Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco Moto G5 - Unlocked - 177.97

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 8th, 2018 9:10 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2011
1074 posts
479 upvotes
Edmonton
Skyghost wrote: Ever since I discovered how good these phones are, I've been buying Motorola for over 2 years for my whole family. Never had any issues. Their price/performance/features/reliability easily comes out on top.

I chuckle every time my friends and co workers spend $500+ bucks on latest (and sometimes older) Iphone/Samsung phones. My Motorola phone can do everything for less than half the price they paid.
Yes technically it can do everything a higher priced phone can. A Honda Civic can get from point A to B just like a Corvette...

I do agree mostly though since these phones are stock Android that's why they run so well on such insignificant hardware. However if you need a great camera that's the main reason to buy a flagship phone these days. Or if you watch a lot of content on your phone and need an awesome screen.
Sep 15, 2017
140 posts
361 upvotes
wetcardboard wrote: Yes technically it can do everything a higher priced phone can. A Honda Civic can get from point A to B just like a Corvette...

I do agree mostly though since these phones are stock Android that's why they run so well on such insignificant hardware. However if you need a great camera that's the main reason to buy a flagship phone these days. Or if you watch a lot of content on your phone and need an awesome screen.
While I understand that some people must have the best camera/resolution, I respectfully disagree.

It's a better deal to buy Motorola phone and use the money you saved on a professional camera if you really want the best photos.

To each their own I guess.

"Efficient workers get punished with more work"
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2012
2720 posts
1462 upvotes
Ottawa
I was in the Cyrville Rd., Ottawa warehouse yesterday afternoon and they appeared to have quite a few of them. Assuming the # of cardboard placards on the display represents the # of phones in stock.
prae praesto filum clostrum
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2011
1074 posts
479 upvotes
Edmonton
Skyghost wrote: While I understand that some people must have the best camera/resolution, I respectfully disagree.

It's a better deal to buy Motorola phone and use the money you saved on a professional camera if you really want the best photos.

To each their own I guess.

The thing is, everyone always had their phone on them, they don't carry around another camera very often. It's about the convenience.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5259 posts
3661 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
wetcardboard wrote: Yes technically it can do everything a higher priced phone can. A Honda Civic can get from point A to B just like a Corvette...

At least the Corvette give you completely different sensation.

But seriously, what will a galaxy S9 give you that is so much more exciting than a Moto G5... You won't be a better photographer just because your camera is better. I know a lot of people with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III that take shitty photos!

In the end, It's just a boring phone, that do boring phone stuff. Phone were exciting 5 years ago, now it's just boring like getting a new laptop!
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4047 posts
3277 upvotes
Ottawa
Kanata Costco has lots of G5 "cardboards" in stock Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes at $177.97. However, if you can find the same G5 at PC Mobile for the sale price of $140 with the No Tax promo today in this thread then it's $60 cheaper, it's YMMV though.

Confirmed: G5 is on sale at PC Mobile for $140 and No Tax in Ottawa. My local store has some stock, call yours to check and good luck! Smiling Face With Open MouthSmiling Face With Open MouthSmiling Face With Open Mouth
Apr 27, 2009
430 posts
320 upvotes
West Vancouver
snipzy wrote: Is this the 16 or 32 GB version? 2 GB ram or 3 GB?

If this is the 16 GB/ 2GB RAM version I think I'll pass.
It is the 16GB version, so with android etc taking approx 11 GB you have a bit of room for some apps. Don't think android version 8 will fit.

Adoptable storage will give you some additional headroom, but a lot of apps cannot be moved to adopted storage.
Mar 30, 2007
410 posts
185 upvotes
Halifax
gumby wrote: Kanata Costco has lots of G5 "cardboards" in stock Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes at $177.97. However, if you can find the same G5 at PC Mobile for the sale price of $140 with the No Tax promo today in this thread then it's $60 cheaper, it's YMMV though.

Confirmed: G5 is on sale at PC Mobile for $140 and No Tax in Ottawa. My local store has some stock, call yours to check and good luck! Smiling Face With Open MouthSmiling Face With Open MouthSmiling Face With Open Mouth
Glad I checked this forum today at RCSS Scarborough was able to get a g5 for 140...will return the one I got from costco
Aug 30, 2007
423 posts
219 upvotes
rtookey wrote: Just call with whatsapp or facebook messenger, which most people have anyway
Professionally, no. Wifi calling lets you keep your business telephone number going and not force some new client to try and figure that crap out.
Aug 19, 2008
508 posts
181 upvotes
Costco price comes with tax $200. If the Moto G5 at PC Mobile is the exact same phone (same version, same memory etc), the savings on tax free Saturday is substantial savings $60+
Mar 30, 2007
410 posts
185 upvotes
Halifax
yin5yan wrote: Costco price comes with tax $200. If the Moto G5 at PC Mobile is the exact same phone (same version, same memory etc), the savings on tax free Saturday is substantial savings $60+
Put the costco phone side by side with the pc phone and they are the exact phone...they have the same model number...Unless I missed something
Jun 12, 2011
355 posts
258 upvotes
TORONTO
Anyone know if these are still in stock around the GTA?
Dec 23, 2010
292 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto
Spotted at Guelph Costco for $129.98

Edit: just bought one, was told only one left as of 11:55am
Mar 24, 2004
533 posts
64 upvotes
Brampton
xtothel wrote: Spotted at Guelph Costco for $129.98

That's great! I paid $177.97 at Brampton Costco yesterday. :-(
Dec 23, 2010
292 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto
Watson wrote: That's great! I paid $177.97 at Brampton Costco yesterday. :-(
Go back and get your price adjusted :P
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1972 posts
2110 upvotes
Moncton
xtothel wrote: Spotted at Guelph Costco for $129.98

Checked here in Moncton and they're still listed at the $178. I'll keep my eyes open though to see if they go on firesale sometime over the next couple of days.
Koodo 33GB UL T&T @ $48 (waiting on my tab to switch to a better/cheaper plan)
Oct 4, 2016
20 posts
6 upvotes
Got it for $140 from Staples in December (price match). My previous phone was Moto E4 and before buying it I have never had a screen protector or a phone case and always kept the phone in my pockets together with keys and other stuff. And all my previous Samsung and Blackberry phones got just minor scratches. After one months of use Moto E4 got lots of scratches both on screen and the back of the phone. So when I got Moto G5 first time in my life I bought the screen protector and shell case.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2104 posts
2931 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
If you have the patience to wait, i would say the Xiaomi Redmi note 4 which runs 3gb ram and a snapdragon 625 instead of the 435, a battery probably 35% larger and larger screen is a far better deal at the same price on alixpress.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5259 posts
3661 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
My friend bought a Moto G5 and believe it or not but the phone function doesn't work.

I never saw that ever on a phone. I saw hundred of different bugs on Android but the phone call not working was a first!