• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2011 4:21 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 25, 2006
146 posts
11 upvotes

[Costco] Costco: Contigo Extreme Travel Mugs - 2 for $22.79

Costco is selling a 2 pack on Contigo Extreme Travel Mugs for $22.79 ($11.40 each!)

I've read crazy reviews from people who ride motorcycles to work. They fill these up with their morning coffee and throw them in their backpack with no spills!

[rfdlink=4]Amazon.com[/rfdlink] sells them for $17.00 each.

Check out the reviews at [rfdlink=3]Amazon[/rfdlink]: http://www.amazon.com/Contigo-Extreme-I ... B000FE7VEO

Here is some more product info: http://www.gocontigo.com/catalog;catalo ... 81e26.html

I only just bought mine but a quick test showed they are as good as they appear!! Package states they keep beverages hot for 4 hours and cold for 12
151 replies
Aug 10, 2005
494 posts
15 upvotes
Chatham
thanks i'll be getting this
from amazon
"After speaking with Contigo I found that there are indeed two versions. Most retailers opt to sell the lower quality Foam insulated mug. According to Contigo the only retailer currently selling the vacuum insulated mug is Costco (and a few ebay resellers)"
Jan 6, 2007
307 posts
19 upvotes
bought them last year for about 17$. One of the 2 mugs comes with a handle/clip. Great product to keep your beverage hot. They smell coffee now but that's all I ever put in there
Oct 6, 2007
317 posts
3 upvotes
these are awesome mugs - LNT sells them for $24.99 each
They also seal so tight sometimes you can't get the top open! I haven't attempted to toss one in my bag full - just in case but they never leak coffee remains out at the end of the day
:cheesygri Choose the ultimate PC upgrade. Get a Mac.
Banned
Apr 18, 2008
25 posts
North Scarborough/Ma…
Buy this same mug at dollar stores, don't cost more than $2 there. Way way too much for coffee mug. Visit dollar store will be cheaper.
Apr 24, 2007
481 posts
9 upvotes
in the packageat costco, does it come with both mugs having arms or no arms? or one of each?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
1783 posts
31 upvotes
Prapa Sittampalam wrote:
Oct 27th, 2008 1:53 am
Buy this same mug at dollar stores, don't cost more than $2 there. Way way too much for coffee mug. Visit dollar store will be cheaper.
While I don't use a coffee mug myself, just one spill over some documents/in a car/on your lap/etc with that $1 coffee mug and the contigo will start looking like a real solid investment.
Yes I use Zoomer :lol:
Sep 24, 2008
234 posts
33 upvotes
Oakville
dimlight wrote:
Oct 27th, 2008 2:05 am
in the packageat costco, does it come with both mugs having arms or no arms? or one of each?
The Costco pkg comes with one mug with arm and one without. It comes in 3 colours that I could find - stainless steel, brown and dark blue...both mugs are the same colour.
Nov 27, 2004
393 posts
26 upvotes
Cantley
I bought two last year and they work great. As I lost one I will be looking for a replacement set at my local Costco.

To remove stains and odour just add 2 teaspoons of baking soda to boiling water, put the lid on loosely and let sit over night. Rinse it out the next day, rub a quick bottle brush around the inside, and the mugs will look as good as new.
Oct 18, 2007
93 posts
3 upvotes
Winnipeg
Are they dishwasher-safe? My Starbucks stainless tumbler is, and it took forever to find it. Most of these mugs are labeled 'hand-wash only'.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7554 posts
149 upvotes
some may know, but these mugs first appeared and branded as Starbucks mugs quite awhile ago...maybe 4 or 5 years...
got one back them and it's been great. wife lost her original one from starbucks so we got the ones from costco.

if they are the same, it is dishwasher safe.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7554 posts
149 upvotes
Prapa Sittampalam wrote:
i'll pass on the possible lead-filled mugs you buy....
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
1627 posts
1279 upvotes
Calgary
Looks like they went up in price. I bought a pack earlier this year and they were cheaper then. Around $19 was what I paid. Still a good deal for high quality mugs though. Couple times I tipped the thing and the stopper did it's job preventing a messy hot spill.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10455 posts
1957 upvotes
Prapa Sittampalam wrote:
You obviously didn't read the first post and the reason why the OP was recommending these mugs. Throw a full dollar store mug in your bag and see what happens.
× < >