st, 2008 1:03 pm
Anyone else tried to purchase from Costco US?

I've made purchases from Costco.com and had them shipped to a shipping outlet in Montana. I used my Canadian Credit Card but I did call my credit card beforehand and had them add the shipping outlet address as a billing address to the card. I had to do this because Costco.com can not use a Canadian billing address in their system (even if you call in they can not override the system and it wants only American billing addresses.) You can purchase a Costco Card in a Canadian store and use that to pay for the purchase.

One other to keep in mind is that people here on RFD have been reporting that Costco.com has blacklisted a lot of the "shipping outlet" or parcel holding places that Canadians use to ship parcels to. If this is the case Costco may cancel your order if it is being shipped to a blacklisted address. I made my last order on Costco.com right around the time that people started to complain about Costco.com orders being cancelled. I haven't tried an order myself recently.
May 4, 2006
227 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
calgaryhhr wrote:
Nov 28th, 2011 5:20 pm
I've made purchases from Costco.com and had them shipped to a shipping outlet in Montana. I used my Canadian Credit Card but I did call my credit card beforehand and had them add the shipping outlet address as a billing address to the card. I had to do this because Costco.com can not use a Canadian billing address in their system (even if you call in they can not override the system and it wants only American billing addresses.) You can purchase a Costco Card in a Canadian store and use that to pay for the purchase.

One other to keep in mind is that people here on RFD have been reporting that Costco.com has blacklisted a lot of the "shipping outlet" or parcel holding places that Canadians use to ship parcels to. If this is the case Costco may cancel your order if it is being shipped to a blacklisted address. I made my last order on Costco.com right around the time that people started to complain about Costco.com orders being cancelled. I haven't tried an order myself recently.

thank you. I just tried to buy it and have it shipped to an address in Niagara:
3909 Witmer Road
Niagara Falls
NY 14305
I used a Costco cash card.
They canceled my order...
Does anybody know an address close to Niagara that is not blacklisted by Costco.com?
Oct 30, 2009
10 posts
I am interested in buying from Costco.com. Anyone figured it out?
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2252 posts
465 upvotes
Lethbridge
Bumping this thread in the hopes someone has had success recently.

I have looked everywhere for the same, or an equivalent to a 7-pc counter-height dining set they have on their website (it has a leaf that folds over + hides under the table instead of having to remove it). No one local has anything & the cost to get something even close is like $3-4k in Calgary – That’s a bit much of a pricing difference given it’s all of ~$1100 on their website.

I’m going to try to add the drop ship I use in Montana to my Amex (same one as HHR was taking about there) & give it a go before the weekend here...That’s really my only hope since I don’t have anyone I know anywhere near the border & I already called corporate & there’s no way they will deliver to store.

If not, I may have to pick a random house # in Shelby/Great Falls and just sit there waiting for the delivery truck, rofl.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
2693 posts
292 upvotes
Alberta
You cannot buy from Costco.com. They will not ship to canada bercause they have the Costco.ca website.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2252 posts
465 upvotes
Lethbridge
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2011 11:33 pm
You cannot buy from Costco.com. They will not ship to canada bercause they have the Costco.ca website.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
34301 posts
6253 upvotes
are all orders to cbiusa being cancelled by costco.com now?
× < >