• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2018 11:36 am
Tags:
None
Jun 4, 2015
35 posts
8 upvotes
I work for Costco.com at the Canadian HQ and I see this a lot

If you’re a Canadian member you can buy from.com. Shipping address has to be a valid residential U.S address. So if you’re a snowbird use your condo address. If you don’t have an acquaintance who will accept the package for you, you’re out of luck. Costco has blocked freight forwarded addresses or the the address of companies such as atlascargo.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2198 posts
1638 upvotes
Vancouver
macnut wrote:
Nov 17th, 2008 10:41 pm
buy groceries at the International Market.
In Point Roberts? That place is expensive. Other than liquor I haven't seen anything for sale there that's cheaper than in Canada. What am I missing?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
5498 posts
1212 upvotes
BC
Kiraly wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 1:22 pm
.... What am I missing?
That I wrote that over 9 years ago?

But even with the current exchange rate I am sure there are deals to be had on milk, butter, cheese, beer and some fruit and veg. (at least they give you guides on what can cross the border).
Agree that packaged goods can be more expensive than ours anywhere in the states irrespective of currency.
Just need to look for the odd exceptions.
Apr 25, 2011
9 posts
3 upvotes
YVR
AlyssiaP161592 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 10:56 am

If you’re a Canadian member you can buy from.com. Shipping address has to be a valid residential U.S address. So if you’re a snowbird use your condo address. If you don’t have an acquaintance who will accept the package for you, you’re out of luck. Costco has blocked freight forwarded addresses or the the address of companies such as atlascargo.
Can I use same login or need to create new one for costco.com?
Tried and didn't login, when I wanted to create new with same email:
"The e-mail address you have chosen is already in use. Please choose a different e-mail address."
Sep 18, 2003
161 posts
7 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
What shipping receiver did you use? I had one that was working, but my orders have started being cancelled.
Oct 7, 2008
988 posts
168 upvotes
AlyssiaP161592 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 10:56 am

Even if you're a snowbird with a US residential address, US issued CC card, US costco membership etc.. they may still not ship it if they decide you have not been at that address long enough. How do they know or decide what is long enough? No idea. Support said maybe in a few months, the snow might be gone by that time as so may you. But they wont send you anything until they feel like it.
Feb 11, 2018
646 posts
476 upvotes
I would appreciate if someone from Costco could explain to me why they make it so difficult. Are Canadians customers not worth as much as American customers?
Paying less is only half the equation. The other half is buying less... ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
2192 posts
57 upvotes
I haven't had any issues buying from .com with my Canadian credit cards, shipped to Niagara mailbox
Feb 11, 2018
646 posts
476 upvotes
express.items wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 12:40 am
I haven't had any issues buying from .com with my Canadian credit cards, shipped to Niagara mailbox
How long ago was that?
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
2192 posts
57 upvotes
TomLafinsky wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 2:32 am
How long ago was that?
A couple years ago :(

Can use a US credit card with US billing though - RBC/TD cross border?

I have used my Canadian Costco MasterCard in a US Costco store (they only accept VISA).
Feb 11, 2018
646 posts
476 upvotes
express.items wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 9:58 am
A couple years ago :(
Things have changed since then. You wouldn't be able to do that today.