• Mar 24th, 2017 4:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2006
1118 posts
41 upvotes
K-W

[Costco] Costco Light Fixtures - 18-lt chandelier 89.97 and 3 pendant LED 59.97

Just came back from Costco in Kitchener and have been keeping my eye on this light fixture for awhile. Regular price $129.99 and is now marked for clearance at $89.97. Looks really good in store and has good reviews on the US Home Depot website (HERE). Should go great in a high ceiling area like a stairwell or great room. It also comes with 9 spare bulbs too which is a nice bonus.

I also noticed that the 3 pendant LED light was marked at $59.97 but don't know original price or any info on it, so I just snapped a photo while we were heading out.
Images
55 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
1788 posts
916 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Sorry OP. I do not mean to knock your deal down or dampen your enthusiasm but that is one FUGLY 18 light fixture and hence hazard a guess why it is on clearance. Of course IMHO. As someone pointed below, taste is subjective.
Last edited by StealthFinder on Mar 15th, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 15, 2013
624 posts
241 upvotes
Brampton
I just bought a nice LED semi flush mount, I think it was called artika lucidane, for 69.99. Looks very clean and classy. My parents bought something comparable for about $200.
Dec 11, 2016
9 posts
12 upvotes
18 bulbs x 40 watt each = 720 total watts. Way too much imo. I currently use 2 led bulbs, 16 watts :P
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3523 posts
1771 upvotes
North York
StealthFinder wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 9:30 pm
Sorry OP. I do not mean to knock your deal down or dampen your enthusiasm but that is one FUGLY 18 light fixture and hence hazard a guess why it is on clearance.
look and taste are very subjective. Your taste may be not the same with OP, many other people out there including the designers, the leaders who approved the design of these light fixtures, or even the Costco managers who agreed to take on these lights.

The reasons they go on clearance at costco might have nothing to do with taste. Many items have gone on sale and clearance at costco weekly. Who are you to say all these items are so fugly they need to be on clearance.
How do I downvote this voting system?
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
1788 posts
916 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
You make a valid point konsensei. My apologies. I should have added IMHO. Editing now. Thank you.
konsensei wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 10:00 pm
look and taste are very subjective. Your taste may be not the same with OP, many other people out there including the designers, the leaders who approved the design of these light fixtures, or even the Costco managers who agreed to take on these lights.

The reasons they go on clearance at costco might have nothing to do with taste. Many items have gone on sale and clearance at costco weekly. Who are you to say all these items are so fugly they need to be on clearance.
Sep 3, 2013
12 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
konsensei wrote:

Precisely, well said. Let's keep to the deal the OP posted and is effectively sharing a good deal they found. That's what this site is about...Not judging other people's choice and taste...
Aug 28, 2010
925 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
Costs more to run the bulbs than the purchase
Dec 10, 2008
152 posts
66 upvotes
Great chandelier for fans of the Hellraiser movies.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
3146 posts
284 upvotes
Oakville
StealthFinder wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 10:17 pm
You make a valid point konsensei. My apologies. I should have added IMHO. Editing now. Thank you.
I have to say you took that criticism very well. Shows your maturity and professionalism!
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8526 posts
2715 upvotes
Ottawa
konsensei wrote:

...or the designers thouth taste was subjective and others would like it, the leaders thought if designers came up with this design obviously some people would like it. Then the Costco manager thought if a lighting company with professional designers and experts thought it was a nice design then obviously their customers would like it...
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1293 posts
435 upvotes
Anyone seen this thing in Etobicoke?

Going to call later but IMO the design is nice ;)
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2008
4443 posts
704 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
bigzinc10 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 9:38 pm
I just bought a nice LED semi flush mount, I think it was called artika lucidane, for 69.99. Looks very clean and classy. My parents bought something comparable for about $200.
I think this just arrived in the warehouse this week. I just saw it myself on Tuesday. I might pick it up for the master bedroom (upon wife's approval).
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
3288 posts
936 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
The lights don't suit my taste but I've shared your post with a couple people that may be interested. For what it is and if it's your cup of tea, this is definitely a hot deal. Thanks OP!
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel