Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] [Costco East] (Brossard + Candiac + Sherbrooke + Boisbriand) Nov 06 to Nov 12, 2017 (WARNING 165+ Pics!)...

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2017 10:25 am
Nov 26, 2012
7 posts
21 upvotes
Gatineau
inferno_gn wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 2:35 pm
Hi there,

Personal note log...

Alright, I really need help finding a car. :( So if you spot something interesting, let me know.
Many thanks for those who need to be thanked.

Also, Bonjour! for the groups from Facebook that visit this thread every week. Somehow, I found out that this thread is pretty famous on there. *lol*

Please wait until I post this message before posting any comments!

Thanks for waiting until I finish my post before replying. Using the RFD Upload method takes me 3 times longer to do this...

Ju Leon...
You should start a Go fund me page and everybody who enjoy your dedicated weekly Costco report would chip in to get you a small car and camera.

https://www.gofundme.com
Nov 19, 2008
52 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal
inferno_gn wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 2:35 pm
Alright, I really need help finding a car. :( So if you spot something interesting, let me know.
If you start a GoFundMe page, I'll kick in some cash. I'm sure the good folks that you help each week would too.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4102 posts
554 upvotes
Any idea when the Ferrero Rocher goes on sale? I think it's listed at $15.99 now, usually they discount like $3.
Nov 26, 2015
457 posts
204 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
flafson wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 11:20 pm
Any idea when the Ferrero Rocher goes on sale? I think it's listed at $15.99 now, usually they discount like $3.
For Ontario it was on sale about 3-4 weeks ago.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6650 posts
487 upvotes
Toronto
mtlmonk wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 2:27 pm
Do not buy the Greenspan pan...I bought the wok and it sticks a lot!
VERY common with ceramic non stick, especially when the pan is used with oils (butter, canola, margarine). Super easy to fix, go buy a product called "Bar Keepers Friend", use some on a sponge and the pan will be brand new again.... Lots of info online about how to maintain ceramic non-stick, it needs a little more attention than teflon.
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1058 posts
357 upvotes
Laval
cwb27 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 9:36 am
VERY common with ceramic non stick, especially when the pan is used with oils (butter, canola, margarine). Super easy to fix, go buy a product called "Bar Keepers Friend", use some on a sponge and the pan will be brand new again.... Lots of info online about how to maintain ceramic non-stick, it needs a little more attention than teflon.
If not used with oils...how do you cook your food with...won't it stick even more?

I know of bar keepers friend but my idea was to buy a pan with less maintenance

what are the advantages of ceramic cooking over teflon?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6650 posts
487 upvotes
Toronto
mtlmonk wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 9:40 am
If not used with oils...how do you cook your food with...won't it stick even more?

I know of bar keepers friend but my idea was to buy a pan with less maintenance

what are the advantages of ceramic cooking over teflon?
Oil can definitely be used in the pan, you just may need to clean it with the Bar Keepers Friend every few uses.

FWIW, I've cooked eggs in my Green Pans with no oil and no sticking, but if I use oil a couple times, then try to cook eggs, they'll stick horribly until I give the pans a good cleaning.

There's a few reasons why Green Pans are preferred over Teflon...
- You're not supposed to expose teflon cookware to high heat, apparently it can cause the coating to fail prematurely. Ceramic this is a non-issue
- You can't really 'brown' things with a teflon pan, the coating just don't allow for it in terms of how the food being cooked contacts the surface of the pan. Stuff browns great in Green Pans.
- Some people believe the use of teflon is dangerous (though there is no firm, peer reviewed science to back this up).
- Teflon scratches off super easily, ceramic will definitely scratch as well, but it's less delicate
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
1919 posts
859 upvotes
Montreal
vinnie1990 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 4:45 pm
it was $45. Been eyeing it, but I've read some bad reviews and some of the people in my neibourhood bought it...
What bad reviews have you seen? I'm a bit concerned about the open bottom and exposed LED inside, although I suppose if anything fails it'll be the electronics inside.

Don't think any of my immediate neighbors have it so I'm good on that account lol.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2004
8128 posts
50334 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

One, it's not allowed here on RFD and two, I did tried it once for a while, I didn't even get a 1$. *lol* I actually got some complaints from it for even asking. But thanks for the support...
websunny wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 10:34 pm
You should start a Go fund me page and everybody who enjoy your dedicated weekly Costco report would chip in to get you a small car and camera.

https://www.gofundme.com
jss.mailinglist wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 11:11 pm
If you start a GoFundMe page, I'll kick in some cash. I'm sure the good folks that you help each week would too.
Ju Leon...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2004
8128 posts
50334 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

It will go on sale again... Most likely at the end of the month...
flafson wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 11:20 pm
Ju Leon...
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
1945 posts
482 upvotes
Mississauga
jzmtl wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 2:39 am
What bad reviews have you seen? I'm a bit concerned about the open bottom and exposed LED inside, although I suppose if anything fails it'll be the electronics inside.

Don't think any of my immediate neighbors have it so I'm good on that account lol.
One guy said it failed on him after a few months of use, thankfully costco refunded him, but it's a pain if that happens and you can't just change the bulb... it would be horrible to have mismatched lights. Like you said, its more about the built in LED lights and electronics fail inside and can't be easily swapped or replaced.

Overall looks great. If it can hold up in Canada's weather conditions, great. Backed by costco warranty, great, but it might be a headache down the road (which no one can really review or tell)
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1021 posts
154 upvotes
Halton
bummed, we never got the boots in Ontario (that i saw in GTA) and they are already on clearance in Qc)

thanks OP and contributors!
Mar 27, 2010
20 posts
Laval, QC
Anyone know if the Kirkland baby formula is still on special?
Mar 22, 2012
132 posts
30 upvotes
BROSSARD
Those boots are ok if you go in and out of car ....useless for 10min outside... and they get wet easily..

I have back-up socks @ office in case.