Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] [Costco East] (Brossard + Candiac + Sherbrooke + Boisbriand) July 09 to July 15, 2018...

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2018 9:11 am
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2006
1139 posts
410 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Fjällräven Kånken is pretty hot at $67.99 they sell for $100 every where else and rarely discounted.
May 5, 2007
862 posts
121 upvotes
inferno_gn wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 3:43 pm
Hi there,

I do have one question, does Costco glasses are pretty good? I need a new pair of glasses. Also, never buy from New Look again. Good promotion, bad product and after services...

Ju Leon...
I have bought them there for myself and family members, and service and quality are what you'd expect from Costco, and their prices were quite a bit lower than other B&Ms nearby. I would easily recommend them.

I also use goggles4u online however. At first I tried them out to have a second pair around, as I was unsure about buying glasses online. If you can wait 2 or 3 weeks, they're unbeatable. Their customer service has been helpful and quick as well. And the prices are ridiculously low in comparison to shopping instore. Good luck!
Dec 26, 2011
43 posts
33 upvotes
Fredericton
My wife and I are both quite happy with our Costco glasses.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
28582 posts
3926 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
inferno_gn wrote:
I do have one question, does Costco glasses are pretty good? I need a new pair of glasses.
Price is good, selection is limited.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2004
8991 posts
73299 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

The glasses I wear from New Look simply split at the joint part while wearing them. Cost like 35$ to fix but I won't have my glasses for a week. Replacement is 115$, but no warranty and I know this glasses will split apart again down the line. The frame is a POS. *lol* Uh, service is only good when you buy, but after it is all downhill. Last time I'm buying there...

Yeah, I'll check it out on my next trip. Thanks for everyone opinions for Costco eyewear.

Ju Leon...
Feb 9, 2015
66 posts
74 upvotes
Montreal, QC
inferno_gn wrote:
Hi there,

I do have one question, does Costco glasses are pretty good? I need a new pair of glasses. Also, never buy from New Look again. Good promotion, bad product and after services...

Ju Leon...
Glasses i bought are good, but a friend of mine had some issues - returned to the warehouse and in few hours got her new no-issue pair. Plus they are ~200$ for same thing i paid over 500 at another store.
Last edited by Avgusta on Jul 14th, 2018 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 15, 2009
108 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa
Make sure you get a good optician, get a reference if possible. A bad optician at the Gloucester location sold me a pair that was too small for my face and it just didn't work. Not all opticians know what they are doing.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1416 posts
453 upvotes
Quebec
I have to pay 500$ because my GF is a princess and she wants me to wear small glasses that Costco doesn’t carry

And my prescription is so annoying for online sites
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2004
8991 posts
73299 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

I wonder the frames are the same for all stores or it varies?

Ju Leon...
Nov 25, 2016
81 posts
30 upvotes
Did the Huggies diapers go on sale recently? I thought they usually go on sale late June, but I haven't seen anything the last month. Did I miss it?
Mar 27, 2010
400 posts
74 upvotes
Montreal
inferno_gn wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 4:06 pm
Hi there,

Ju Leon...
I've bought a few pairs over the last few years - Bridge/Laval. I am sure inventory varies per store per week.
I need wide frames (59-60), so the selection is rather limited. If you need standard sized frames, you'll have a much wider selection for sure.
Nov 14, 2006
68 posts
42 upvotes
Montreal
inferno_gn wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 4:06 pm
Hi there,

Ju Leon...
I recently bought my first pair of glasses form Costco Pte Clair. My previous 3 pairs were from Lens Crafters. At best discount, 40%off I think, my glasses (frame+hi-index progressive lens with AR coatings) were well over $650 three years ago. My new pair with equivalent stuff : Titanium frame + hi index lens with coatings was about $450 at Costco.

I shop for frame first when I buy a new pair of glasses since lens are mostly 3rd party offering with equivalent hi index but different in price only. So when I visited Pte Claire and Vaudreuil warehouses, the frame offering was the same ( I was looking for wide 60mm frames). My only issue is how long I have to wait to be served even for just fit adjustment after few days of wear. The opticians are less experienced at Costco and are not as skilled at fitting the glasses - for progrssive lens wearer with 3 focuses/levels, this is important. So I would say the tradeoff to better price at Costco is less experienced personnel and longer wait for service. I know there are better prices out there online but I rely on my glasses 100% of the time, with difficult prescription, I would not want to buy lower cost glasses if they can not be serviced “quickly”. I would buy from Costco again so long as I can find the frame I like there.

Good luck with your replacement glasses shopping.
Nov 26, 2012
19 posts
26 upvotes
Gatineau
inferno_gn wrote:
Hi there,

Ju Leon...
I have bought my glasses there only since my first pair in the mid-nineties, they are of excellent quality and at a great price. Like everything else at Costco, the model selection is limited and not too fancy, but I always found a model that would look good.

Their service is also excellent, when I needed new nose pads; they changed them, tightened every screws and re-align them at no cost.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7275 posts
787 upvotes
GTA
inferno_gn wrote:
Hi there,

Ju Leon...
We've gotten them there for a while with no problems. If you have the executive membership buying glasses counts toward the 2% reward (at least for Ontario) which is an added bonus if you have benefits. Around us, they always have $50 off if you buy 2 pair but they occasionally have in the weekly savings $75 off for 2 pair which I think they offered in the last month or so.
Mikaelali wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 4:09 pm
Did the Huggies diapers go on sale recently? I thought they usually go on sale late June, but I haven't seen anything the last month. Did I miss it?
The last I personally remember was mid-April. If it hasn't happened more recently than that they'll probably be on sale again soon.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
2322 posts
9452 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
Boisbriand Part 1
IMG_2406.JPG
IMG_2407.JPG
IMG_2408.JPG
IMG_2409.JPG
IMG_2410.JPG
IMG_2414.JPG
IMG_2416.JPG
IMG_2417.JPG
IMG_2418.JPG
IMG_2420.JPG
IMG_2421.JPG
IMG_2422.JPG
IMG_2423.JPG
IMG_2424.JPG
IMG_2425.JPG
IMG_2426.JPG
IMG_2427.JPG
IMG_2428.JPG
IMG_2429.JPG
IMG_2430.JPG
Rogers Unlimited Province, 7gb $39/month! Thanks RFD!!