Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Charging Essentials Wi-Fi Smart Plug x 2 $18.99/Smart Dimmer Switch x 2 $39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2020 5:40 pm
Jan 5, 2007
216 posts
63 upvotes
rdfnewbe wrote: Has anyone seen the dimmer switches in Ottawa stores?
The Barrhaven Costco has a lot of the dimmer switches. I can confirm that they work well with Google Home and Alexa. Have no had any problems so far.
Aug 11, 2018
10 posts
26 upvotes
miji2 wrote: Couldn't get them to work, as in they were not functioning once configured or could not configure them? These are just Tuya devices which seem to have support in HA, so your statement is worrisome because I'm hoping to use them in HA once I manage to find them.
These are flashable with Tasmota. Check my previous post:

costco-costco-charging-essentials-wi-fi ... #p29676547
Aug 17, 2018
1 posts
I can confirm it works, yes.
Just installed it and had it detected by Smart Life
Jun 2, 2012
81 posts
265 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Does anyone know if the light switch is 3 way switch since it has 4 wires. (Red, green, black, white)
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1412 posts
767 upvotes
Ottawa
Costco on hunt club had a lot of switches and dimmers.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2460 posts
2961 upvotes
Toronto, ON
chrisuoft wrote: None at Thorncliff Park but a ton are available at the Etobicoke location.
Thorncliff Costco is now stocked up with both power switches and light dimmers
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2018
1173 posts
759 upvotes
Zebble wrote: Was able to take the unit apart. I gently tapped on the ground terminal with a hammer. It's loose within the device, so ends up pushing up against the faceplate. Once that corner of the faceplate popped loose, I slid a credit card into the gap and around the edge. Popped apart fairly easily.

Did a pinout and was also able to flash Tasmota on it. For those interested, follow the pinout in the module pics in my previous post. Connect GND, 3V3, RX and TX on the pin headers. The "I00" pad on the back is GPIO0 which needs to be held to ground when powering up to put it into flash mode.

Pinouts:

I used the "Generic" module selection for this, as there wasn't any existing template that had similar pinouts.

GPIO12: relay
GPIO13: button
GPIO04: LED1 of 2-colour LED (I used "LED1i" in Tasmota)
GPIO05: LED2 of 2-colour LED

Because neither LED1 nor LED2 are tied to GPIO12 (relay) they will not follow the state of the relay. This does make both LED's completely programmable, which is nice. Would have to add a Tasmota "rule" to have one of the LED's follow the relay state.
Great work, so that means EasyESP should also work? I am using the firmware for all my sonoff
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1838 posts
1581 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
Pretty good price, gonna grab one when I go to Costco next time
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
Forgot to post this earlier, downtown (vancouver) costco had a ton near the door on monday.
Dec 25, 2012
32 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
salescub wrote: I purchased the Dimmer Switches from Costco today but they apparently on the side it has a spot for hot,neutral, ground, and load. We have a hot ,neutral and ground in the plate
Will have to take it back if that's the case. Not sure if we can hook it up.
Hi ,for single pole wires connect should be like
Neutral(white from both of light and plug),load (black from light),hot (black from plug),ground to ground.
Jun 4, 2012
52 posts
41 upvotes
BRESLAU
Anyone knows of these also work in local mode, WiFi only no internet, like TP-link plugs HS105?
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2829 posts
1032 upvotes
Vaughan
Anyone know if the plugs can be used outside? I have a an indoor switch for an outdoor plug that I connect my Christmas lights to when in season. In the outdoor outlet I now have a Wyzecam, so the switch is always on. Would like to control the lights without affecting the security camera. Added benefit being able to shut the lights off using Google or app.

Also need a second indoor to turn on and off a water filter for a fish tank.

THX
Public Mobile $34/50GB-CAN-US/30 days
Aug 11, 2018
10 posts
26 upvotes
keshan wrote: Great work, so that means EasyESP should also work? I am using the firmware for all my sonoff
They should work just fine with EasyESP and ESPurna.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1412 posts
767 upvotes
Ottawa
These may be a stupid questions, but I disassembled my current dimmer and noticed it didn't have a neutral, but there are white wires tied together, are those the neutrals? Also, I didn't have a ground wire coming out of the electrical box, only a green screw all the way in the back, how would I install the ground? i've attached a photo, hopefully it makes sense to someone.

Picture
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2460 posts
2961 upvotes
Toronto, ON
engman13 wrote: These may be a stupid questions, but I disassembled my current dimmer and noticed it didn't have a neutral, but there are white wires tied together, are those the neutrals? Also, I didn't have a ground wire coming out of the electrical box, only a green screw all the way in the back, how would I install the ground? i've attached a photo, hopefully it makes sense to someone.

Picture
Yes, most often those two white wires capped together are neutral.

But sometimes electricians do not follow wire color codes, so best to double check yourself if you have a multimeter:

The green screw is your ground connection I believe. Does the dimmer come with a small wire? you can screw the wire in that green screw and then connect the other end to the ground slot in the dimmer.
Aug 13, 2006
981 posts
184 upvotes
Vancouver
I just got a pack of these plugs and they are way easier to setup and use than my WEMO and insignia at 1/2 the price and smaller footprints too. A winner to me, gonna buy more.
Don't worry about how much you SPEND , it's how much you SAVE that matters.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2018
1173 posts
759 upvotes
Zebble wrote: They should work just fine with EasyESP and ESPurna.
so does the dim function works for you with your "new" firmware? or it will just become an on/off switch.
I don't recall any of these firmware has a dim function, but I could be wrong.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)