Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19018 posts
119647 upvotes
GTA

[Costco] Costco: Oral-B CrossAction (2-pack handles) - $94.99

For anyone looking for an electric toothbrush, noticed that Costco has the Oral-B CrossAction on sale this week, $94.99 for 2 handles, 4 brushes, 2 travel cases and 2 chargers ($25 off regular price). Can also buy online for $5 more since it includes shipping:

https://www.costco.ca/.product.1162117.html

Edit: theganguly points out below that the executive member coupons from Oct 2-15 include $10 off the CrossAction brush heads (8-pack).
Last edited by toguy on Sep 25th, 2017 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
13 replies
Oct 30, 2013
925 posts
517 upvotes
Hijacking this post because it's relevant...

CrossAction brush heads (pack of 8) are $10 off, with executive member coupon from Oct 12 to 15.

edit: Starts on Oct 2 actually.
Last edited by theganguly on Sep 25th, 2017 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
5235 posts
371 upvotes
Great to know! I need some brush heads. Thanks.
Jan 5, 2006
600 posts
37 upvotes
Whitby
Good deal.. I bought these the last time they were on sale.. Having switched from the Phillips Sonicare, I personally liked the Sonicare more than the Oral-B.
Aug 28, 2017
71 posts
122 upvotes
Do these brushes ever go on bigger sales? These or even the sonicare?
Aug 18, 2017
31 posts
18 upvotes
I'm in the market for an electrical toothbrush. I'm wondering if there's any advantage on the high-end model of oralb or sonicare over this 2000 series in terms of cleaning. From my research, it seems that the spec(oscillation and pulsations) are the same for 2000 series and up. Anyone can share their experience? Thanks!
Aug 31, 2008
473 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
we r waiting for sale on Sonicare...
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
3988 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone tried both the sonic care and this can offer opinions on which they prefer?
Nov 26, 2013
5 posts
Thornhill, ON
I've had this for about six months now, caught a clearance sale in the states. Pretty solid brush and as an added benefit, there are many third party companies that offer replacement heads at an extremely reduced price (Groupon, Amazon etc). Wife recently picked up the pro 6000 version (weird as it has a Bluetooth function and app) and I can barely tell the difference. For two units, seems a good deal. Will pick this up for the kids.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2003
4632 posts
5278 upvotes
LeafsIn2099 wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 11:34 am
I've had this for about six months now, caught a clearance sale in the states. Pretty solid brush and as an added benefit, there are many third party companies that offer replacement heads at an extremely reduced price (Groupon, Amazon etc). Wife recently picked up the pro 6000 version (weird as it has a Bluetooth function and app) and I can barely tell the difference. For two units, seems a good deal. Will pick this up for the kids.
Do yourself a favour and stay away from the third-party knockoff replacement heads. They are well known to break easily (in your mouth) and not worth the savings.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2003
4632 posts
5278 upvotes
theganguly wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 7:18 am
Hijacking this post because it's relevant...

CrossAction brush heads (pack of 8) are $10 off, with executive member coupon from Oct 12 to 15.

edit: Starts on Oct 2 actually.
Is the executive member coupon available in store, or one from the mail?
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Oct 5, 2012
86 posts
24 upvotes
BC
Polymertank wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 10:28 am
I'm in the market for an electrical toothbrush. I'm wondering if there's any advantage on the high-end model of oralb or sonicare over this 2000 series in terms of cleaning. From my research, it seems that the spec(oscillation and pulsations) are the same for 2000 series and up. Anyone can share their experience? Thanks!
I bought the prev version of the Oral B Black 7000 - which features "Six High-Performance Brushing Modes: Daily Clean, Deep Clean, Whitening, Massage, Sensitive and Tongue Cleaning." about 3 years ago. Tried all of the other settings only once. For the rest of the 3 years of its life span, I brushed my teeth using only Daily Clean and the only 2 things about it that I used so much was the premium travel case and the SmartGuide. I bought this from Target at 75$ that was price matched with amazon. For the price I got it for, it was certainly a fantastic deal. If it was higher .. I would've just got the oral b without the bells and whistles.

My experience with my Oral B Black 7000:

pros-
* Nice travel case. I like how the interior is lined with silicone .. so I just wash that and I'm good.
* 4 free brush heads to start off - you get to try the various heads to see which you like/suits you best
* Love the SmartGuide (visual for your 2 minute timer and tells you when to switch to the next section of your teeth when in use, when not, it's a great *mini* bathroom clock) You don't *need* this, however. The handle itself will beep when it's time to switch sections.
* It's been 3 years, and mine still works. Battery hasn't kicked the bucket yet either despite being on plugged charging stand after each use.
* Battery not an issue since you'll likely just set it down on the charging stand after each use

