[Costco] Costco Miel C3 Complete 389.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2019 9:06 am
[OP]
Dec 14, 2018
4 posts
2 upvotes

[Costco] Costco Miel C3 Complete 389.99

Costco Oshawa has the Miel C3 Complete, in Blue 389.99.
I haven't found a C3 for under 400 yet, has the Turbo Brush and the Bare floor Tool, 5 bags included.
Made in Germany, (NOT CHINA)
Images
  • 20181214_125528.jpg
  • 20181214_125533.jpg
16 replies
Apr 22, 2014
453 posts
192 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I thought most Costco's had this by now. I've seen them in Calgary at this price since the summer.
Koodo Mobile: 12GB @ 55$
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
3895 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
It's a good deal, considering Complete C3 Limited Edition goes on sale for 399 without turbo brush and 4 extra bags. Brush itself is about $130.
Apr 13, 2006
37 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Is the turbo brush enough for carpet cleaning?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2684 posts
272 upvotes
cicci wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 11:16 am
it's an air-driven brush, much like the dyson canisters too.
so it's good for low/medium pile carpeting.

if your whole house is carpeted it's worth getting something with an electric brush.

but the price point on this is very good.

also, one thing to note when vacuuming with the air-driven brush is that you can rotate the logo to let in air so the rollers can spin on thicker carpets.
Jul 13, 2007
227 posts
56 upvotes
Calgary
cicci wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 11:16 am
I have the Miele C1, with air turbo brush. I have short carpet, so it does okay. The power Miele vacuums are a fair bit pricier, I think the C2 power one is around $699. Before I had a Hoover vacuum with power head, but it broke. I think that vacuum did a slightly better job with the power head. The Miele vacuums are very good though, only downside is the cost of bags but I can't stand the canister vacuums personally - trying to empty them just seems to make more mess.

If you have a lot of carpet, I would save up a bit more and try and get a Miele power head vacuum on sale if you can find a reasonable discount.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2724 posts
1059 upvotes
The_Madz wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 11:33 am
it's an air-driven brush, much like the dyson canisters too.
so it's good for low/medium pile carpeting.

if your whole house is carpeted it's worth getting something with an electric brush.

but the price point on this is very good.

also, one thing to note when vacuuming with the air-driven brush is that you can rotate the logo to let in air so the rollers can spin on thicker carpets.
Just to add, electric brushes can't be purchased separately for this or any other models that didn't come with one out of the box as they do not have the electrical contacts needed to power it. The cheapest Miele vacuum that does come with an electric brush is the C1 Cat & Dog which is $699 so it's a big jump up in price.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
4507 posts
1392 upvotes
Debtario
Are there any good quality aftermarket or better OEM brushes out there?

I'm disappointed in the upholstery tool and the floor/carpet tools included with these vacuums, the vacuum units and filters are great but these cheap stiff nylon bristles feel like a dollar store joke. No comparison to my parent's ancient kenmore vacuum, think it was thick horsehair and extremely soft.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28777 posts
14586 upvotes
Ottawa
This is the regular price in store everyday of the week.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2684 posts
272 upvotes
M1K3Z0R wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 1:32 pm
Are there any good quality aftermarket or better OEM brushes out there?

I'm disappointed in the upholstery tool and the floor/carpet tools included with these vacuums, the vacuum units and filters are great but these cheap stiff nylon bristles feel like a dollar store joke. No comparison to my parent's ancient kenmore vacuum, think it was thick horsehair and extremely soft.
there are lots of nozzles you can buy.
the best brush for hardwood/tile in my opinion is the SBB-300.. combination of horsehair and synthetic fibers.
for dusting, the SUB-20 flexible brush also has horsehair.
Jun 4, 2005
636 posts
20 upvotes
Miele Combos are very confusing, and since accessories cost a fortune, it's hard to compare them directly as many of them include different accessories.

To clarify:
Costco packages come with:
1 C3 Vacuum
1 Non power wand and 1 non power tubing
1 SBD 285 for hardwood/laminate/maybe very low profile carpet
1 STB 305 air powered rotating brush (most other retailer does not include this). Good for low to medium profile carpet. Cost about 129
4 bags. (most other retailers does not include these). Cost about 20

(For reference, the one on sale at Best Buy and McHardy for 399 (regular 599) is usually the C3 with all above except: STB 305 and 4 bags)

The 2 biggest decision for Miele vacuum is
a. Which canister you like (C1 (made in China), C2, C3, etc). The higher end are sealed and have an option to get HEPA filter
b. If you are likely going to need the powerhead (SEB series) attachment for medium to thick carpet.

a. C1, C2, C3 is easier to decide
b. In order to use SEB powerhead, you will need both power connected version of the wand and tubing (which the costco and other cheaper version does not provide). These are very expensive on its own, and would be better just get the versions with SEB power head included already.

Hope this help clarify a few things.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2684 posts
272 upvotes
SkylineR34X wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 5:52 pm
Miele Combos are very confusing, and since accessories cost a fortune, it's hard to compare them directly as many of them include different accessories.

To clarify:
Costco packages come with:
1 C3 Vacuum
1 Non power wand and 1 non power tubing
1 SBD 285 for hardwood/laminate/maybe very low profile carpet
1 STB 305 air powered rotating brush (most other retailer does not include this). Good for low to medium profile carpet. Cost about 129
4 bags. (most other retailers does not include these). Cost about 20

(For reference, the one on sale at Best Buy and McHardy for 399 (regular 599) is usually the C3 with all above except: STB 305 and 4 bags)

The 2 biggest decision for Miele vacuum is
a. Which canister you like (C1 (made in China), C2, C3, etc). The higher end are sealed and have an option to get HEPA filter
b. If you are likely going to need the powerhead (SEB series) attachment for medium to thick carpet.

a. C1, C2, C3 is easier to decide
b. In order to use SEB powerhead, you will need both power connected version of the wand and tubing (which the costco and other cheaper version does not provide). These are very expensive on its own, and would be better just get the versions with SEB power head included already.

Hope this help clarify a few things.

nice summary, however, one minor edit.
all vacuums are sealed, you can get a HEPA filter for every vacuum.
all but the classic c1 has a rubber seal.

There are 4 series for Miele
Compact C1 (assembled in China) - as the name suggest, compact in nature and uses their smaller red FJM Bags. has a 9m (29.5ft) cleaning radius and a standard cord rewind mechanism
Classic C1 (assembled in Germany) - larger blue bag, Gn, lightest of them all and has a 9m (29.5ft) cleaning radius and standard cord rewind mechanism
Compact C2 (Assembled in Germany) - Compact vacuum, uses the smaller red (FJM) bags, has a 10m (33ft) cleaning radius and a one-touch cord rewind mechanism.
Complete C3 (Assembled in Germany) - largest vacuum, uses the larger blue (GN) bags, has a 11m (36ft) cleaning radius and a one-touch cord rewind mechanism. Also has the dusting brush, uphostry brush and crevice nozzle under a panel on the vacuum rather than sit in a holder on the hose

as you mentioned, It is never worth the cost to convert a vacuum from a non-power head to one that is.. the cost of the hose/wand / head is often the same or more than a vacuum with it.