Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco - Bourne 4K movies - $12.79

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2018 6:54 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2007
2776 posts
2425 upvotes

[Costco] Costco - Bourne 4K movies - $12.79

4K UHDs of the Bourne movies are $12.79 at Costco. Great deal for some great movies in 4K.

12 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
Nice. I haven't seen any 4k movies at a Costco yet. Though I only do Hunt Club in Ottawa normally.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2011
1074 posts
479 upvotes
Edmonton
The Bourne Identity has a really bad transfer. Other two were rated higher.
It doesn't require a careful comparison to The Bourne Identity's 1080p Blu-ray counterpart (included here on disc two and simply a repress of the original disc, VC-1 encode and all; that goes for all of the four legacy Bourne films jumping to the UHD format) to notice that something's off about the movie's UHD transfer. It's insanely dreary, dull, and flat. Grain is thinned out, details are pasty, edge enhancement is obvious in places...it's hardly what anyone would reasonably expect of an A-list movie, shot on film, and released to the UHD format from a major studio, particularly when it's banking on a tie-in to a new movie's's release. Really, it's just ugly. But doing due diligence (after plenty of head-scratching but, thankfully, no retching) and comparing this UHD to the original Blu-ray does show just how radically different it looks, so much so it's almost like watching an entirely different movie. Usually, at the most basic, HDR coloring subtly enhances the palette, allowing for improved saturation and nuance. Here, the movie is practically wiped of color. It's heavily pushed towards a tired gray, with all but the most basic color washed right out. There's no vibrancy of any sort, no pop or punch. Detailing might be improved by a smidgen with the boost in resolution. Clothes look -- arguably -- a hair more refined and organic, a tad more complex on the surface, but that's about it. Faces, environments, nothing, really, appears appreciably more natural or nuanced. It's clear that Universal hasn't done anything but slap an old, dated transfer onto the UHD disc and randomly dialed up some change in contrast and called it a day. Shame.
Jun 28, 2012
83 posts
265 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Oh god, the latest Bourne was terrible.

Just pretend it doesn't exist.
Jun 15, 2010
203 posts
189 upvotes
Winnipeg
For people who are interested, a lot of 4K UHD movies are not true, 'real 4K', here's a site that tells you which ones are: http://realorfake4k.com/my-product/the- ... ollection/

For this posting, only the bad, Jason Bourne (2016) is 'Real 4K' not that I would have noticed any difference from 'fake 4k' to 'real 4k' but it's interesting to know.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2353 posts
1149 upvotes
Waterloo
Will pick up the original trilogy and pretend the latest movie didn't exist.
| Fractal Design Meshify C | LG 27GL850 (dual) | AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 FE | 32GB G.SKill Trident Z RGB | ASUS ROG Strix B450-F II | XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe | Razer Huntsman Elite | Razer Basilisk Ultimate |
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1440 posts
816 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
They only had Ultimatum at the Richmond store, had to scoop one up for $13 while shopping. There were still a handful of copies left.
Beware the RFD Effect
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
All the Bourne movies in 4K are $12.79 at Amazon.ca right now.

Enjoyed them, but not enough to double dip since I have the blu rays.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2007
2776 posts
2425 upvotes
uklamen wrote: All the Bourne movies in 4K are $12.79 at Amazon.ca right now.

Enjoyed them, but not enough to double dip since I have the blu rays.
Haha, I think we posted at the same time. What are the chances of that on an old thread? :)
Jul 13, 2011
673 posts
404 upvotes
Ottawa
torontoraptor wrote: Will pick up the original trilogy and pretend the latest movie didn't exist.
I do the same with Indiana Jones.

Honestly I found that the Jeremy Renner Film was better than "Jason Bourne", they really missed the mark on the last one.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
Duuuuude wrote: Haha, I think we posted at the same time. What are the chances of that on an old thread? :)
Just goes to show we are responsible posters and do a search before creating a new thread!

Im guessing you use blu-ray.com to see price changes also?
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2007
2776 posts
2425 upvotes
uklamen wrote: Just goes to show we are responsible posters and do a search before creating a new thread!

Im guessing you use blu-ray.com to see price changes also?
I actually had a bunch of them in my Amazon cart and just happened to check and notice all the price drops there, hahaha. I will have to look unto blu-ray.com's price changes! Thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)