I prefer the smaller round spinning brush head over, say, Sonicare, because it easily reaches the far back of my wisdom teeth ---- that little nook and cranny that non-round brushes tended to miss. Brushing with this vs hand brushing is night and day difference. My teeth used to hurt from my poor hand brushing due to cavities and I tended to cut the inside of my mouth trying to reach the ends of my wisdom teeth. This of course, gets infected and that becomes super painful.. but since getting an electric tooth brush (generalized; non brand specific) my teeth are doing so much better. But .. please, please don't buy this just to avoid a trip to the dentist. lol

cons-
* I can see people only using setting 1 or 2 and maybe the tongue cleaning. I typically just use 1 because #2 takes too long (it's what.. 4 minutes?) and use that to clean my tongue too because let's be real: I'm lazy af. Many reviewers have mentioned the same thing I just said when I did my research. And besides, the proper advice is to use 1 and use a separate tongue cleaner.
* The charging stand that also holds the brushes kind of suck if you have big fingers. I have craft fingers, yet after 3 years I still find myself putting the brush head on the sides separating each brush head placement -- good thing charging stand is not attached to the brush head case. Pretty sure you can find a cheap better brush head holder somewhere.
* Brush heads are kinda expensive if you're replacing them each month. They don't really like going on sale either. Also, like everyone else has been saying: avoid the cheap third party ones too -- unknowingly swallowing bristles that fell off probably isn't healthy
* For something that supposedly is for bathroom use, the smart guide kind of sucks in the sense that the display looks as if shower humidity had gotten to it. It works but no longer displayed perfectly well within the first year of use. You also cannot find this thing separately sold. I may also have just not been able to find it.

This isn't really a con but at first use, the handle is a bit awkward to use because you're likely coming from a "manual brush" which is nice, thin and light. You get used to this over time - and probably easier with Oral B because the brush is round, rather than oval shaped.

t;dr: just getting an electric toothbrush is worth it. The bells and whistles though? Not so much. Hope this helps!
Aug 18, 2017
31 posts
18 upvotes
Audra2202 wrote:
Oct 15th, 2017 3:10 am
I bought the prev version of the Oral B Black 7000 - which features "Six High-Performance Brushing Modes: Daily Clean, Deep Clean, Whitening, Massage, Sensitive and Tongue Cleaning." about 3 years ago. Tried all of the other settings only once. For the rest of the 3 years of its life span, I brushed my teeth using only Daily Clean and the only 2 things about it that I used so much was the premium travel case and the SmartGuide. I bought this from Target at 75$ that was price matched with amazon. For the price I got it for, it was certainly a fantastic deal. If it was higher .. I would've just got the oral b without the bells and whistles.

My experience with my Oral B Black 7000:

pros-
* Nice travel case. I like how the interior is lined with silicone .. so I just wash that and I'm good.
* 4 free brush heads to start off - you get to try the various heads to see which you like/suits you best
* Love the SmartGuide (visual for your 2 minute timer and tells you when to switch to the next section of your teeth when in use, when not, it's a great *mini* bathroom clock) You don't *need* this, however. The handle itself will beep when it's time to switch sections.
* It's been 3 years, and mine still works. Battery hasn't kicked the bucket yet either despite being on plugged charging stand after each use.
* Battery not an issue since you'll likely just set it down on the charging stand after each use

I prefer the smaller round spinning brush head over, say, Sonicare, because it easily reaches the far back of my wisdom teeth ---- that little nook and cranny that non-round brushes tended to miss. Brushing with this vs hand brushing is night and day difference. My teeth used to hurt from my poor hand brushing due to cavities and I tended to cut the inside of my mouth trying to reach the ends of my wisdom teeth. This of course, gets infected and that becomes super painful.. but since getting an electric tooth brush (generalized; non brand specific) my teeth are doing so much better. But .. please, please don't buy this just to avoid a trip to the dentist. lol

cons-
* I can see people only using setting 1 or 2 and maybe the tongue cleaning. I typically just use 1 because #2 takes too long (it's what.. 4 minutes?) and use that to clean my tongue too because let's be real: I'm lazy af. Many reviewers have mentioned the same thing I just said when I did my research. And besides, the proper advice is to use 1 and use a separate tongue cleaner.
* The charging stand that also holds the brushes kind of suck if you have big fingers. I have craft fingers, yet after 3 years I still find myself putting the brush head on the sides separating each brush head placement -- good thing charging stand is not attached to the brush head case. Pretty sure you can find a cheap better brush head holder somewhere.
* Brush heads are kinda expensive if you're replacing them each month. They don't really like going on sale either. Also, like everyone else has been saying: avoid the cheap third party ones too -- unknowingly swallowing bristles that fell off probably isn't healthy
* For something that supposedly is for bathroom use, the smart guide kind of sucks in the sense that the display looks as if shower humidity had gotten to it. It works but no longer displayed perfectly well within the first year of use. You also cannot find this thing separately sold. I may also have just not been able to find it.

This isn't really a con but at first use, the handle is a bit awkward to use because you're likely coming from a "manual brush" which is nice, thin and light. You get used to this over time - and probably easier with Oral B because the brush is round, rather than oval shaped.

t;dr: just getting an electric toothbrush is worth it. The bells and whistles though? Not so much. Hope this helps!
Glad that I bought the oralb 2000 series from Costco when it was on sale and I'm very happy with it so far. Thank you very much for sharing your experience!
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2001
13996 posts
4507 upvotes
Perhaps I'm different, but I don't put it back on the charger after every use. I put it on when the battery light starts to flash. Because of that I find I only get 4-5 days out of a charge, so overall very disappointed with the lifespan (we have gone through 4 of these brushes - 2 packs - in the past 4-5 years). We only have one plug in the bathroom so could not possibly dedicate the outlets to just our toothbrushes. Definitely not a toothbrush I'd recommend because of this - I think we will try a different brand once the battery goes down to 2-3 days (which our last ones did).