Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

[Costco.ca] Black Friday - APPLIANCES

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2016 7:11 pm
Aug 13, 2008
461 posts
57 upvotes
corycoop wrote: The recall process gives you a choice of an in-home repair of my old machine, which I'm not sure I trust, or an amount offered by Samsung toward the purchase of a new machine. The amount depends on how old your machine was, and you also get a bonus $150 if you stay with Samsung. They call it a loyalty bonus :), and they've offered me $445 in total if I saw with Samsung.

There is a form they email you that you have to send in to them once you have purchased your new machine. You need to take the two serial number stickers off the old machine, and attach it to the form. You also need to write in the model and serial number of the new machine you buy. So, they only refund you once you've already made your purchase. On the form, it also has you certify that you've properly disposed of your old, recalled washer so I'm hesitant to just drop it on the curb for large recycling day.

I do see that Best Buy actually has the same washer for $30 less, and they charge a $30 recycling fee to haul away the old machine. I called Costco.ca customer service and they said they don't offer a haul away service. Which, according to the form I just re-read, Samsung will also reimburse, up to $30. So, it's really a question of Costco's 2 year warranty vs. $30 cheaper and they'll haul it away at Best Buy. Since my credit card will also double Samsung's 1 year warranty, I suppose my decision is made...

Thanks for the feedback.
thanks for the details.
which Samsung washer did you end up getting- top 0r front load?
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1148 posts
390 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks!
Shaner wrote: Honestly, it appears the prices are all the same no matter where you look. It might vary by $5 or so, but that's about it. I looked at Lowes, Home Depot, Best Buy. Many times I just use the Google shopping search to see what comes up, but the prices are always the same.

I have Lowes gift cards so I just bought a gas range from lowes.com and used the in store pickup option. Gift cards work for either lowes.com or lowes.ca and they give you a favourable exchange rate. I didn't find any good Black Friday deals on any gas ranges.
Слава Україні!