Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco: Gillette Fusion Razor Cartridges 18-pack - $44.99 ($14 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2017 6:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19200 posts
121822 upvotes
GTA

[Costco] Costco: Gillette Fusion Razor Cartridges 18-pack - $44.99 ($14 off)

For those who use Gillette Fusion razors, Costco has them on sale this week. Original price for the 18-pack is $58.99, with $14 off this week, so $44.99 is the sale price. For reference, Walmart has the 12-pack on rollback and it is still $43.97, so with Costco you get 50% more for almost the same price (~$1 more than Walmart).
29 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19200 posts
121822 upvotes
GTA
sidde0 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 6:00 am
Which location?
This appears to be on sale nationwide this week.
Jun 18, 2016
23 posts
27 upvotes
Perhaps a good price, but for anyone who feels like they spend too much on razors, I urge you to check out double edged safety razors.

Get a starter set from ItalianBarber (based in Toronto) or Maggard.

I pay $8 for 100 blades from Amazon. Since I shave twice a week and use each blade 3 times, that lasts me 150 weeks or nearly 3 years. I could even use a new blade every time (only 8c each) and still only pay $8/year for shaving.
Mar 3, 2008
313 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
Just a heads up that these are the old Fusion cartridges (not proglide or proshield) which I find to be pretty harsh
Oct 4, 2010
56 posts
18 upvotes
Burlington
Just a note - if you're considering this, give the Edge Razor a try - It's a unique item to Costco I believe. The value equation is quite sharp - like the blades.
Aug 29, 2011
69 posts
17 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
MooseV2 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 9:02 am
Perhaps a good price, but for anyone who feels like they spend too much on razors, I urge you to check out double edged safety razors.

I pay $8 for 100 blades from Amazon. Since I shave twice a week and use each blade 3 times, that lasts me 150 weeks or nearly 3 years. I could even use a new blade every time (only 8c each) and still only pay $8/year for shaving.
This!! So much of this! ItalianBarber ROCKS! Buy a nice razor for 30 bucks (will last you a lifetime) and blades for 10 cents each.
Mar 13, 2017
118 posts
85 upvotes
MooseV2 wrote:

Thanks for these suggestions! I've been looking up the sets on Fendrihan for the longest time but good to know there's other options.

Too bad the Merkurs are mostly out of stock but I'll keep a lookout for restock.

Do you wet shave? - any suggestion for a decent starter badger brush?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19200 posts
121822 upvotes
GTA
MooseV2 wrote:

Well you lucky dog - I only get 1 day off per week!

I looked into DE shaving some time back, and love how cost-effective it is, but it looks like you need to be more careful/precise with that type of razor, something that I likely won't be at 6 AM in the morning. I suppose I also would have to be swapping blades a lot more often vs. these cartridges that typically last a month or more. I'm sure it doesn't take that long to do, but it's just another little annoyance in the morning scramble...
Aug 29, 2011
69 posts
17 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
Jimmydeals wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 10:24 am
Thanks for these suggestions! I've been looking up the sets on Fendrihan for the longest time but good to know there's other options.

Too bad the Merkurs are mostly out of stock but I'll keep a lookout for restock.

Do you wet shave? - any suggestion for a decent starter badger brush?
if u want a merkur, keep an eye on amazon... They go on sale all the time.

and yes i wet shave. I love it super fun hobby. Be careful tho. I started out to save money, i have spent a LOT hahahaha (the rabbit hole is deep)

Don't waste your money on a badger brush, get the big bruce from ItalianBarber for like $12. The synthetic brushes these days are amazing, and super super cheap! I have a $400 simpsons brush, my $10 synth blows its doors off.

we have a fb group (canadian wet shavers) if you wanna join
Mar 13, 2017
118 posts
85 upvotes
mixxfixx wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 10:42 am
if u want a merkur, keep an eye on amazon... They go on sale all the time.

and yes i wet shave. I love it super fun hobby. Be careful tho. I started out to save money, i have spent a LOT hahahaha (the rabbit hole is deep)

Don't waste your money on a badger brush, get the big bruce from ItalianBarber for like $12. The synthetic brushes these days are amazing, and super super cheap! I have a $400 simpsons brush, my $10 synth blows its doors off.

we have a fb group (canadian wet shavers) if you wanna join
Awesome! Thanks for the info - that bigbruce does look interesting.
I've used a bunch of store bought (Gillette) brushes that feel like plastic prongs poking your face and they don't lather up whatsoever.

Definitely going to look into the FB group.

I've heard good things about the Merkur 34C for a starter so that's why I'm looking at that. Will keep an eye out on Amazon.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13484 posts
3360 upvotes
Toronto
Bah, bought last week, does costco do price adjustments?
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Oct 27, 2017
5 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga, ON
Why dont you guy's try DE Wet Shaving instead of paying these insane razor blade prices!? I've literally saved hunders of dollars each year on my de razor blades. Just my 2 cents.
Last edited by bugmenotagain on Nov 6th, 2017 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.