Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco Haier 55UG6550G 55-in Chromecast 4K LED TV $449.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2018 11:01 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
aasoror wrote: Correct, everybody is fighting for a spot at the bottom of the barrel with semi-baked disposable products :) But until then, cheapo Haiers from Costco with 90 days returns, 2 years free warranty and 3 more years for $30 rules that segment of the market ;)
Begrudgingly, if you must buy in the low end 55 inch space right now. This is it.

We're in between sales cycles right now.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Aug 25, 2008
925 posts
757 upvotes
Etobicoke
Why POS?

I have the option of returning it. I guess I'd be looking at the Hisense 55" model and paying $130 ($100 price difference plus an extra $30 more for the 5 year warranty) more. Worth it? Does HDR make that much of an impact?
RFD deals:
Koodo $35 / 50 GB | PM $26 / 50 GB US/CAN | Koodo $40 / 100 GB
TCL 65R617 $625
Viewsonic VX3268 32 Inch 144Hz 1ms Monitor $280
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
redflagdealsguy wrote: Friends don't let friends buy Haier 4K TVs.

There will be more Seiki/Sharp/Hisense TVs in the $300 to $500 range, soon enough.
Agreed... considering Hisense is often on sale at $50 more, might be better off spending the extra 10 percent considering Hisense seems to have a better rep and probably are doing better considering they have Sharps naming rights still and now own Toshiba.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
Painman wrote: Why POS?

I have the option of returning it. I guess I'd be looking at the Hisense 55" model and paying $130 ($100 price difference plus an extra $30 more for the 5 year warranty) more. Worth it? Does HDR make that much of an impact?
It goes on sale a lot at $499 (also makes warranty $30). I advised you wait at least till Canada day to see if there is another sale.

HDR does make a difference on HDR content BUT note there is a huge difference between Hisense and Vizio M (full hdr) when watching HDR content. Basically it’s better than no HDR support but don’t mistake it for full HDR (Vizio M, P, Sony x900, Samsung Q, etc)
Aug 25, 2008
925 posts
757 upvotes
Etobicoke
Paigne wrote: It goes on sale a lot at $499 (also makes warranty $30). I advised you wait at least till Canada day to see if there is another sale.

HDR does make a difference on HDR content BUT note there is a huge difference between Hisense and Vizio M (full hdr) when watching HDR content. Basically it’s better than no HDR support but don’t mistake it for full HDR (Vizio M, P, Sony x900, Samsung Q, etc)
My 90 days are up just after Canada Day so I suppose I can wait a bit. A little off topic but does anyone know what Costco will do on returns without the box? My wife got a little aggressive on the recycling...
RFD deals:
Koodo $35 / 50 GB | PM $26 / 50 GB US/CAN | Koodo $40 / 100 GB
TCL 65R617 $625
Viewsonic VX3268 32 Inch 144Hz 1ms Monitor $280
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Painman wrote: My 90 days are up just after Canada Day so I suppose I can wait a bit. A little off topic but does anyone know what Costco will do on returns without the box? My wife got a little aggressive on the recycling...
I don't think you need the box, it's understandable that people won't keep a box that big around for 90 days.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
aasoror wrote: Costco management would disagree, and as well as many other RFD'ers still enjoying their cheapo units from various Costco sales and RCSS no tax events, they seem to be reliable enough for Costco to offer full 24 months warranty no questions asked and keep on restocking them since 2015.
The whole "I was going to buy it but the cashier told me everybody is returning them" is just a myth :) Costco isn't out there to lose money on unreliable products, it's not FactoryDirect where you are on your own the moment you set foot outside the store, Costco will get a hit with every single return, exchange and warranty replacement, if these are as bad as some like to convince themselves they are Costco wouldn't have carried them past first couple of batches.

Correct, everybody is fighting for a spot at the bottom of the barrel with semi-baked disposable products :) But until then, cheapo Haiers from Costco with 90 days returns, 2 years free warranty and 3 more years for $30 rules that segment of the market ;)
Sounds like problem started recently or say 12-18 months after purchase. Of course the percentage of those having problems is probably not super high given those without issues wouldn’t post and Costco did move a lot in 15/16. I doubt they sold much or at all after summer 2017 tho. Hisense seems to have replaced them at Costco (at least in store) and there seems to be more discussion on that tv (both 55 and 65) vs Haier. Again it seems the problems really started surfacing as Costco started stocking Hisense (which sold out and restock multiple times during holiday season).

Costco Richmond even moved Hisense 65” to the very front of the store, so there are signs Costco is pushing Hisense. Plus it has been on sale fairly often while I haven’t noticed any Haier in store (tho I never check sub 55” row).
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
jackass_ca wrote: I don't think you need the box, it's understandable that people won't keep a box that big around for 90 days.
You need to keep your box because manufacturers are often looking for ways to get out of warranty. I still have boxes for my ps1 lol. Also my PS3 serial number is the primary key/recovery key for my PSN (it is for most since it would be the device you made your own).

Basically it’s worthwhile to fold up any electronics box and just toss it in a pile in the garage... never know when you need it.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Paigne wrote: You need to keep your box because manufacturers are often looking for ways to get out of warranty. I still have boxes for my ps1 lol. Also my PS3 serial number is the primary key/recovery key for my PSN (it is for most since it would be the device you made your own).

Basically it’s worthwhile to fold up any electronics box and just toss it in a pile in the garage... never know when you need it.
I have my boxes for certain things, cells, etc... Anything larger than gaming system, is recycled... have returned electronics to Costco without it, and have had warranty work done on TV's without them too.
The main reason I keep tablet, cell boxes etc is only for when I resell them, buyers I find, like to get the box with the accessories etc in it.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.